I'm done.

TitanTiger

Gus is also responsible for the OL that will be in complete disarray next season, and the lack of backup QB's with any experience.   So odd that some folks want to defend Gus at every turn, no matter what.  We all gave the dude some credit for how the team was prepared, how they all laid it on the line and never quit.  However, without that D scoring 14 pts or without 3 WR's making pretty amazing catches on one drive in the second half, he isn't in that position.  The offense doesn't quite know what it wants to be, and that begins and ends with Gus. 

Let's see how the bowl game shakes out. I'd love to take down Harbaugh and Meechigan to finish out the season. 

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, AU-24 said:

Watch all the issues that brought you to this position get solved with next year’s schedule. Take it one step further, if our athletic department could get us a bye week or a cupcake in between A&M and Georgia instead of back to back weeks plus a cupcake or bye between LSU and the turds instead of back to back weeks, the issues would be solved even greater.

This is an SEC thing, not the athletic department.  Especially with respect to LSU/Bama to end the season.  TV partners want more drama at the end of the year for conference races and better matchups in November than AU vs Samford, Bama vs Western Carolina, etc.  The four teams of consequence in the SEC West have to all play some combination of each other in the final two weeks next year and likely moving forward.  As a fan of football and keeping intrigue late into the season, I freaking love it.  There's a very real chance LSU, AU, and Bama all enter that final two weeks at 9-1 or better based on the schedules.  Can you imagine how fun that becomes?

Also, we had a bye before UGA this year.  Still lost.  The bye/cupcake argument just doesn't work that way.

LSU at home followed by Bama on the road > Playing UGA and Bama both on the road to end the year. I don't know why some people struggle with this concept and get stuck on "BUT WE REPLACED UGA WITH LSU".

We get a big time game at the end of the year at home to host recruits. We were missing that in even years recently. And it's a big deal.

When you look at Saturday's game as a singular event, it was spectacular; however, if you look at the context of the game and where our program stands, Saturday's victory does little to address some of the glaring concerns many of us have with the program. Consider this: Since Saban has been at Alabama, every Iron Bowl victory we've had has been followed by a lackluster season the follow-on year (2008: 5-7; 2011: 8-5; 2014: 8-5; 2018: 8-5). While that hardly makes next year's outcome definite, given the issues we're facing, it wouldn't be at all surprising if things next year quickly take away much of the joy we currently feel surrounding this victory. Ultimately, this victory may mean very little for our program in the long run.

I am not trying to be a negative Nancy, but I'm also not going to put my blinders on to what could potentially occur. I'm hoping for the best, but prepared for the worst. War Eagle!

16 hours ago, tigerfangs said:

You like the offense, and I think they stutter more than they march. 

Agree to disagree. WDE

Sometimes, you are correct.

The point I was making is: when you play just one or two ranked teams all year or in the case of Clemson, zero ranked teams, and even those ranked are not ranked in the top 10, your offense is going to look pretty good. (Sorry I wrote ranked so much)

That’s all I’m saying. WDE

15 hours ago, AUBourne said:

Auburn is not moving to another conference. So having a coach that can consistently field a competent offense against teams with similar talent levels is important.  

Then we need to keep the similar talent level to A&M, LSU, Thuga, and the turds, and not another top 10 or national championship team out of conference.

We also need to do our best to get a cupcake or a bye week in front of those teams like every other ranked team in the nation does and not play them in back to back weeks.

It would help, if we had a practice only facility and stadium upgrades like these other teams we are recruiting against. Look at the top six or top eight schools in the country as far as nicest facilities.  Often times, those will be your top six or top eight ranked teams.

Why? Recruiting! Auburn often finishes in the top 10 or top 12 in recruiting, and look where we are: sure enough, right there at number 11 in the coaches poll.

WDE

15 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

This is an SEC thing, not the athletic department.  Especially with respect to LSU/Bama to end the season.  TV partners want more drama at the end of the year for conference races and better matchups in November than AU vs Samford, Bama vs Western Carolina, etc.  The four teams of consequence in the SEC West have to all play some combination of each other in the final two weeks next year and likely moving forward.  As a fan of football and keeping intrigue late into the season, I freaking love it.  There's a very real chance LSU, AU, and Bama all enter that final two weeks at 9-1 or better based on the schedules.  Can you imagine how fun that becomes?

Also, we had a bye before UGA this year.  Still lost.  The bye/cupcake argument just doesn't work that way.

We need to fight for it, like everyone else.

That is all I’m saying. Alabama played two ranked teams this year LSU, they had two weeks to prepare for with the bye week at home and still lost. They had a cupcake before us, as we did, and they lost to us. Next season where is our bye week, before the mighty Mississippi State Bulldogs.

We fight to have Thuga moved to earlier in the season. So what does the SEC do? We play A&M and Thuga in back to back weeks. Then we end the season with LSU and the turds in back to back weeks.

We just need to keep fighting!

4 hours ago, caleb1633 said:

When you look at Saturday's game as a singular event, it was spectacular; however, if you look at the context of the game and where our program stands, Saturday's victory does little to address some of the glaring concerns many of us have with the program. Consider this: Since Saban has been at Alabama, every Iron Bowl victory we've had has been followed by a lackluster season the follow-on year (2008: 5-7; 2011: 8-5; 2014: 8-5; 2018: 8-5). While that hardly makes next year's outcome definite, given the issues we're facing, it wouldn't be at all surprising if things next year quickly take away much of the joy we currently feel surrounding this victory. Ultimately, this victory may mean very little for our program in the long run.

I am not trying to be a negative Nancy, but I'm also not going to put my blinders on to what could potentially occur. I'm hoping for the best, but prepared for the worst. War Eagle!

I'm right there with ya. Heard Dye say today we need to get behind Gus and now is the best time to do it. We've tried that before,  it didn't work out. As long as his decisions or lack of offensive development cost games the base will remain split. We'll always back the team, but reluctance to put faith in the leadership. I'm elated about the Iron Bowl win and liked the agression we put forth. It's something to build on but we've been here before and had the rug pulled from under us. IMO it's up to Gus if he wants to evolve and pull the base closer to him, not the other way around. 

"Show me the money." Check.

"Show me the RESULTS of the money."

Work in progress, no doubt about it.

And. That. Is. Why. The. Saga. Continues. 

:wareagle:

Archived