Jamie Newman (QB - UGA) Opting Out...

BigBlueWDE

Certainly can understand his decision. Hope we don't continue our knack of making backup QBs look like John Elway in the Georgia game. 

I'd much prefer to beat every team at their absolute best but I don't know that that will be the case in this weird season. 

15 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Certainly can understand his decision. Hope we don't continue our knack of making backup QBs look like John Elway in the Georgia game. 

I'd much prefer to beat every team at their absolute best but I don't know that that will be the case in this weird season. 

Well, to be fair, their backup (JT Daniels) was the starter at USC so it's not like one of those things where he'd come from nowhere leaving us scratching our heads. He's no slouch...I think he was one of the top ranked qbs that class. 

1 hour ago, Maverick.AU said:

Looking at the UGA board, this seems to be what everyone is thinking 

That's what they're all trying to delude themselves with. It's the whole, "we didn't want him anyway" type thing we see in recruiting

17 minutes ago, bigbird said:

That's what they're all trying to delude themselves with. It's the whole, "we didn't want him anyway" type thing we see in recruiting

Well my vibe was that actual people in the know had been saying that JT was performing better, etc. However it wouldn’t be the first time I’ve interpreted something the wrong way 😂

6 hours ago, Auskip said:

You may be right cousin.

Not from what the people who cover UGA said last week and on Monday of this week.  Bird is right. The person that covers Georgia from 247 even this Monday (4 days ago) talked on the local station about how Jamie was dominating practice at Georgia and how this might be the best offense they would have In years because of his dynamic play making ability. He said he was a true difference maker and very accurate. 
The backup may be great, and of course he will Probably torch AU like every other Uga QB of the last 15 years, but Jaime was “the man”. This is a big, big loss. 
Heck I remember AU people saying that the back up to Cam Newton was better... before the 2010 season. Ha!

I am going with the theory that while in the ACC last year he has been able to get a higher draft projection and playing week in week out against harder competition in the SEC could drop his draft projections. That's right, I said it, he is scared of the competition.

I lived in Atlanta for almost 20 years and the one thing I know about UGA is that the talking heads never have any idea what they are talking about.  Every year will be a national championship, they will win the Heisman and have the top 4 runners up, etc etc.  They are ridiculous.

They should just say that all they know is they'll beat Auburn this year and they'll be right 80% of the time.  😥

41 minutes ago, The Freak said:

I lived in Atlanta for almost 20 years and the one thing I know about UGA is that the talking heads never have any idea what they are talking about.  Every year will be a national championship, they will win the Heisman and have the top 4 runners up, etc etc.  They are ridiculous.

They should just say that all they know is they'll beat Auburn this year and they'll be right 80% of the time.  😥

Would've clicked "like" or even "love" if that last sentence wasn't even more true than the ones before it. 

Lawdy, the homer media in ATL. Lawdy, the number of times they shouldn't have beaten us in the last 10 years but did. 

22 hours ago, bigbird said:

Did catch this earlier

I'm also hearing however that 1) Jamie Newman was getting QB1 reps and 2) JT Daniels hasn't been cleared for contact.

Something tells me Georgia might be a little more hurt by this than people think. I won't shed any tears...

Not sure it matters who UGA trots out there at QB. A one-legged blind septuagenarian with Alzheimers and ALS. They seem to have our number. I'm hoping to be proved wrong this year. WDE!

Archived