If Gus isn’t fired tomorrow, AU is a loser institution

Swamp Eagle

28 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

AU has way to many fans on social media saying ish like it's still great to be a Auburn Tiger after getting our ass beat by our biggest rival. Also saying stuff like we will get em next year. War Eagle anyways

This is how a lot of our fan base roll. They seriously don't care about winning or losing. It's embarrassing and a loser mentality. 

I have never been more angry than I was walking out of the Rose Bowl and hearing an Auburn fan say "It's ok, we'll be back."

No.  It doesn't work that way.  You only get so many opportunities at greatness.  You have to strike when you can.

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, AUwent said:

YOU are part of the problem.

I am out of likes so I am verbalizing my like of this post!!! 🤣😂

Just now, AUFriction said:

Prepare to be disappointed. Unless Gus loses out, there’s pretty much no way he gets fired this year. COVID has given most of the coaches a buffer. Winning the games we’ve won so far has probably saved his job unless the players outright quit on him.

Make no mistake.  In true Gus fashion, we'll beat A&M next week.

Just now, ShocksMyBrain said:

I don’t personally know any Auburn fans who want Gus around. We’ve been talking about it for quite a while now. 

Just to be clear, I'm not calling you part of the problem!

2 minutes ago, AUwent said:

YOU are part of the problem.

There are some problems I have with Kiffin, but I don't give a flaming pile of Big Al's crap about our "culture."

Okay. Then I’m part of the problem. But me and 3/4 of the fan base aren’t budging on coaching morals. That’s been a part of the program for longer than I’ve been alive. 

19 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Here’s what I would say to those folks: We are one of the nations most penalized programs with multiple probations through the years. We’ve had plenty of players arrested for crimes ranging from misdemeanors to armed felonies. Our last 2 SEC titles were led by QBs who were kicked out of other SEC schools. Any AU fan who is taking a ‘holier than thou’ approach is wrong to do so. 

I mean, I'm with your sentiment.  But we haven't been on probation in football since the mid 90s.  There's literally not a kid that has suited up for us, against us, or being recruited by us that has any memory of Auburn football being on probation.

1 minute ago, AUFriction said:

Okay. Then I’m part of the problem. But me and 3/4 of the fan base aren’t budging on coaching morals. That’s been a part of the program for longer than I’ve been alive. 

You must really like spending New Year's Day in Tampa.

3. Our fans (rightfully or not) have developed an outward perception of excessively inflated expectations. Fans in other conferences (I have a lot of friends in Michigan in particular) think we’re nuts for wanting free of Malzahn. Arkansas keeps trying to lure him away. The irony is that, the harder the fanbase pushes to get rid of Malzahn, the worse the perception will probably get, making it harder to find a new coach when we do replace him.

I will take Sam Pittman right now no questions asked in a trade for Gus - please call us Arkansas?

Here is what I believe and have believed:

Auburn fans in real life are addicted to the role of the underdog. It just provides such an awesome storyline and Auburn fans love storylines. Its the lifeblood of the program. If Auburn were to actually be a competent school and began picking on team with a competent offense and crushing defense that didn't rely on things like "Prayers" and "Miracles" it would kill what they believed Auburn to be. The addiction to storylines is why we also see so much Copium in regards to the "Legend of Bo Nix" despite the fact that all of Twitter and the CFB world thinks that he is "Bo Pix". 

Its sad, but Auburn has become the folk story rather than the perennial contender in the West. Other teams reload and rebuild and Auburn just repeats and regresses because its JABA.

The fact that the statement JABA exists is synonymous with the level of mediocrity that Auburn has become accustomed to. Keep your Malzahn and your storylines, but the future and top recruits won't want to be a part of this program because of all the mismanagement and inexplicable losses. (See MAR, Gatewood, Willis, Joiner, etc.)

3 minutes ago, AUFriction said:

Prepare to be disappointed. Unless Gus loses out, there’s pretty much no way he gets fired this year. COVID has given most of the coaches a buffer. Winning the games we’ve won so far has probably saved his job unless the players outright quit on him.

Buddy I’ve been disappointed for 3 years now I’m used to it. Used to mediocrity. Used to no player development. Used to getting skull drug by our rivals. Used to losing out on big recruits. 

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

You must really like spending New Year's Day in Tampa.

😂🤣 

20 minutes ago, woodford said:

Unfortunately this is true. People hate Auburn. 

Exactly. That is why I was laughing my ass off when are fans and rightfully so was complaining about the miss calls from Bama. Majority of the college football fanbases including SEC fans think the "REC" gives us games to promote the Iron bowl. Nobody truly sees us as this role model university. A lot of fanbases actually thinks the SEC protects us except our own fanbase.

Make no mistake.  In true Gus fashion, we'll beat A&M next week.

He doesn’t even have to. With this being such an odd year with a short offseason, a coach really has to screw up to get fired. Muschamp was almost fired last year. The only other one that’s probably gone is Vandy’s coach. Gus has done enough that they won’t pull the plug this year short of the team quitting on him.

13 minutes ago, AUFriction said:

I’m reposting this because some of you need to actually read it. These are facts people, not opinions. We have disadvantages. Maybe you think we can overcome them, but they are real disadvantages. Giving a facepalm to this makes no sense. If you disagree, tell me why you think we can overcome them.  But don’t randomly facepalm as if these things don’t have any effect on our coach recruiting. 

Time out.  This is a loser mentality.  You know who else had similar disadvantages and was arguably worse than Auburn historically for the most part of a century?  Clemson.

In fact, let's stay closer to home.  How about Auburn basketball?  Certainly no reason to be power.  But here we are, a season removed from the Final Four and having back-to-back first round picks.

Point being, you go hire someone that sees these weaknesses as challenges.  Great programs stop making excuses and start finding answers.

Just now, AUFriction said:

He doesn’t even have to. With this being such an odd year with a short offseason, a coach really has to screw up to get fired. Muschamp was almost fired last year. The only other one that’s probably gone is Vandy’s coach. Gus has done enough that they won’t pull the plug this year short of the team quitting on him.

Oh I know he doesn't need to win next week to keep his job.  It's just going to be typical Gus **** that we win next week.  And it'll 100% piss me off.

9 minutes ago, AUFriction said:

I’m reposting this because some of you need to actually read it. These are facts people, not opinions. We have disadvantages. Maybe you think we can overcome them, but they are real disadvantages. Giving a facepalm to this makes no sense. If you disagree, tell me why you think we can overcome them.  But don’t randomly facepalm as if these things don’t have any effect on our coach recruiting. 

What are these disadvantages you speak of? Only two I know of are poor facility planning and current coaching staff. 

The advantages are huge. Located in a recruiting hot bed close to Georgia and Florida. Weekly national exposure. Crazy fan support.  AD pays the staff like kings. 

12 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

I have never been more angry than I was walking out of the Rose Bowl and hearing an Auburn fan say "It's ok, we'll be back."

No.  It doesn't work that way.  You only get so many opportunities at greatness.  You have to strike when you can.

“We’ll be back” LMAO walking out of the Rose Bowl. Absolute mad lad. 

Oh I know he doesn't need to win next week to keep his job.  It's just going to be typical Gus **** that we win next week.  And it'll 100% piss me off.

Oh, we're not beating A&M. But I fear he has done enough this year. And then next year he'll go 8-4 (losses to the Big Three and A&M again), and once again that will be just enough. Because we're not a Mean Program (TM) like UAT and UGA that actually cares about winning.

Just now, Bo Didley said:

War Eagle! Let it be ! Some of you are ridiculous! Bama is a great team! The process and system are systematic ! 

Bama is great.  I had zero illusions of winning today.

But the game plan and effort were pathetic.  When you play someone like Bama, you have to throw the kitchen sink at them.  We tried to slow it up and cover the spread.  I'm fine with losing if I think our entire sideline is giving everything they have to win.  Frankly, this is the fourth Iron Bowl of Gus's tenure where I've felt he hasn't tried to win, especially on offense.  2015, 2016, and 2018 all felt similar.

Just now, AUwent said:

Oh, we're not beating A&M. But I fear he has done enough this year. And then next year he'll go 8-4 (losses to the Big Three and A&M again), and once again that will be just enough. Because we're not a Mean Program (TM) like UAT and UGA that actually cares about winning.

$10 right now that we beat A&M.  I've seen this show before.

7 minutes ago, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

Here is what I believe and have believed:

Auburn fans in real life are addicted to the role of the underdog. It just provides such an awesome storyline and Auburn fans love storylines. Its the lifeblood of the program. If Auburn were to actually be a competent school and began picking on team with a competent offense and crushing defense that didn't rely on things like "Prayers" and "Miracles" it would kill what they believed Auburn to be. The addiction to storylines is why we also see so much Copium in regards to the "Legend of Bo Nix" despite the fact that all of Twitter and the CFB world thinks that he is "Bo Pix". 

Its sad, but Auburn has become the folk story rather than the perennial contender in the West. Other teams reload and rebuild and Auburn just repeats and regresses because its JABA.

The fact that the statement JABA exists is synonymous with the level of mediocrity that Auburn has become accustomed to. Keep your Malzahn and your storylines, but the future and top recruits won't want to be a part of this program because of all the mismanagement and inexplicable losses. (See MAR, Gatewood, Willis, Joiner, etc.)

Bro this is so true. The biggest thing I hate about some of this fanbase is they think it is totally a disparage comment to say things like NS is only good because he gets the best players and the best coaches. Like wtf?! Where can we get someone like that. 

Archived