Coach Candidates Thread (OP Updated 12/22)

Zeek

Yeah this thread will slow down some until we have a new name to collectively latch onto. Cristobal hype fueled a lot of it.

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, AUwent said:

https://www.maizenbrew.com/2020/6/26/21303659/ranking-the-power-five-coaching-jobs-2020

This ranking was interesting. Only real things I disagree on are that I would swap TAMU and Tennessee. And FSU should DEFINITELY not be that high up. So, I would rank it like this:

Top 10 are pretty spot on

#11/12/13--Notre Dame/Penn State/Texas A&M (TIE)

#14--Oregon

#15/16/17--Auburn/Florida State/Wisconsin (TIE)

#18--Tennessee

I actually agree with your revisions. 

Seeing Nebraska barely crack the top 25 is such a strange feeling because they were such a powerhouse when I was a kid just developing my love for college football back in the 90s. In fact, AU becoming a Nebraska or Tennessee or arguably FSU is my nightmare scenario and head coaching changes always ramp up that anxiety. 

I find myself pseudo-begrudgingly on the Lane Train right now. He has some issues, but I think he's the best available. I like the conflict he had with Nick when he left Bama. It would certainly add an interesting dynamic to the Iron Bowl. And I think he can be a borderline great coach, although it will come with some long-term stability issues (think Tubs flirting w/ Arky annually). Good news is he has burned a lot of the bridges that would otherwise be worrisome for his personality (e.g., NFL HC in LA, USC HC). 

Having said that, it is dangerous for active players on the roster to be campaigning publicly for a single candidate. That's a recipe for disaster and potentially mass exodus. 

Just now, AURealist said:

Then let's do this!

Lol this is all so dumb but fun

Ooooooh man OM would be pissed.  😆

I do admit though, it would only fuel the flames of Kiffin being unreliable, and would make me a little paranoid he'd do the same to us.

3 minutes ago, AUFriction said:

Just because one player wants him doesn’t mean the administration is even considering him.

No s***

We're having fun here bud get on board 

2 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Ooooooh man OM would be pissed.  😆

I do admit though, it would only fuel the flames of Kiffin being unreliable, and would make me a little paranoid he'd do the same to us.

Good thing about us is that he would probably stay put to be "Saban's rival" for a bit. To be the best, you have to beat the best. He wouldn't be at a better school to do that while CNS is still in charge in Tuscaloosa. 

Just now, TigerTaz said:

Hmmmmm AU plane went to Oxford and AU players posting Lane Trains?? This is fun. 

The real take away for the prudes on here is Anthony saying explicitly he's not transferring.

Archived