PTB Update

Butthead

On 1/9/2020 at 10:27 AM, DAG said:

I agree with this, which is why we are at a rock and a hard place right now. Also, I don't think anyone is asking for our team to overwhelm or dominate those rivals. We need to get to a point of being competitive with ALL OF THEM. If we can be competitive with Bama there is no reason why we should be getting blasted by UGA.

Yep. I believe we have the talent to be competitive (with the exception of OL) but it is hard to use all that talent when they are standing on the sideline.. point being.. it is not that we don’t have the talent to compete, we don’t have the coaching to compete. Unless this offense gets a big overhaul and we hire a top OL coach, I will expect the same results. 

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/8/2020 at 1:46 PM, AUBourne said:

Was just thinking about the facilities. There should be a 5 year, 10 and 20 year blueprint. 

I've been preaching this for nearly 20 years.

I’d imagine a committee like that would be put together by the AD.  Allen Greene seems to have some grasp on things by trying to cut bloated budgets.  That being said I know all these schools are building these ridiculous athletic facilities with recording studios, sleeping pods etc.  I hope whatever Auburn builds is practical and won’t have to be replaced in 10 years.  Obviously Auburn hasn’t been hurt too much by its current facilities in recruiting.  Just because you can doesn’t mean you should (as far as stupid stuff)

16 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

Which part is Auburn not doing? Read this post earlier.....still trying to figure out what we do with a bunch of " civil engineers".

Just now, SaltyTiger said:

Which part is Auburn not doing? Read this post earlier.....still trying to figure out what we do with a bunch of " civil engineers".

A cohesive master plan for facility improvements over the short, medium, and long term.

48 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

Maybe there is a plan for the athletic facilities that are embedded in the larger plan currently being implemented on physical structures on campus. 

2 minutes ago, creed said:

Maybe there is a plan for the athletic facilities that are embedded in the larger plan currently being implemented on physical structures on campus. 

History and the lack of cohesive action dictates otherwise.

6 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

History and the lack of cohesive action dictates otherwise.

Is that an opinion or do you have specifics that you can share?

Just now, creed said:

Is that an opinion or you have specifics that you can share?

I'm simply an observer.  Most schools with well thought out master plans share them with the public as a way to drive fund raising.  

Well I remember the one billion dollar drive about 5 years ago that was too help replace and add educational buildings on campus and if you've been to campus lately one can see the progress. I assume athletic facilities will be in the upgrade loop soon. Is that the type of plan you're referring to because an alumni letter went out concerning the fund drive.

Did you get the letter?

46 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

A cohesive master plan for facility improvements over the short, medium, and long term.

Campus wide master plan has been in place for years. Do not understand what you mean by "cohesive" and you hit all the ranges. Athletics has people that do an excellent job of meeting needs. Thinking you feel that we need more commitment to join the athletic football  facilities "arms race". We will get the upgrades but nothing to despair about as we are now. 

8 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Campus wide master plan has been in place for years. Do not understand what you mean by "cohesive" and you hit all the ranges. Athletics has people that do an excellent job of meeting needs. Thinking you feel that we need more commitment to join the athletic football  facilities "arms race". We will get the upgrades but nothing to despair about as we are now. 

Image result for iraqi information minister gif

45 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

I'm simply an observer.  Most schools with well thought out master plans share them with the public as a way to drive fund raising.  

You say you're simply an observer but can you provide some detail at what you're looking at to develop your opinion?

Just now, creed said:

You say you're simply an observer but can you provide some detail at what you're looking at to develop your opinion?

Something similar to this would be great:

https://www.virginiasportsmp.com/

19 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

Something similar to this would be great:

https://www.virginiasportsmp.com/

Auburn has master plans in place you just need to "casually observe" and not complain there isn't a plan. The big plan is out there for viewing in the public domain. Try searching for the 2013 master plan which was funded by the 1 billion dollar campaign. 

Are you an alumni of Auburn? You should already know about capital improvements going on at Auburn.

6 minutes ago, creed said:

Auburn has master plans in place you just need to "casually observe" and not complain there isn't a plan. The big plan is out there for viewing in the public domain. Try searching for the 2013 master plan which was funded by the 1 billion dollar campaign. 

Are you an alumni of Auburn? You should already know about capital improvements going on at Auburn.

I'm not speaking to the academic and administration improvements.  I am strictly speaking about a master plan for the athletics department.  I thought I'd made that clear earlier.  

12 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

I'm not speaking to the academic and administration improvements.  I am strictly speaking about a master plan for the athletics department.  I thought I'd made that clear earlier.  

I was expecting this reply. All you need to do is look. Just like how you searched for the example from Virginia. Let me guess your next complaint...ummm. Auburn's athletic  master plan is not in a pretty PowerPoint and separated out like Virginia's. 

7 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

The athletic department is a self funding organization with requirements outside the scope of normal educational requirements. I don't think you will find any athletic upgrade plans covered by Auburn University's facility management. Last year when AU decided they had a need for a football only facility they had to put together a new committee to manage the project.

Auburn is behind most upper tier football programs in what it can offer in quality of life to student athletes. Can't claim to be doing an excellent job in managing funds and facility planning when every program you want to compete with is doing better.  Auburn's athletic department is consistently in the top 10 of revenue ($140M) per year. But last year they had to put together a new committee to start exploring the idea of a football facility.  Most other schools they compete with have already completed theirs. Where is Auburn athletics putting all that money?

I'm saying that there should be a full time organization under the athletic department that already knows every requirement, and every approval step from cradle to grave. Often these people should be identify the requirements before the customer even knows they have it. And they should have been working on the approval and then the funding years ago. They should have already went to AU Facilities Management and secured the space. The fact that a new committee had to be formed speaks to the fact there is no actual cohesive planing taking place.

Actually just looked. There is a softball complex project listed under the AU facility management page. Not sure at what point they took over the project or if they just manage the QA on contract with the builder.

8 hours ago, AUBourne said:

Actually just looked. There is a softball complex project listed under the AU facility management page. Not sure at what point they took over the project or if they just manage the QA on contract with the builder.

My career was commercial construction and did several projects for athletics. Athletics has preferred outsources for design and engineering. Facilities Management has always worked with a liaison from athletics, also handles the bid process and QA on the projects. 

Understand that athletics is self funded and, to a degree,  viewed as separate entity from a University standpoint. 

14 hours ago, NoALtiger said:

Wait...Gus is still our coach?? I thought Bob Stoops was here. Man I gotta keep up better. :) 

That bit of insider info proved to be outside the lines. I believe it was more wishful thinking than actual information.

13 hours ago, AUBourne said:

The athletic department is a self funding organization with requirements outside the scope of normal educational requirements. I don't think you will find any athletic upgrade plans covered by Auburn University's facility management. Last year when AU decided they had a need for a football only facility they had to put together a new committee to manage the project.

Auburn is behind most upper tier football programs in what it can offer in quality of life to student athletes. Can't claim to be doing an excellent job in managing funds and facility planning when every program you want to compete with is doing better.  Auburn's athletic department is consistently in the top 10 of revenue ($140M) per year. But last year they had to put together a new committee to start exploring the idea of a football facility.  Most other schools they compete with have already completed theirs. Where is Auburn athletics putting all that money?

I'm saying that there should be a full time organization under the athletic department that already knows every requirement, and every approval step from cradle to grave. Often these people should be identify the requirements before the customer even knows they have it. And they should have been working on the approval and then the funding years ago. They should have already went to AU Facilities Management and secured the space. The fact that a new committee had to be formed speaks to the fact there is no actual cohesive planing taking place.

Can you give an example what other schools are offering in quality of life for athletes that Auburn doesn't offer?

9 minutes ago, creed said:

Can you give an example what other schools are offering in quality of life for athletes that Auburn doesn't offer?

Seriously? 50+ million football only facilities...

3 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Seriously? 50+ million football only facilities...

A building is all you got, come on. A place where limits are enforced to around 20 hours per week.

Archived