2021 Recruiting Board (Finished 5/19/21)

Zeek

8 hours ago, Mikey said:

DE Ian Matthews, Columbus, Ga. and DB Amarni Diamond, Mobile, both signed on 12/16/20. Should be added to your list of signees. :)

Thought they were already on there lol I give up

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

Thought they were already on there lol I give up

Don't give up! You've been doing a fine job.

• Like 8

Ditto to Mikey's remark, Zeek. You've dedicated lots of time and hard work to inform the board and I appreciate your efforts.

• Like 6

21 hours ago, Mikey said:

Don't give up! You've been doing a fine job.

Yeah. I’m hoping @Zeek’s Comment was a joke. That’s how I took it anyway.

ok some of you numbers guys.     people leaving early for the NFL draft, people entering the transfer portal, people just graduating and moving on.  not having anywhere near a full class as of now.

numbers wise, how far of a deficit are we looking at?  will we be able to make it back to a full roster this year?  

1 hour ago, lutzcammed said:

ok some of you numbers guys.     people leaving early for the NFL draft, people entering the transfer portal, people just graduating and moving on.  not having anywhere near a full class as of now.

numbers wise, how far of a deficit are we looking at?  will we be able to make it back to a full roster this year?  

I am not a numbers guy but with a lot of players being given an extra year I don't think numbers will be the issue. I think real issue is how we can improve the current recruiting class.  Get a few more HS players and then JUCO and Transfer portal. Can we address critical areas is more important then gross numbers.  Also who we lose. We are losing 3 top WR's but have depth that I think is quality depth we have talent at TE returning, So far I have not heard of any O-Line leaving but we need to pick up some quality O-Line , Will Tank, Shivers and Williams return,  we need more DB depth, may need different type of LB's if we change D. Will we bring in a transfer QB all of these things are more important than gross numbers. We need a dominant Edge Rusher. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, lutzcammed said:

@lutzcammedAsk again after Spring practice when we really no how many guys have left the program at that point. It's all still flux right now.

• Like 1

There are some new names popping up as OT recruits, one Texas  high school and one JUCO who is rated #1. They’re VIP so I’ll let @ellitor. post them when he’s ready or thinks it’s worth posting.

• Like 1

With all of these new coaches we might still salvage this class. Not gonna be one of our better ranking classes but we may find some kids that AU wasn’t onto with the old staff and a new scheme on offense and defense.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, toddc said:

With all of these new coaches we might still salvage this class. Not gonna be one of our better ranking classes but we may find some kids that AU wasn’t onto with the old staff and a new scheme on offense and defense.

Now it's not a matter of what our rank will be as more of what players can we sign now that are good enough to provide quality depth or a chance to develop into a top tier player at their position...

• Like 2

11 hours ago, toddc said:

There are some new names popping up as OT recruits, one Texas  high school and one JUCO who is rated #1. They’re VIP so I’ll let @ellitor. post them when he’s ready or thinks it’s worth posting.

@toddcI don't post on interests. I let ya'll do that if you want. I post on offers. If you want to post the names since it's VIP you can post it as some thing like names AU is interested in, their names, position, & where they are from.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, steeleagle said:

Now it's not a matter of what our rank will be as more of what players can we sign now that are good enough to provide quality depth or a chance to develop into a top tier player at their position...

@steeleagle That's always the deal regardless of ranking.

https://247sports.com/college/auburn/Article/Auburn-Tigers-Recruiting-Confidential-Bryan-Harsin--159336433/

Good read for anyone with VIP

Transfer running back from Texas is a real possibility and Tank is on-board and willing to help recruit him

A bunch of other stuff on other guys but I'll just say I like where we're heading.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

23 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Just bought a new bottle of Sweet Lucy. I normally only drink it during CFB season. I am saving it for when we get our first big time OL recruit win. It is going to be glorious. 

What is Sweet Lucy? I'm scared to google at work.

23 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

What is Sweet Lucy? I'm scared to google at work.

It's a bourbon liqueur made in my hometown of Kelso, TN. It is far and away my favorite drink. It can be hard to find, though. I was able to buy when living in Vegas so it isn't just regional. It is made by Pritchards. They are known for their rum. They operate out of an old school house in BFE Tennessee. If you ever see Sweet Lucy give it a whirl.

https://www.caskers.com/prichard-s-bourbon-liqueur-sweet-lucy/

Edited by Tigerpro2a
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

It's a bourbon liqueur made in my hometown of Kelso, TN. It is far and away my favorite drink. It can be hard to find, though. I was able to buy when living in Vegas so it isn't just regional. It is made by Pritchards. They are known for their rum. They operate out of an old school house in BFE Tennessee. If you ever see Sweet Lucy give it a whirl.

https://www.caskers.com/prichard-s-bourbon-liqueur-sweet-lucy/

I like some of Prichard’s whiskey as well

3 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Oh me I found a friend lol. What is your favorite Fredst?

Just the standard Double Barreled is just fine by me. The Sweet Lucy poured on top of a really creamy vanilla ice cream is a pretty tasty treat

8 minutes ago, fredst said:

Just the standard Double Barreled is just fine by me. The Sweet Lucy poured on top of a really creamy vanilla ice cream is a pretty tasty treat

I like Sweet Lucy on a couple rocks....Tasty. If you like it on your ice cream, you should try the Sweet Lucy Creme. I put it in my coffee.  Also they make a Sweet Lucy-fer which has a spicy cinnamon kick. Love them all. They have some new stuff in the works. Should be good. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I like Sweet Lucy on a couple rocks....Tasty. If you like it on your ice cream, you should try the Sweet Lucy Creme. I put it in my coffee.  Also they make a Sweet Lucy-fer which has a spicy cinnamon kick. Love them all. They have some new stuff in the works. Should be good. 

Maybe if we offer them Sweet Lucy we can start signing some high quality OTs🤔

• Love 1

A new name to watch is Byron Cardwell out of California. His mom is from Alabama.

https://247sports.com/Player/Byron-Cardwell-46081467/

Edited by toddc