No More “War” Eagle

Zeek

Since he doesn't like the word war in War Eagle why is he teaching at Auburn? Has he been under a rock for all these years? Surely he had heard Auburn's battle cry at games or as people would say in passing. Someone needs to remind him that he's at Auburn and give him a BIG War Eagle.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He could have said nothing and blended in with the scenery. He said it for a reaction. I didn't always agreed with a previous employer but I kept my mouth shut because I didn't want to alienate others and I needed a job. His original statement wasn't all that bad. After that he could have stopped. He wanted the attention so he kept on. I've already given him more attention than he deserves so I'm going to quit posting on it, not that that matters. 

9 minutes ago, gr82be said:

After that he could have stopped. He wanted the attention so he kept on.

The subsequent tweets were just responses to things that were said to or asked of him. The first one was an explanation of his position. The second one was the compromise he made to show that he is pro-Auburn (employer) and that his stance isn't anti-Auburn (which it obviously isn't in any way). And, as it's been explained, the third was retaliatory towards hate speech that was directed at him. Not sure how any of that is seeking further attention. It's called a conversation. 

1 hour ago, AUGunsmith said:

Tbh, I'd take his class just to **** with him. Every assignment would be filled with anti-abolitionist, pro war, pro prison propaganda

i think his thoughts on war are dumb but he has that right. but for some of you not liking it and then wanting to troll him in class is not a good look. we should all be better. he probably does not understand the football culture down south. but to judge a man on a tweet is pretty bad since he has not hurt anyone............why not be the better man?

Halfway serious question - why did we hire him?  

I know universities are run by leftists, but man why can't we hire someone who doesn't have to make a political stand about EVERYTHING?

Why can't Auburn just remain 'Auburn' with the values from our creed?  Employees should have to sign a contract that states they will promote our values.  This commitment should be explored during the interview.  If we have to pass on hiring some guy, that's ok - there is not a shortage of people wanting to teach at Auburn.

This reminds me whole-heartedly of the jack wagon that wanted to transition Ole Miss from the rebs to the black bears.   And Leath fell into 'that camp' also.   We know where that has gotten us.

4 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Is this what a cricket match is like? 

More like soccer...

😁🤐

LMAO,   Does he think there are no gay people in the south?   

No one gives a s*** if you wear heals.  No one cares if you are gay.       

You don't get hired at any company and start off trying to change a beloved tradition you know nothing about.  People care about that!

Why would you want to work for an institution that's biggest tradition uses a word that goes against your obtuse morals.   

I'll  continue to say war eagle and he can choose not to. If that's his belief then thats his belief. Why do we get so caught up on how others percieve things like this. Each to their own

5 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i think his thoughts on war are dumb but he has that right. but for some of you not liking it and then wanting to troll him in class is not a good look. we should all be better. he probably does not understand the football culture down south. but to judge a man on a tweet is pretty bad since he has not hurt anyone............why not be the better man?

Sure, he can be a soyboi all he wants, doesnt stop others from blasting his weak and s***ty stances. 

5 minutes ago, AUGunsmith said:

Sure, he can be a soyboi all he wants, doesnt stop others from blasting his weak and s***ty stances. 

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f299fde4e1b78eb93eb1e

This was pretty funny. Does any AU fan call themselves a "War Eagle"?  We're Tigers. Auburn Tigers. War Eagle is a battle cry, a greeting and an expression of joy after a big win, as in "War Damn Eagle!" It isn't what we are. LOL's!

On edit...

I should have read the thread before replying. I was Ninja'd by Mikey early on.  War Eagle, Mikey!

1 hour ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

LMAO,   Does he think there are no gay people in the south?   

No one gives a s*** if you wear heals.  No one cares if you are gay.       

You don't get hired at any company and start off trying to change a beloved tradition you know nothing about.  People care about that!

Why would you want to work for an institution that's biggest tradition uses a word that goes against your obtuse morals.   

Except, as has already been explained, the dude responded to a bunch of very homophobic comments. 

He isn't trying to change the tradition. He just isn't participating.

He wants to work for Auburn because he cares about more than just sports.

Is every fanbase as thin skinned as ours? 

17 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

This guy is just simply a clueless attention seeker.  Who cares?

You responded with an opinion on the guy, soooo

28 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Except, as has already been explained, the dude responded to a bunch of very homophobic comments. 

Of course that will happen when you make an outrageous statement and bait the simple minded into attacking. .     It would happen anywhere.  Not just over homophobia, but any extreme view of any topic.   When you start your career doing  this on purpose, esp. the topics he chose, makes him look like the kind of guy that will eventually  bring a lawsuit against the entity for being harassed. 

edit:  it is silly,  but post  on twitter feed or random forum on the net. with no other explanation   something like...    "cantaloupe is the best fruit.  There is no better fruit. All other fruits are for jerks.    Any of you MFers that think otherwise are going to lose you s*** when I start making Cantaloupe youtube videos. ". see what kind of response you get. ,

15 hours ago, Mike4AU said:

Just another look at me guy starved for attention.  I could not care less what he says.

I care what he says as he represents OUR university. Can his butt now 

20 minutes ago, Tigger1985 said:

I care what he says as he represents OUR university. Can his butt now 

His opinion may be poorly informed and ridiculous -- someone needs to tell the guy that AU is not the "War Eagles" -- but hardly a firing offense.

7 hours ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

it is silly,  but post  on twitter feed or random forum on the net. with no other explanation   something like...    "cantaloupe is the best fruit.  There is no better fruit. All other fruits are for jerks.    Any of you MFers that think otherwise are going to lose you s*** when I start making Cantaloupe youtube videos. ". see what kind of response you get. ,

Why would I do that? That is not analogous to the nature of his tweets. He said he wouldn't say war eagle. Then he explained why. Then he said what he would do instead. Then, after a bunch of people responded to him with hate language, he addressed those people in kind with harsh language.

You are suggesting something very different. 

This is actually a good exercise and propaganda in misinformation. His comments presented without context don't remotely tell the whole story. Yet, Auburn fans predictably act the fool. 

9 hours ago, Barnacle said:

What's a soy boy?

i am thinking vegan since soy is used for fake burgers? lol just taking a wild guess.

9 hours ago, Barnacle said:

What's a soy boy?

If I'm not mistaken, soy is considered by some to be emblematic of progressive thought. 

11 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

If I'm not mistaken, soy is considered by some to be emblematic of progressive thought. 

I use the term quite often when I get new (and very soft and scrawny) wrestlers. They seem to have no muscle on their bodies and a surprisingly high percentage of them weren’t allowed to drink whole milk growing up. This typically comes from overprotective coddling parents who read that everything is bad for you and therefor only purchase soy-milk. Remember the kids who couldn’t have any food dyes when that was the big thing?

Hell, now it should probably be gluten-guys but that doesn’t rhyme as well and has a little more merit for the few with actual issues.

As we all know, growing up a little earlier, milk was heavily advertised by athletes and encouraged to help you grow big and strong.

So if they’re built like a stick figure and cry every time  they’re met with some contact I refer to them as soy-boys.

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

I use the term quite often when I get new (and very soft and scrawny) wrestlers. They seem to have no muscle on their bodies and a surprisingly high percentage of them weren’t allowed to drink whole milk growing up. This typically comes from overprotective coddling parents who read that everything is bad for you and therefor only purchase soy-milk. Remember the kids who couldn’t have any food dyes when that was the big thing?

Hell, now it should probably be gluten-guys but that doesn’t rhyme as well and has a little more merit for the few with actual issues.

As we all know, growing up a little earlier, milk was heavily advertised by athletes and encouraged to help you grow big and strong.

So if they’re built like a stick figure and cry every time  they’re met with some contact I refer to them as soy-boys.

Well there ya go. Learn something new every day. 

Archived