I'm done.

TitanTiger

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, AubWes33 said:

Who are these people? Any real connections? 

Nothing other than people that have graduated from AU, people that know sec refs, and are successful people in their own right. Definitely not a sure fire reputable source, but this is the most I’ve ever heard for Gus to be gone 

1 hour ago, TitanTiger said:

Fire him tonight.  Make Steele interim.  Go get Cristobal or Bob Stoops for next year.  Tired of seeing inept offense from a guy hired to field dynamic offenses.  Whether it's a failure of recruiting, evaluation, play calling, game planning or some of all of it, it's just not working and it's not going to get better.

This AU will be better off to get rid him now and go get a good coach that will probably save the recruiting class. The first thing a new coach needs to do is start looking for a transfer QB and sign a good freshman QB . Bo just doesn’t have it. Good QBs make those easy throws to wide open receivers in a clutch .  I’ve seen Bo miss fire to much in crunch time. Those were just pitiful throws that a junior In highschool should make. 

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

Nothing other than people that have graduated from AU, people that know sec refs, and are successful people in their own right. Definitely not a sure fire reputable source, but this is the most I’ve ever heard for Gus to be gone 

I'll take anything at this point. I have to have some hope this year for Auburn football and it definitely ain't coming from the field. Hope he's fired tonight so we can all celebrate and roll Toomer's ;)

11 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

OL recruiting has sucked for several years.

Defensive recruiting has boosted AU in ratings and really covered for some glaring holes on the offensive of the ball.

1 minute ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

This AU will be better off to get rid him now and go get a good coach that will probably save the recruiting class. The first thing a new coach needs to do is start looking for a transfer QB and sign a good freshman QB . Bo just doesn’t have it. Good QBs make those easy throws to wide open receivers in a clutch .  I’ve seen Bo miss fire to much in crunch time. Those were just pitiful throws that a junior In highschool should make. 

Way too early to be bailing on a freshman QB.

Just now, AUwent said:

@TitanTiger: Do you have any idea of what his status is after tonight?

He probably avoided getting canned this weekend after that comeback.  But I think he's probably a dead man walking.

1 minute ago, tgrogan21 said:

I'll take anything at this point. I have to have some hope this year for Auburn football and it definitely ain't coming from the field. Hope he's fired tonight so we can all celebrate and roll Toomer's ;)

I’d drive up there now if that was the case

Just now, TitanTiger said:

He probably avoided getting canned this weekend after that comeback.  But I think he's probably a dead man walking.

As in, he'll get canned after the IB instead of this weekend? Because I don't think he was ever going to get canned before 12/2.

I do have to wonder if Kirby was trying to give up those two TDs...

4 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

Our dumb asses would pay Gus the big buyout. Bring in Rhett Lashlee!!!

Did you happen to see what Rhett  did with SMU this year. You know the team that hasn't won since they got the death penalty and they are InThe top 25. We don’t have to take Rhett but he would be an improvement over Gus. 

Just now, AUwent said:

As in, he'll get canned after the IB instead of this weekend? Because I don't think he was ever going to get canned before 12/2.

What does winning Samford and losing to UA mean for anything? Can his ass now. He’s lost every big game this year

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

What does winning Samford and losing to UA mean for anything? Can his ass now. He’s lost every big game this year

The buyout dropping maybe?

59 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

Don't think it's recruiting. That's the one thing I think Gus is good at. It's his use of personnel and in game coaching where he absolutely sucks

Offensive Line recruiting has been bad for a couple years and we are reaping it. It’s only going to get worse. 

7 minutes ago, doug3020 said:

100% agree. He needs to leave. 
2-6 vs UGA

2-5 vs LSU

currently 2-4 vs turds.  

I'm all for getting a new coach and have been since the end of last season. Even though those numbers aren't good, who's got a better resume in the SEC? 

On another note, AU deserved to lose the game. Whether it be inept play calling or inept execution, they deserved to lose. At the same time, does anyone else think there was something fishy in the game? I will state when the refs make bad calls but won't say a team loses because of bad calls (most of the time). Are we really going to sit here and pretend that there was conclusive evidence to overturn the SW catch? What about the no call on the obvious facemask that happened on Bo? Most importantly, what the hell was the ref yelling at Gus and another assistant saying something that sounded like, "They can't keep playing that s***ty ball!!!"?

6 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

A lot of people tho I’m hearing saying he doesn’t survive. We only scored Bc uga was playing basically a prevent defense. Of course when we had to play when it mattered, uga shut us down easily 

ANYbody with ANY basic football knowledge will understand this. 

ANYbody with ANY basic football knowledge and DEEP pockets will understand this and make things happen. 

10 minutes ago, Strychnine said:

Sadly, I think he throws the kitchen sink into beating a Tua-less Alabama, and that magically parlays into yet another year.

I really, really, really, really, really hope I am wrong.

Might beat Bama, but he doesn't throw in the kitchen sink. Kitchen sink transferred last week

4 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Way too early to be bailing on a freshman QB.

I understand he is a freshman but a lot of freshman play now. What is bad is when you miss a wide open receiver under no pressure with the game on the line twice in the final few minutes. No I just don’t think Bo has the mental toughness to play at this level. 

4 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Did you happen to see what Rhett  did with SMU this year. You know the team that hasn't won since they got the death penalty and they are InThe top 25. We don’t have to take Rhett but he would be an improvement over Gus. 

Not true. No one in the GM tree please. 

Archived