Auburn VS Oregon Discussion (Merged Threads)

aucanucktiger

Never too early to think ahead😁 and a couple recent relevant developments make this neutral site game even more interesting. Their very good QB just announced he will forego NFL attempts to return senior season. Ducks also (IMHO oddly) just landed the #1 (#2 24/7) h.s. recruit for this cycle - a manimal DE predicted by many to dominate a la Clowney from day 1. Look for Oregon to get pre-season media love (they historically worship Cristobal too who is, I agree, an amazing recruiter) making our win a great season kickstart.😉

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not good for us. Any games before October is bad news for Gus and throw in the fact that he doesn't trust Malik Willis and won't trust Joey G or Bo Nix as freshman (plus inevitably losing key defensive pieces) we will be lucky to keep this one close IMO

40 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Not good for us. Any games before October is bad news for Gus and throw in the fact that he doesn't trust Malik Willis and won't trust Joey G or Bo Nix as freshman (plus inevitably losing key defensive pieces) we will be lucky to keep this one close IMO

Unfortunately, I think you just hit it in the screws.

21 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

I hate that this is our reality

38 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

Unfortunately, he stripped em too. Star bit screws are tbe best. 

We never won pretty but seem to come away with a win in the opener more times than not against power 5 teams.  But we are months away from being able to have a feeling about next year one way or another. Curious to see how the offense rolls this week. 

We'll get an first half lead just like the last 2 years and Orgeron will make adjustments and Gus won't and we all know the rest of the story....oh wait, Oregon, my bad. All joking aside Gus will have to decide who his QB will be before game week if we have any chance at all. This game would make me nervous even if Stidham was back. 

The PAC 12 sucks. We beat PAC 12 champs Washington this year. We got this.......... :beer2:

We should just buy our way out of this game, mark it down as a loss and prepare for Tulane.

Then skip the Kent State game.....'cause....you know....Woody Barrett....running QB and all that.

Good as of a time as ever to showcase ourselves.  We always do our best when expected to lose anyways

32 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Good as of a time as ever to showcase ourselves.  We always do our best when expected to lose anyways

Weren’t we expected to lose at bama and at UGA this yr?

So a guy who might be the #1 QB pick or at least a first round pick decides to come back?    Good for him.    

4 hours ago, DAG said:

Had no idea Oregon was recruiting that well yikes

Mario Cristabol is one of the best at that. 

9 minutes ago, doug3020 said:

Weren’t we expected to lose at bama and at UGA this yr?

True...and last year too.....so guess you never know....

26 minutes ago, AU64 said:

So a guy who might be the #1 QB pick or at least a first round pick decides to come back?    Good for him.    

Weak QB class tbh. He definitely needs more time for development. 

Just now, DAG said:

Weak QB class tbh. He definitely needs more time for development. 

I think that is true but how much higher can he climb in the draft and isn't the bonus money pre-established?   Just wondering if there is any real serious financial benefit for him....guess we will find out next year. 

One saving grace is Herbert didn’t play as well this year as he did his sophomore season.  When defenses shut down Oregon’s running game they had historically bad offensive stats.  Where else have I seen that?  Who knows how good anyone will be week 1?  

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

I think that is true but how much higher can he climb in the draft and isn't the bonus money pre-established?   Just wondering if there is any real serious financial benefit for him....guess we will find out next year. 

I don’t think it’s about draft status. Probably more about NFL duration. 

6 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Unfortunately, he stripped em too. Star bit screws are tbe best. 

You are correct sir. Just rebuilt my handrails on front porch with these type screws. Did not strip any.

i'm not sold on Herbert as that type of QB to fear a game..Part of him being a top QB this year coming out was because of a weak class of QB's.. If we lose, it will not be because of Herbert

Archived