2021 Recruiting Board (Finished 5/19/21)

Zeek

1 hour ago, AUinfusion said:

What ever happened between AU and LJ Johnson? I always liked the way he ran. It's a nice combo of smooth gait and violent refusal to be tackled.

@AUinfusion just could never get any real traction against Texas and Texas A&M.

• Like 2

https://247sports.com/college/auburn/Article/Auburn-Tigers-Recruiting-Insider-Target-Watch-Bryan-Harsin-college-football-recruiting-159899232/

Per Keith

Trending up with: Jarquez Hunter (3* RB), Juwan Gaston (3* S), Dontae Balfour (3* CB), and JuCo CB Jadarrius Perkins.

Trending down with: Byron Cardwell (4* RB) not that we're doing poorly but Oregon seems to be the pick, and 2022 5* RB Emmanuel Henderson we now don't feel optimistic about with Bama leading.

3 hours ago, Zeek said:

https://247sports.com/college/auburn/Article/Auburn-Tigers-Recruiting-Insider-Target-Watch-Bryan-Harsin-college-football-recruiting-159899232/

Per Keith

Trending up with: Jarquez Hunter (3* RB), Juwan Gaston (3* S), Dontae Balfour (3* CB), and JuCo CB Jadarrius Perkins.

Trending down with: Byron Cardwell (4* RB) not that we're doing poorly but Oregon seems to be the pick, and 2022 5* RB Emmanuel Henderson we now don't feel optimistic about with Bama leading.

The ones we are trending up on Help at RB solidifies our DB class. 

Zeek I realize this is what you got from the Keith article but I was wondering if you have heard anything anything recently on Trevin Wallace and Coby Smith?  These two would really help the HS portion of this class as it would be one of the LB's we need and one of the OT's we need.

4 hours ago, Zeek said:

Per Keith

@Zeek really appreciate what you did here but please in the future let Keith’s VIP recruiting insider articles breathe for a day or so before summing them up like this. Out of courtesy and respect to the work Keith is putting in.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

if you have heard anything anything recently on Trevin Wallace and Coby Smith?

@AuburnNTexas not Zeek but Keith said yesterday on Wallace that he’s not liking Auburn chances right now. Letting Travis Williams go has hurt in his recruitment so far plus Apparently Kentucky is pushing hard. Nothing new on Colby Smith.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

According to Keith AU fans will be happy on February 3rd. I’ll believe it when I see it 

Hoping Harsin recruits like he hires coaches. We have no idea what is going on during the process but we are happy with the end result lol

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

According to Keith AU fans will be happy on February 3rd. I’ll believe it when I see it 

How recently did he say that? Lol

6 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

How recently did he say that? Lol

A day or 2 ago. Unless we get Wallace and Dylan Brooks I don’t see any scenario that makes AU fans happy on that day. Just OK at best

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ellitor said:

A day or 2 ago. Unless we get Wallace and Dylan Brooks I don’t see any scenario that makes AU fans happy on that day. Just OK at best

Hell I’ll be happy to get one commit at this point 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Hell I’ll be happy to get one commit at this point 

Right now at least 4 are expected.

16 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Looks like Wallace is a lock for Kentucky? 

I wouldn’t say lock but they likely lead.

JUCO LB hearing from Auburn, hoping for offer

Jeffrey Lee • AuburnSports

Senior Editor

@JLeeAURivals

Ad - Smile Direct Club

Junior college linebacker 

Joko Willis doesn’t have an offer from Auburn, but could soon.

The Tigers certainly are interested.

Willis, a 3-star recruit from Independence (Kan.) Community College, spoke Wednesday with Auburn linebackers coach Jeff Schmedding.

“Coach Schmedding called and was doing a little background on me,” Willis said. “He was checking on me and seeing how I was doing. He told me they are very interested in me.”

Willis was glad to hear it.

Willis went to high school at Troup County in nearby LaGrange, Ga. He was high school teammates with 2020 Auburn WR signee Kobe Hudson and is friends with running back Tank Bigsby and safety Smoke Monday.

Willis also is former teammates with Auburn CB signee Kamal Hadden and defensive tackle Dré Butler, both of whom went to Independence.

“I know a lot of the players,” Willis said.

He also knows the campus and community.

“I’ve been to Auburn a lot,” Willis said. “It’s a great environment. I love it. I was actually born in Auburn. A lot of my family is from Auburn. We just moved to LaGrange when I was two.”

Willis, a former Kentucky commitment, now hopes to have an opportunity to return home to finish his college career. He has offers from Arkansas, South Carolina, Mississippi State and Kansas State, but is hoping for one from Auburn.

“That would be very big for me,” Willis said. “Very big.”

Willis, who is 6-foot-3 and 216 pounds, is on pace to graduate junior college in May with three years of eligibility.

Edited by Paladin
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Well hopefully we have a good year and he changes his mind 

@AuburnTiger4Life Wallace is signing Wednesday. It won’t matter for him if we have a good year since he’s already going to be in college.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

33 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Anything on Gaston? I saw he got a crystal ball to USCe a few days ago 

Yes He is 1 of the 4 expected.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Paladin said:

Found it. 😝 

7 hours ago, Paladin said:

I think we can get if we wanted. 

• Like 1

For what it’s worth, jughead, a connected poster on the bunker thinks we might add some guys to the class who will be playing spring football at the California high school level and from the Juco ranks. He thinks some solid recruits may put good film on from their spring ball.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ellitor said:

For what it’s worth, jughead, a connected poster on the bunker thinks we might add some guys to the class who will be playing spring football at the California high school level and from the Juco ranks. He thinks some solid recruits may put good film on from their spring ball.

If true, that’s a very creative and fresh approach. 

20 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

If true, that’s a very creative and fresh approach. 

Created by Covid. These are leagues who did not have a fall season.