Boobee

Tigerpro2a

The only really bad call I remember is an intentional grounding against them when the ball didnt miss an eligible receiver by more than three yards. I don’t think anyone has even mentioned that. It might have been a third down stop anyway. That part I don’t remember. 

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, alexava said:

The only really bad call I remember is an intentional grounding against them when the ball didnt miss an eligible receiver by more than three yards. I don’t think anyone has even mentioned that. It might have been a third down stop anyway. That part I don’t remember. 

Funny....I thought that was a brilliant call!!!

22 hours ago, gr82be said:

There's quite a difference between someone being offended by what he said or being soft and someone else thinking he should take the humble and gracious approach and show respect to your opponent. Tennis players, golfers etc. can speak for themselves. When football players speak they represent their team whether they meant to or not. 

I'm pretty good trash talking golfer not that there are many of us. 

20 hours ago, Beaker said:

That and now the spot of Bo's 4th down conversion run.

👆👆👆 this 👆👆👆

After talking with my friends still up in Eugene, that is one of the three things they are really worked up about. They think they were screwed out of the win with that play. 

They also complain about the dropped TD pass saying they just needed it to win. 

And finally the clock mismanagement by Cristobal... Snapping the ball with 20+ seconds on the play clock in the 2nd half, and the two timeouts when Herbert was injured and tried to come back out. 

8 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

After talking with my friends still up in Eugene, that is one of the three things they are really worked up about. They think they were screwed out of the win with that play. 

I thought it was pretty dag gum clear he made the first. I actually thought he was spotted about 6 inches short of where he shouldve been.

20 hours ago, Beaker said:

That and now the spot of Bo's 4th down conversion run.

Who knows, maybe we meet them in the playoffs and we get to strap it on again with Oregon.  That would be a lot of fun

Given the non PI call on the 3rd down prior to that play, they can’t talk about Jack s***

I would not read too much into this. Kids sometimes get hyped and say goofy things and then realize afterwards that this was not the best thing to do. I think in the future, Boobee will show his talents on the field and will keep his comments to a minimum. 

1 hour ago, Maverick.AU said:

Given the non PI call on the 3rd down prior to that play, they can’t talk about Jack s***

Truth be told - that "drop" by Canella was a blatant PI (100% confidence) and I have no idea why the ref swallowed his whistle.    I think (50% confidence) there was plenty of PI on the last TD catch by Seth W also.  That was harder to see.  

1 hour ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I thought it was pretty dag gum clear he made the first. I actually thought he was spotted about 6 inches short of where he shouldve been.

I agree 100% - I think we really got a crappy spot.  I watched that 5-6 times on Tue night and still believe it was a crappy spot.   They showed the replay in the stadium and it looked clear when the knee touched.  Granted the ball shouldn't be where Bo landed, but it was a crappy spot.  

As for Oregon belly-aching about that - they aren't being honest with themselves.  Just remind your friends they got away with two pivotal PI penalties.  Had the PI been called, the crappy spot is a non-issue.  

Whew, so glad we are 1-0 and not 0-1 this week.  

WDE! 

Just now, Beaker said:

Truth be told - that "drop" by Canella was a blatant PI (100% confidence) and I have no idea why the ref swallowed his whistle.    I think (50% confidence) there was plenty of PI on the last TD catch by Seth W also.  That was harder to see.  

I agree 100% - I think we really got a crappy spot.  I watched that 5-6 times on Tue night and still believe it was a crappy spot.   They showed the replay in the stadium and it looked clear when the knee touched.  Granted the ball shouldn't be where Bo landed, but it was a crappy spot.  

As for Oregon belly-aching about that - they aren't being honest with themselves.  Just remind your friends they got away with two pivotal PI penalties.  Had the PI been called, the crappy spot is a non-issue.  

Whew, so glad we are 1-0 and not 0-1 this week.  

WDE! 

Looked like PI on the first shot to Seth on that drive. 

2 hours ago, alexava said:

I know a few. Very few. 

gotta be careful with smack talk in golf....the game will turn on you in a heartbeat.  Golf (the game) takes no prisoners....and the PBFU is well known among us amateur golfers. 

On 9/4/2019 at 7:24 PM, tbone4jc said:

I find this thread hilarious. The kid was in his emotions. Maybe he is tired of Auburn being disrespected and belittled. Even yesterday pundits were saying Oregon played a better game than Auburn and should have won. I just think this is much ado about nothing.

Pundits were actually saying Oregon played a better game...wow. Auburn had a lot more rushing yards and more total yards than Oregon. Not sure how they came to that conclusion. I mean maybe if they completely ignore the 2nd half of the game. 

I used to have a lot of respect for the Oregon program & fans, but I'm having to reconsider. Whining about Michael Dyer's run after all these years is kinda pathetic. I'm sure they think he was down (though the refs & the announcers that night disagreed, & they weren't Auburn fans), but geez! And if Michael had been down that wouldn't have given them the game. We still had the ball, still had time, still had Cam. Now they're going to whine about Bo's 4th down run? I, too, thought Bo got a bad spot--I thought the replays showed the ball was clearly past the yard marker when his knee was down so that he made the 1st down clearly. As others have pointed out, that play only happened because of the awful no call on PI against Sal the play before, so they need to just give that a rest. But here's the clincher on this reconsideration... Many of my family members went to Dallas, & as they were in line to get through security & into the stadium, an Oregon fan told  them that their basketball team was better than ours & should have been in the Final 4 instead of us! Wow!  🤣🤣🤣

9 minutes ago, twilli13 said:

Pundits were actually saying Oregon played a better game...wow. Auburn had a lot more rushing yards and more total yards than Oregon. Not sure how they came to that conclusion. I mean maybe if they completely ignore the 2nd half of the game. 

More like talking heads than pundits/experts

1 hour ago, twilli13 said:

Exactly!

11 hours ago, alexava said:

It was because he did it to avoid the sack with no intention to get it to a receiver. Can’t remember what it was called, but the ref explained it.

I'm liking Boobee more every game.  Good example of the coaches really doing their homework to get him here. Now, can we snatch a few big time offensive linemen with no P5 offers? 😀

12 hours ago, toddc said:

It was because he did it to avoid the sack with no intention to get it to a receiver. Can’t remember what it was called, but the ref explained it.

QBs do that all the time. It just has to be in the general area. 

1 hour ago, AUGunsmith said:

God, I hate this holier than thou, let's always be choir boys attitude some have. 

Nothing wrong with wanting our boys to conduct themselves with class. We don't want to be LSU do we?

Imagine asking someone to run through a person but requiring them to be nice about it lol

It was a funny little quip by Boobie. People are complaining about Oregon not letting "Dyer was down" go or not shutting up about "Bo was down". This was us firing a shot back. He didn't say anything that crossed any sort of line. People on this board are always pumping up the SEC and slandering other conferences, but when a guy who actually participates in all of this does it it's suddenly a problem? C'monnnn

5 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Nothing wrong with wanting our boys to conduct themselves with class. We don't want to be LSU do we?

I personally wouldn't say his comments lacked class. 

I'm excited to see the swag emerging from this offense. Boobee, Seth, Worm, Nix... these dudes have an edge to them and we don't erase a 15-pt 2nd-half deficit against a top-15 team on national television without it. Good kids with big attitudes on the field are exactly what Auburn should be. All credit to Gus. Let's just hope the OLs find their footing and their swag and Gus keeps figuring out what works. 

But yeah, man. Put Kenny Irons, er, Boobee Whitlow soundbytes in my veins. This kid is a treasure. 

The quote-

“Nobody wanted to lose to Oregon. We feel like that’s a bad reputation on them. What are they, ACC? Pac-12? I didn’t even know what they were. A Pac-12 team coming in and beating an SEC team, we can’t take that,” 

I guess I just would have preferred that the bolded part was left out. I have zero issue with the rest of it. I guess I don't see the humor in those 2 sentences. At the same time people on here were bothered by The University of Auburn stuff that Cristobal said. Maybe this was his dig back at that, who knows? Either way what Whitlow "said" by running through the Duck defense when it counted was so much more of a statement than what he said afterward. 

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

But yeah, man. Put Kenny Irons, er, Boobee Whitlow soundbytes in my veins. This kid is a treasure. 

I like that. I am not saying He doesn't have class or even act like it. I am saying he is bordering that line in my opinion. I like the attitude when on the field...just feel like additional jabs arent needed after the game. MAybe he didn't mean it that way. Either way good conversation

Archived