2019/20 Season Long Men's Rankings & NET Thread

toddc

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not crying you're crying.

This whole ride has been so rewarding for me personally.

I'm heading down to AU to get started on Bruce's statue, anyone wanna ride?

3 hours ago, Tiger said:

I'm not crying you're crying.

This whole ride has been so rewarding for me personally.

I'm heading down to AU to get started on Bruce's statue, anyone wanna ride?

I'll bring my chisels.

I was reading an article yesterday that San Diego state had a much easier go the rest of the way and had a good chance to keep their record perfect; whereas Auburn is unlikely to. I’m not going to be all upset with a loss when it comes but really really dont want Bama to be our first loss.🥴.

12 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

really really dont want Bama to be our first loss.🥴.

They may not if they even beat us. We have UGA this Saturday & they just beat Memphis on the road.

For anyone who knows more about these things than me, why is Arkansas not ranked at 12-1? They are 26 NET and 12 RPI. 

2 hours ago, gr82be said:

For anyone who knows more about these things than me, why is Arkansas not ranked at 12-1? They are 26 NET and 12 RPI. 

Because they were picked preseason to finish at the bottom by the SEC Media & that permeated national perception. Also Indiana is viewed as the only quality team so far. Their loss was a questionable one at WKU soundly. And they are ranked. Just not in the top 25 yet. They are 28th & 30th.

http://warrennolan.com/basketball/2020/polls

No movement in the NET for us. Still 6th. SEC teams are creeping up though. 4 schools have now cracked the top 30: AU, LSU, UK, & Arky. A 5th in the top 40: Florida. UGA & Bama are in the top 60 & can make a run at an NCAA bid if they have a good conference season.

1 hour ago, mcgufcm said:

I wish Bama all the worst as they try to push through conference play. 

They do seem to be putting it together though.....i was hoping they wouldn't and we could laugh at them as they flounder. But there is just too much talent on that team for them not start to put it together. Oats has them playing harder on defense and they are gonna be tough

6 hours ago, gravejd said:

They do seem to be putting it together though.....i was hoping they wouldn't and we could laugh at them as they flounder. But there is just too much talent on that team for them not start to put it together. Oats has them playing harder on defense and they are gonna be tough

They have the talent and they also have a coach who understands the college game. Not looking forward to this one.

Up to #4 baby 

While I know the teams this week aren’t ranked, I would think it would be looked at favorably if we win both. 

41 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

While I know the teams this week aren’t ranked, I would think it would be looked at favorably if we win both. 

Not going to move up any further unless everyone else keeps losing games and/or we beat UK. 

19 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

Bama is no joke.  They pushed KY to the end.  We are going to have a challenge to go to Turdville and leave with a win.

JMO

They are not a joke. Playing pretty well at the moment, can score better than UA teams of the past.

We can’t win on the road in the sec with 5 seniors and okoro.  We gotta have solid play and minutes from the newbies.  As A Edwards showed ... the sec road can be tough.

lets get those W’s!

I think we could pass Duke if we started BLOWING out some of these teams. The SEC is probably better than the ACC in its current state. However, I don't think we're likely to blow out many teams with the way our 3 ball has looked.

4 hours ago, AUBwins said:

It will but we only move up if 1, 2, or 3 lose.

On 1/13/2020 at 4:51 PM, ellitor said:

It will but we only move up if 1, 2, or 3 lose.

Well ... Duke lost.  Just gotta take care of business and steal a win out of Tuscaloosa. 

1 hour ago, AUBwins said:

Well ... Duke lost.  Just gotta take care of business and steal a win out of Tuscaloosa. 

And Florida… We have them Saturday before the new polls come out.

I got us dropping to about 20 based on what little discussion people have even had about us after the past two games. Auburn, as many of us know, didnt garner much respect during the winning streak until the last 2 weeks, and its alot easier to lose that respect when you get crushed in the two hardest matchups of ur schedule thus far

and this is just me talking for the folks who care about the poll, this obv looks even worse to the tourney committee 

Yeah, I'd figure we'd be around 15. This can only encourage the team to begin climbing back up. If we can go 2-0 this week, we could maybe jump near or into the top-10.

Archived