97% of Signees Have Enrolled Under Gus

AU-24

https://auburn.rivals.com/news/auburn-tigers-football-signees-qualify-gus-malzahn-enroll-2019-class

The guy is not perfect but 97% of Coach Malzahn’s recruits have enrolled. Very impressive!

Gus Malzahn has brought in seven recruiting classes since taking over at Auburn in late 2012. That’s 163 players that have signed a National Letter of Intent.

And 158 of those have qualified and enrolled at Auburn including all 21 signees in the 2019 class after offensive lineman Kamaar Bell enrolled earlier this week. That’s a 97 percent rate.

• ellitor changed the title to 97% of Signees Have Enrolled Under Gus

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very impressive indeed.  That coupled with a clean program.  I believe the last person to get in trouble was Stephen Roberts getting arrested for possession of a firearm in 2017 (knock on wood).

Despite what some think, this is something that we've talked about some over the last few years, but probably not enough. Really proud of this and Gus deserves a ton of credit. 

2 hours ago, abw0004 said:

Very impressive indeed.  That coupled with a clean program.  I believe the last person to get in trouble was Stephen Roberts getting arrested for possession of a firearm in 2017 (knock on wood).

I knocked too.

Anyone know the percentage that enrolled and finished their college career at Auburn?  Just curious because I know it seems like we had a lot of transfers and "personal issues".

6 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

Anyone know the percentage that enrolled and finished their college career at Auburn?  Just curious because I know it seems like we had a lot of transfers and "personal issues".

Retention hasn't been good & has been a problem for sure.

37 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

31 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Retention hasn't been good & has been a problem for sure.

Hard to quantify, but it also seems more acute because of the percentage of high profile players that we've lost, going back to Duke Williams. Him, Jovon Robinson, Roc Thomas, Kyle Davis, Byron Cowart, NCM, Jeremy Johnson (for all practical purposes), Jibunor to a lesser degree... mostly elite recruits who were supposed to be cornerstones of the team. And many of them we lost at the same time or in consecutive seasons. 2015 alone was insanity. 

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Hard to quantify

Not hard to quantify. Just takes about an hour or 2 of work. More energy than I want to put into answering the question.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Not hard to quantify. Just takes about an hour or 2 of work. More energy than I want to put into answering the question.

Think about what you just said there.

37 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Think about what you just said there.

I'll do it by year so it's not an all at once project.

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Hard to quantify, but it also seems more acute because of the percentage of high profile players that we've lost, going back to Duke Williams. Him, Jovon Robinson, Roc Thomas, Kyle Davis, Byron Cowart, NCM, Jeremy Johnson (for all practical purposes), Jibunor to a lesser degree... mostly elite recruits who were supposed to be cornerstones of the team. And many of them we lost at the same time or in consecutive seasons. 2015 alone was insanity. 

Jeremy?

Y'all please double check me on this.

For the purposes of this discussion players who leave early for the NFL will be counted as completing college career at AU whether they were drafted or not. Players who leave for disciplinary reasons but don't attend other colleges will be count along with transfers who left AU.

2013 22 Enrollies

14 completed college career at AU or turned pro

Monty Adams
Marcus Davis
Kenny Flowers
Tony Stevens
Nick Marshall
Ben Bradley
Brandon King
Devonte Danzey
CAP
Legatron
Jeremy Johnson
Carl Lawson
Rudy Ford
Peyton Barber

8 did not finish at AU

Jimmy Hutcheson
Mack Alexander
Deon Mix
Elijah Daniel
Dominic Walker
Khari Harding
Cam Toney
Kam Melton

64% of enrollies finished career at AU.

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

8 did not finish at AU

Jimmy Hutcheson
Mack Alexander
Deon Mix
Elijah Daniel
Dominic Walker
Khari Harding
Cam Toney
Kam Melton

Fine. You win. It wasn't hard. E was right, McDoofus was wrong! There! Are you happy?!?! :(

(Thanks. Elijah Daniel and Jimmy Hutcheson- #1 punter or #2 punter in the country coming in- were pretty high profile. A few other guys on that list might've gotten processed?)

14 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Y'all please double check me on this.

For the purposes of this discussion players who leave early for the NFL will be counted as completing college career at AU. Player who leave for disciplinary reasons but don't attend other colleges will be count along with transfers who left AU.

2013 22 Entollies

64% of enrollies finished career at AU.

Is this a new mashup word for total enrollies?

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Fine. You win. It wasn't hard. E was right, McDoofus was wrong! There! Are you happy?!?! :(

Relax friend. My post was not in a who's right or wrong tone. My point is as long as you have a list of enrollies then it's not hard to figure out who finished & who didn't with descent accuracy. It just takes time to do it accurately (& for me to type it out). Enrollies lists are available for each year using the Rivals & 247 class lists.

6 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

A few other guys on that list might've gotten processed?

Not sure about processed but the rest all transferred.

1 minute ago, LKEEL75 said:

Is this a new mashup word for total enrollies?

Sounds like a new Italian restaurant.

6 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

But my post was in a super sarcastic tone. 

The one with the sad face emoji? Couldn't tell since I ruffle your feathers sometimes. If not yellow font, a sarcasm gif, or a tongue out emoji chances are I will miss the sarcasm.

6 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

I knocked too.

I’m not superstitious at all but I knocked on wood, plastic, granite, formica, paper, steel, aluminum, stone, brick, cement, glass.

But again, I’m not superstitious at all.

17 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

But my post was in a super sarcastic tone. 

That's why he missed it

Archived