2022 4* OG/C Dayne Shor

ellitor

I have been saying this a long while.  Auburn needs to try and lock down Alpharetta/Johns Creek.  A lot of NFL players live here and retire here.  Getting onto these kids early will pay dividends.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

I'm excited. 4* legacies are must gets so long as the coaches like their evaluation. 

• Like 1

Just now, Zeek said:

I'm excited. 4* legacies are must gets so long as the coaches like their evaluation. 

Indeed 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

So is this kid at IMG or HS in GA?

@LKEEL75 From Ga. Went to IMG last year but didn't play due to a season long knee injury. Not sure where he will be for his Sr year.

• Like 1

Class of 2022 4-star OT: Auburn OL coach 'a great recruiter'

Jeffrey Lee • AuburnSports
Senior Editor

Auburn coach Bryan Harsin needed to hire an offensive line coach who could recruit offensive linemen, elite offensive linemen.

Dayne Shor, one of the top tackles in the 2022 class, believes Harsin did just that on Thursday when he hired Will Friend.

“When I found out that Coach Friend got hired at Auburn, that really excited me,” Shor said. “That’s awesome. Coach Friend recruited me hard when he was at Tennessee. He’s a great guy, a very personable guy and he definitely knows his stuff.”

xdau5uyzdq0bkx1ljprh

Shor believes Friend is an instant asset for Auburn, especially when it comes to recruiting offensive linemen.

“He’s a great recruiter,” Shor said. “He was great at Tennessee. He brought in Wanya Morris from Grayson (Ga.). I also have some friends that really like him, like Addison Nichols. Addison was really drawn to Tennessee because of Coach Friend.”

Nichols, a Rivals250 tackle from Norcross, Ga., and Shor are close friends. They’ve talked about their futures and the possibility of playing together in college.

“Me and Addison have had really good conversations about Coach Friend,” Shor said. “I’m actually going over to Addison’s house this weekend. We are really tight. We both visited Auburn back in February 2020 and I may have to get him to go back to Auburn with me. I plan on going back there soon.”

Shor already was high on Auburn. Does the addition of Friend strengthen his feelings?

“Heck yeah,” Shor said. “That’s definitely a big positive for me. It definitely strengthens my feelings for Auburn, for sure.”

Shor stopped short of naming Auburn his leader, but said he will continue to look hard at the Tigers.

“It’s hard to say I have any top schools, but I know Auburn is definitely up there for me,” Shor said. “I grew up an Auburn fan. I love Auburn. It’s also good for me to have Coach Friend there. And I know I could play early at Auburn. They need offensive tackles. I know I could make an impact. Because of all of this, I’m really drawn to Auburn.”

Rivals ranks Shor, who is 6-foot-7 and 295 pounds, the No. 17 offensive tackle in the 2022 class and No. 128 in the 2022 class. Nichols is ranked the No. 16 offensive tackle and No. 123 overall.

These are the kind of kids we need and soon!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigBlueWDE said:

A Crystal Ball from KN for a 4* OT?!?  Is this a typo?

Yes, it meant to say grad transfer.

• Haha 1

Get this Kid Nichols and possibly Wanya Morris in the Portal and maybe Bobo's son. 

46 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Get this Kid Nichols and possibly Wanya Morris in the Portal and maybe Bobo's son. 

@AuburnNTexasall signs point to Morris to Oklahoma FWIW.

• Dislike 1

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

@AuburnNTexasall signs point to Morris to Oklahoma FWIW.

E - do you know what the pull is for him to Oklahoma? I would have thought this was a slam dunk with Pappoe, Auburn finishing 2nd in his recruitment, and now Friend being on staff.

52 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

E - do you know what the pull is for him to Oklahoma? I would have thought this was a slam dunk with Pappoe, Auburn finishing 2nd in his recruitment, and now Friend being on staff.

@CameronCrazyknow no. But did see rumblings of not being a fit at AU due to off field concerns.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ellitor said:

@CameronCrazyknow no. But did see rumblings of not being a fit at AU due to off field concerns.

That sucks - getting a former 5* LT and 2-year SEC starter that was eligible immediately would have been huge for our OL to start of the aharsin era.

2 4* OL projected to AU within a couple of days of hiring our new OL coach.   It looks like we Shor made a Quick Friend!

Sorry, I know it was cheesy, but I had to do it.  🤦‍♂️

Edited by AUpreacherman22

1 hour ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

2 4* OL projected to AU within a couple of days of hiring our new OL coach.   It looks like we Shor made a Quick Friend!

Sorry, I know it was cheesy, but I had to do it.  🤦‍♂️

100% love it!  On both levels.

I see he is from Denmark.   Harsin said he was going national with his recruiting.   I wonder if he knew he was going to attract European kids?   You know Iceland has some big kids.  This bigger recruiting footprint is already paying off.

xdau5uyzdq0bkx1ljprh

Edited by Beaker
  • Like 1