2021 Recruiting Board (Finished 5/19/21)

Zeek

16 minutes ago, fredst said:

Has a thread but I don’t remember anyone mentioning ties to the state. Nice....

Oops! Guess I should’ve looked better 

A heads up y’all. If you see someone in the 2021 class we just offered but don’t have a thread on go ahead and start a thread on them. At this point of the cycle if we are offering that means we have serious, deep interest.

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

A heads up y’all. If you see someone in the 2021 class we just offered but don’t have a thread on go ahead and start a thread on them. At this point of the cycle if we are offering that means we have serious, deep interest.

...or desperation.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Anybody want to throw out a guess or two on who Harsin's first commitment will be?

I will go with Roc Taylor. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AUDevil said:

Anybody want to throw out a guess or two on who Harsin's first commitment will be?

Jarquez Hunter

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

I will go with Roc Taylor. 

Supposedly we are now done at WR with Presley & Dawson.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

Supposedly we are now done at WR with Presley & Dawson.

Those two are solid. According to al.com, Roc Taylor is still solid with his UT commit anyway. 

19 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Yep! And looking strong!

Good, we can use him. We have a lot of big WR’s on offense but we need more guys who can create separation. He can do that

Auburn contacts in-state DB, could offer soon

Jeffrey Lee • AuburnSports

Senior Editor

@JLeeAURivals

An in-state standout could be close to earning an Auburn offer.

Carver-Montgomery DB Juwon Gastono on Monday spoke with Auburn defensive coordinator Derek Mason and defensive backs coach Zac Etheridge and believes an offer could come soon.

“They said they love my film,” Gaston said. “And that they want to get me to Auburn. They are going to show my film to the head coach (Bryan Harsin) soon.”

An offer could follow. If so, it would be a big one for Gaston.

“It would mean a lot to me,” Gaston said. “Auburn is close to home. My family could come watch me.”

And he would be playing under Mason and Etheridge.

“I really like both of them,” Gaston said. “Coach Mason sounds like a good dude. He’s a man of his word, real honest. Coach Etheridge is the same way. He’s a good dude, too.”

Auburn is recruiting Gaston as a safety, he said. Gaston also is receiving heavy interest from South Carolina, Tennessee and South Alabama.

Edited by Paladin
Add video
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

Those two are solid. According to al.com, Roc Taylor is still solid with his UT commit anyway. 

"solid" huh?   Wanted to go that route did you?

Presley is gonna set some kind of record at Auburn I feel.  That kid is quite special.

16 hours ago, AUDevil said:

give me the OT from NC that decommitted from UT - Colby Smith.   Friday seems like a good day for such, considering the weather in NC and all.

15 minutes ago, Beaker said:

give me the OT from NC that decommitted from UT - Colby Smith.   Friday seems like a good day for such, considering the weather in NC and all.

He would be a great pickup. Got my fingers crossed.  I love the number of OT's we seem to be offering instead of offering a small number and not having a backup plan.

• Like 1

I really believe we have a chance to salvage this class with a few good signees. Get T Wallace, Dylan Brooks, Cardwell(RBI’s), and a few more we have a decent class. Not top 10-15, but maybe top 20, without doing the math.

Edited by toddc
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, toddc said:

I really believe we have a chance to salvage this class with a few good signees. Get T Wallace, Dylan Brooks, Cardwell(RBI’s), and a few more we have a decent class. Not top 10-15, but maybe top 20, without doing the math.

100%

I don't believe Tubs ever had elite classes and the class Chiz coached in 2010 wasn't elite, but developing some talent and getting break goes a long way.

I get a feeling this coaching staff can really develop players from what I keep hearing.  Tub's staff did that well for several years.

• Like 1