The Jalen Hurts Offense

AUght2win

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Aw man. I only somewhat knew that deal. Had to look it up. Awful.

Yeah man. It's a sport I loved playing growing up, and it's a sport I still love, but I often question whether I would let my sons play it.   Jevan Snead is a prime example of why I'm not sure I would. 

51 minutes ago, DAG said:

In look only. Their games were polar opposite. Colt McCoy was a pocket passer with sneaky ability to escape. 3 star QB from Texas. Very accurate even as a true freshman.

I'd say they'd look a lot more comparable if Bo was in Colt's offense, or Colt was in Bo's. A lot of similarities. Some of the bigger differences are in what they are asked to do in each scheme. 

Just now, johnnyAU said:

I'd say they'd look a lot more comparable if Bo was in Colt's offense, or Colt was in Bo's. A lot of similarities. Some of the bigger differences are in what they are asked to do in each scheme. 

I don’t agree. In fact, the high acumen of passes that CM asked Bo to do in the game against USCe is a small ask of what was expected of Colt at Texas. Yet, our fans was pretty upset with how many passes he was asked to make. Part of it was because of the success of the run game, but a bigger part is the fact that Bo does not have the accuracy or QB acumen just yet to be asked to do such things. 

Colt is white and Bo is white.....That's it. To keep trying to compare Bo to all time QB's is ridiculous. That's the problem. Right now we're saying keeping the ball in his hands is bad..he's a game manager right now. Compare him to decent average QB's that you'd have to look up like for vandy and South Carolina and such. Not all Americans and all time bears greats. He doesn't have a rocket arm but it's decent, he can run but he's nothing like hurts, or fields or Pat white, or any QB you literally build an offense around. He's a decent player who if he worked on his game couple maybe be a great QB.

He's actually something like bammers old QB Blake simms, or Clemson's old QB Kyle Parker.....or if you really just open your eyes the QB he just went up against for ole miss....they literally played just alike and have about the same type of athleticism and they look to be close in size

11 hours ago, cole256 said:

Colt is white and Bo is white.....That's it. To keep trying to compare Bo to all time QB's is ridiculous. That's the problem. Right now we're saying keeping the ball in his hands is bad..he's a game manager right now. Compare him to decent average QB's that you'd have to look up like for vandy and South Carolina and such. Not all Americans and all time bears greats. He doesn't have a rocket arm but it's decent, he can run but he's nothing like hurts, or fields or Pat white, or any QB you literally build an offense around. He's a decent player who if he worked on his game couple maybe be a great QB.

The comparison to Colt isn't about his accuracy or what he might become after 4 years. Bo hasn't and won't have the opportunity for good QB coaching or OC that would allow him to grow and flourish. In fact, in this scheme and under this HC, QB's have a tendency to regress rather than progress. Colt's OC/QB coach was Greg Davis (who coached Applewhite, Simms and Young prior) and HC was Mack Brown.  Bo's staff is.....well you know.

Both played in all 13 games as Freshman at a big time program. Colt was a RS Freshman, after sitting out 2005. Bo was a true Freshman. Texas was 10-3, 2nd in Big 12 South. UT beat 2 top 20 teams in 2006.

Auburn was 9-4, 3rd in the SEC West, which included the undefeated national champs and perennial playoff contender Alabama. Auburn beat 3 top 20 teams in 2019, including a top 5 team in Alabama. 

Colt was 217/318 (68%) for 2970 yds, 29 TD's, 7 ints for QB rating of 161.8

Bo was 217/377 (57.6%) for 2542 yds, 16 TD's, 6 ints for QB rating of 125.0

As a Soph, but this is a bit tougher to compare not given the full set of data.

Colt was 277/424 (65.1%), for 3303 yds, 22 TD's, 18 ints for QB rating of 139.2

Bo so far is 101/172 (58.7%) for 1107 yds, 6 TD's, 4 ints for QB rating of 119.6

Colt was about 6'1", 210 lbs at UT

Bo is about 6'1", 207 lbs

Yes, they are both white, but keep telling yourself that is the only comparison.  ;)

Bo may never have the career that Colt did, but that's not what this is about. 

23 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

Yes, they are both white, but keep telling yourself that is the only comparison.

So they're both white and the same height?

This conversation is so ridiculous.

Just now, johnnyAU said:

LOL, if that's all you got from that...you're about useless.

By all means, point out the other similarities you explained. Maybe try to do it without the clown ass insults.

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

17 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

Huh. My initial response to this seems to have gotten deleted. I wish it hadn't. You had earned it.

I look forward to your response to DAG. Maybe you can be a little more thick-skinned about it.

2 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

The comparison to Colt isn't about his accuracy or what he might become after 4 years. Bo hasn't and won't have the opportunity for good QB coaching or OC that would allow him to grow and flourish. In fact, in this scheme and under this HC, QB's have a tendency to regress rather than progress. Colt's OC/QB coach was Greg Davis (who coached Applewhite, Simms and Young prior) and HC was Mack Brown.  Bo's staff is.....well you know.

Both played in all 13 games as Freshman at a big time program. Colt was a RS Freshman, after sitting out 2005. Bo was a true Freshman. Texas was 10-3, 2nd in Big 12 South. UT beat 2 top 20 teams in 2006.

Auburn was 9-4, 3rd in the SEC West, which included the undefeated national champs and perennial playoff contender Alabama. Auburn beat 3 top 20 teams in 2019, including a top 5 team in Alabama. 

Colt was 217/318 (68%) for 2970 yds, 29 TD's, 7 ints for QB rating of 161.8

Bo was 217/377 (57.6%) for 2542 yds, 16 TD's, 6 ints for QB rating of 125.0

As a Soph, but this is a bit tougher to compare not given the full set of data.

Colt was 277/424 (65.1%), for 3303 yds, 22 TD's, 18 ints for QB rating of 139.2

Bo so far is 101/172 (58.7%) for 1107 yds, 6 TD's, 4 ints for QB rating of 119.6

Colt was about 6'1", 210 lbs at UT

Bo is about 6'1", 207 lbs

Yes, they are both white, but keep telling yourself that is the only comparison.  ;)

Bo may never have the career that Colt did, but that's not what this is about. 

To be fair, I still don’t see how you are comparing them. Besides them both being white and around the same size, there is literally no similarities. From coaching , scheme, years played, etc

Colt wasn't just a pocket passer either. He was a very mobile QB. He wasn't asked to run much as a Freshman, but those numbers increased.

2006 - 68 rushes, 170 yds

2007 - 114 rushes, 492 yds

2008 - 136 rushes, 561 yds

2009 - 129 rushes, 348 yds

For Bo,

2019 - 97 rushes, 313 yds

2020 - 51 rushes, 193 yds

Colt also had 3 OL drafted in the NFL from those 1st 2 years, along with WR Limas Sweed, TE Jermichael Finley, and freaking Jamaal Charles.  He also significantly improved from year 2 to years 3-4 (not including his RS year). With Bo's current situation, considering what we know about Malzahn and from what we've seen thus far from Morris, the likelihood of him making that sort of leap seems nigh impossible. 

18 hours ago, bigbird said:

Colt and Sean would be the more correct comparison.

Bo is more Jake Plummer, IMO 

This is the best comparison to Bo.  Similar in talent and leadership...only the trophies separate them.

Brett Favre was 3rd choice for a 'There's Something About Mary' cameo |  EW.com

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Lol and he winked and everything trying to be smug like he really broke it down lol. 

First of all he doesn't know what this was about but this would be around his 3rd attempt to come in a thread and save the day and he hasn't been right yet.

It's not about accuracy and his skill set but he posted completion percentage. It's not about their physical appearance but he posted height and weight....

Well congratulations sir you've effectively debated there are no similarities which is what I said in the first place... 

And now useless was the other guys in the offense in the NFL??? 😂

And he winked lmfao! Winked and called somebody else useless! 

I told you man people will fight for Bo. If he doesn't pan out this will be the guy arguing Bo really was the greatest college QB ever but he played in the wrong offense. I bet all the other QB's wish they had the perfect system to play in as well but for whatever reason we don't give them that pass

31 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

I think all y'all's comparisons suck. 

ColorfulFittingAlabamamapturtle-size_res

I don't care what anybody says the Blake simms, any average QB you don't know about and the ole miss QB he just played exactly like was gold. You guys miss out on my greatness

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I don't care what anybody says the Blake simms, any average QB you don't know about and the ole miss QB he just played exactly like was gold. You guys miss out on my greatness

Like I said...😎

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

And then followed it up with... more differences and no similarities. Clown town. 

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Lol and he winked and everything trying to be smug like he really broke it down lol. 

First of all he doesn't know what this was about but this would be around his 3rd attempt to come in a thread and save the day and he hasn't been right yet.

It's not about accuracy and his skill set but he posted completion percentage. It's not about their physical appearance but he posted height and weight....

Well congratulations sir you've effectively debated there are no similarities which is what I said in the first place... 

And now useless was the other guys in the offense in the NFL??? 😂

I told you man people will fight for Bo. If he doesn't pan out this will be the guy arguing Bo really was the greatest college QB ever but he played in the wrong offense. I bet all the other QB's wish they had the perfect system to play in as well but for whatever reason we don't give them that pass

The only thing you have posted that is really different at all is completion %. You have nothing to back anything else up. How much does completion % have to do with offensive scheme, routes, WR/TE/RB/OL talent, coaching, etc...and how much is due to just "accuracy" of throws? Good Lord man, we had a terrible passing scheme last season. It isn't much better this year, the OL is pretty darn bad. We're not using the TE or RB in the passing game, though it was supposed to be prominent. We're not a very good team right now. 

Nobody is comparing the 2 QB's based on their success rate, or how good they could possibly be, but after a year and some change, Bo's skill set is very similar to Colt's....then. Given what looks to be his near future, I doubt he'll ever reach his own potential, much less see the same numbers McCoy had his Junior and Senior years. 

Heck, Jason Campbell was mentioned a few weeks back. Tremendous potential as a Freshman, but didn't really evolve into what he became until his Senior year under a different OC/scheme, which ended up about perfect for him. He flourished. Stidham, another QB talent with tremendous potential, regressed under Malzahn.  What would McCoy's numbers be in this offense the last 2 years? Probably not much better. Dude threw 18 picks his Sophomore season, but had a YUGE Junior year. 

This isn't about "fighting for Bo". That's what you want to see. It's about a fair comparison of skill sets. Under better tutelage, Bo could be playing much better. That doesn't equate to him having the same success as a future NFL QB. That also doesn't mean he has the same decision-making intangibles, but I'd make the argument that is also a function of coaching. 

2 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

The only thing you have posted that is really different at all is completion %. You have nothing to back anything else up. How much does completion % have to do with offensive scheme, routes, WR/TE/RB/OL talent, coaching, etc...and how much is due to just "accuracy" of throws? Good Lord man, we had a terrible passing scheme last season. It isn't much better this year, the OL is pretty darn bad. We're not using the TE or RB in the passing game, though it was supposed to be prominent. We're not a very good team right now. 

Nobody is comparing the 2 QB's based on their success rate, or how good they could possibly be, but after a year and some change, Bo's skill set is very similar to Colt's....then. Given what looks to be his near future, I doubt he'll ever reach his own potential, much less see the same numbers McCoy had his Junior and Senior years. 

Heck, Jason Campbell was mentioned a few weeks back. Tremendous potential as a Freshman, but didn't really evolve into what he became until his Senior year under a different OC/scheme, which ended up about perfect for him. He flourished. Stidham, another QB talent with tremendous potential, regressed under Malzahn.  What would McCoy's numbers be in this offense the last 2 years? Probably not much better. Dude threw 18 picks his Sophomore season, but had a YUGE Junior year. 

This isn't about "fighting for Bo". That's what you want to see. It's about a fair comparison of skill sets. Under better tutelage, Bo could be playing much better. That doesn't equate to him having the same success as a future NFL QB. That also doesn't mean he has the same decision-making intangibles, but I'd make the argument that is also a function of coaching. 

Lol back what up? What skill set are you speaking of? It's not accuracy then what is it? What are you arguing? That Bo can get better as time goes by? Ok we all know this. What are you comparing? You are literally arguing to be arguing.

I dare anybody to watch last game and point out how Bo didn't look exactly like the QB he played against. Or show how he compares more to colt McCoy than that guy

2 hours ago, DAG said:

To be fair, I still don’t see how you are comparing them. Besides them both being white and around the same size, there is literally no similarities. From coaching , scheme, years played, etc

Look out for the 3 paragraph response that says nothing and a wink! It's coming!

Archived