2021 4* Stud Dylan Brooks (2/20: Commits To AU!

ellitor

30 minutes ago, metafour said:

He's free!

Keith is saying as of 15 minutes ago he has not been able to confirm this yet.

30 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

If so, why would they change their mind so quick? Sounds like they didn't think it through or the initial release info was incorrect to begin with....

The initial release info was correct. If the Vols have changed their stance it's been because of public backlash. They have been hammered on sports radio in the Southeast this morning.

• Like 1

This is getting ridiculous and petty. No way the NCAA would allow Tennessee to limit where he goes especially with what they are facing 

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

This is getting ridiculous and petty. No way the NCAA would allow Tennessee to limit where he goes especially with what they are facing 

@DAG. Not an NCAA issue. It's an SEC issue/rule the Vols (at least initially) were trying to use.

Just now, ellitor said:

@DAG. Not an NCAA issue. It's an SEC issue/rule the Vols (at least initially) were trying to use.

From what I understand this has been tried before and upon appeal or at least threatening of it, schools in the past usually changed their stance 

1 minute ago, DAG said:

From what I understand this has been tried before and upon appeal or at least threatening of it, schools in the past usually changed their stance 

Yes & it's through the conference, not the NCAA. The SEC needs to change this rule yesterday.

• Like 1

Just now, Tony4AU said:

Full release now

It should’ve always been that way. So dumb . Trying to win the battle and lose the war.

• Like 3

Hope this hasn’t been posted already 

Vols releasing Dylan Brooks from NLI

11 minutes ago

Here is the latest information on the situation regarding 4-star Tennessee Vols defenisve end signee Dylan Brooks of Roanoke (Ala.) Handley:

FIRST, SOME BACKGROUND:

Brooks officially asked for his release from Tennessee in January.

A one-time Auburn target from Roanoke (Ala.), Handley committed to the Vols last spring, He made the decision shortly after Tennessee coach Jeremy Pruitt, two assistants and multiple staffers were fired. He was particularly close with Pruitt. Brooks has gone on record saying he was told by Tennessee staffers last December that Pruitt would not be fired.

Brooks is not an early enrollee, but he did sign a National Letter-of-Intent with the Vols on Dec. 16.

Schools can not recruit him until he is granted a release. According to our intel, Auburn would recruit him if given the chance -- and Brooks has told us he probably would attend that school if possible.

THURSDAY AFTERNOON UPDATE:

Per sources, Tennessee plans to let Brooks out of his NLI (National Letter of Intent) but not his Southeastern Conference agreement. That means if he wanted to attend Auburn, or any other SEC school, he would have to sit out a year and and lose that year of eligibility.

For Brooks, this is not really ideal. He wants to play in the SEC. That's his first choice.

We're not sure yet what his next step would be at this time.

THURSDAY EVENING UPDATE:

Brooks confirmed our earlier reporting. He told Auburn Undercover he spoke to Vols head coach Josh Heupel about the situation Thursday. "They're going to release me but they won't let me play in the SEC," Brooks said.

We don't believe this is an uncommon move by Tennessee. However, with the Vols having fired Pruitt and his staff a full month after Brooks signed, the overall situation certainly is unique in many ways.

Brooks is frustrated but isn't sure what his next move will be.

"I don't know what I'll do," he said. "I don't want to go to Tennessee."

What are his options? He's trying to figure that out.

74COMMENTS

As we learn more information, we will pass it along.

• ellitor changed the title to 2021 4* Buck Dylan Brooks (2/19: Fully Released By Vols)
4 minutes ago, toddc said:

Hope this hasn’t been posted already 

Vols releasing Dylan Brooks from NLI

11 minutes ago

Here is the latest information on the situation regarding 4-star Tennessee Vols defenisve end signee Dylan Brooks of Roanoke (Ala.) Handley:

FIRST, SOME BACKGROUND:

Brooks officially asked for his release from Tennessee in January.

A one-time Auburn target from Roanoke (Ala.), Handley committed to the Vols last spring, He made the decision shortly after Tennessee coach Jeremy Pruitt, two assistants and multiple staffers were fired. He was particularly close with Pruitt. Brooks has gone on record saying he was told by Tennessee staffers last December that Pruitt would not be fired.

Brooks is not an early enrollee, but he did sign a National Letter-of-Intent with the Vols on Dec. 16.

Schools can not recruit him until he is granted a release. According to our intel, Auburn would recruit him if given the chance -- and Brooks has told us he probably would attend that school if possible.

THURSDAY AFTERNOON UPDATE:

Per sources, Tennessee plans to let Brooks out of his NLI (National Letter of Intent) but not his Southeastern Conference agreement. That means if he wanted to attend Auburn, or any other SEC school, he would have to sit out a year and and lose that year of eligibility.

For Brooks, this is not really ideal. He wants to play in the SEC. That's his first choice.

We're not sure yet what his next step would be at this time.

THURSDAY EVENING UPDATE:

Brooks confirmed our earlier reporting. He told Auburn Undercover he spoke to Vols head coach Josh Heupel about the situation Thursday. "They're going to release me but they won't let me play in the SEC," Brooks said.

We don't believe this is an uncommon move by Tennessee. However, with the Vols having fired Pruitt and his staff a full month after Brooks signed, the overall situation certainly is unique in many ways.

Brooks is frustrated but isn't sure what his next move will be.

"I don't know what I'll do," he said. "I don't want to go to Tennessee."

What are his options? He's trying to figure that out.

74COMMENTS

As we learn more information, we will pass it along.

@toddc Appreciate it but this article was out of date as of about 30 minutes ago. He has been fully released.

Just now, ellitor said:

@toddc Appreciate it but this article was out of date as of about 30 minutes ago.

I was just about to put that out. It’s only about 15 minutes since released and already out of date. Lol

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

@toddc Appreciate it but this article was out of date as of about 30 minutes ago. He has been fully released.

Harsin, send him a NLI to sign and get him on board ASAP

1 minute ago, dilligas said:

Harsin, send him a NLI to sign and get him on board ASAP

@dilligasCan't. Recruits can only sign 1 NLI a year even if the 1st was ruled null & void. He will just commit to his school of choice soon & enroll in May or June.

• Like 2

Let's get this man in orange and blue. Everyone still seems pretty confident he will be at AU.

• Love 1

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@dilligasCan't. Recruits can only sign 1 NLI a year even if the 1st was ruled null & void. He will just commit to his school of choice soon & enroll in May or June.

Ok hopefully that happens for Auburn

12 minutes ago, ellitor said:

https://web3.ncaa.org/ECMIP/docs/nli_education_tutorial.pdf

says here a prospective student athlete may sign a new nli after released from the first one if he/she has not enrolled in the first school.  Since Brooks has not enrolled T utk he can indeed sign a new NLI according to NCAA unless the SEC has some rule that the NCAA does not in regards to that.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Sorry again for the derail. Hopefully now we can stay on Powell Gordon now.

6 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Keith expects Brooks' recruitment to end quickly.

Dangit E

Jk buddy. Two hot OLB threads at once...

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Thanks! What page is that on?

I read it in one place but on further reading found just the opposite as you said so apparently he can not sign a new NLI as you said.  Sorry all for giving out misinformation.

http://www.nationalletter.org/frequentlyAskedQuestions/askingForARelease.html

8 minutes ago, dilligas said:

https://web3.ncaa.org/ECMIP/docs/nli_education_tutorial.pdf

says here a prospective student athlete may sign a new nli after released from the first one if he/she has not enrolled in the first school.  Since Brooks has not enrolled T utk he can indeed sign a new NLI according to NCAA unless the SEC has some rule that the NCAA does not in regards to that.

@dilligasIt's still coinfusing. There's also this bullet point which applies to Brooks case...

• Since a PSA may sign only one valid NLI annually, if granted a complete release, the PSA may notsign another NLI during that samesigning year.