Sarkisian to interview

RunInRed

26 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

Look no farther than Steve Spurrier.    One of the best college coaches to ever coach, couldn’t do it in the nfl 

Look no further than Saban for that matter. 

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, TigerHorn said:

So Saban can beat us twice as bad as he beats other teams with one ex-assistant? You know that no former assistant has ever beaten him, right?

I guess the difference is that Sark was a good head coach before working with Saban. He wasn’t groomed by Saban. Lane wasn’t either but he hasn’t been at a team with the tools to compete head to head with Saban.

Not my top choice but definitely by far one of the most experienced coaches we would have hired in a loooong time. I think he could have some good success here but we’ll see. 

One thing that kind of rubbed me the wrong way about Sark was how he tried to sue USC for $30 million alleging that they wrongly terminated him without giving him a chance to recover and go through rehab as if he was a victim and it was illegal for the school to punish him for showing up to work drunk multiple times, giving a profanity filled booster meeting while slammed, and publicly embarrassing the university. 

That said, I haven't heard anything real negative about him since then so hopefully he has fully recovered and become a bit more accepting of responsibility. I wouldn't be against his hire if AU thought he was the guy, 

He is not one of my favorites but of the canadiates listed he is in my top 2 with Kiffen being 1.  I like their backgrounds as far as NFL and power 5 experience.  I like Kiffen a bit better than Sark because Lane's father was a defensive guy in the NFL for years so I think lane would address the defensive side better.

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

i thought he destroyed the falcons? i never read that but i had friends basically claim that. that has been my worry concerning him.

No the Falcons have always underperformed under Quinn. 

I'd rather have Kiffin if we are choosing Bama OC's, but glad to see an interesting interview. As some have noted, it's funny to see that a lot of our targets are Saban assistants. It's like we are signing up to never beat him again. 

Steele, Kiffin, Sark, Mario, am I missing anyone? 

Wouldn't it be something if Auburn broke Saban's streak against his assistants? 

1 hour ago, RunInRed said:

My source agrees he is being interviewed and that a new HC will be named Sunday afternoon along with what bowl we will go to

3 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

My source agrees he is being interviewed and that a new HC will be named Sunday afternoon along with what bowl we will go to

Hope so! I am going back to work Monday.  

17 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

So it's either Sark or Steele?  Who else has interviewed?  

3 minutes ago, AURealist said:

So it's either Sark or Steele?  Who else has interviewed?  

I didn't say that. Source didn't say who it would be or if it is even decided yet. I "think" we have interviewed (or had agent contact) with Christobal, Napier, Allen, Kiffin, and will with Sarkisian. Maybe others.

Kiffin, Sarkisian, and Napier are my 1a, 1b, 1c right now. Freeze would be 1d just don’t see Auburn pulling that trigger. Sark seems ready for a head job again. Hopefully he’s gotten over his issues at USC. 

2 hours ago, beagle34 said:

Not funny He has my respect for overcoming a disease/illness and would love to have him as HC

I wasn’t aware of this. Did he have cancer or heart disease?

2 hours ago, JTFazz said:

I really don't think that's a fair comparison. Alcoholism is a disease and with Freeze... well maybe it resulted in a disease. Who knows? 

You are kidding me, correct?

3 minutes ago, Old fan 47 said:

f course AU will wreck it all, so it’s a moot point.

Yeah, AU is not committed to a winning football program. I do give Jughead credit for doing one thing and that was hiring Bruce. The PTB are nothing but a bunch of elitists who like to engage in **** measuring contests. They will screw it up and I think that some of them intend to if they can't get their way

1 hour ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

I'd rather have Kiffin if we are choosing Bama OC's, but glad to see an interesting interview. As some have noted, it's funny to see that a lot of our targets are Saban assistants. It's like we are signing up to never beat him again. 

Steele, Kiffin, Sark, Mario, am I missing anyone? 

Wouldn't it be something if Auburn broke Saban's streak against his assistants? 

He will get beat eventually by a former assistant. I think it will take a strong minded coach like a Sark or Kiffin. Kirby is fast wearing out his welcome at GA and he’s been decent, but manages to lose at least one winnable game a year except for this year where their 2 losses were more expected. 

2 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

I didn't say that. Source didn't say who it would be or if it is even decided yet. I "think" we have interviewed (or had agent contact) with Christobal, Napier, Allen, Kiffin, and will with Sarkisian. Maybe others.

Do you think one of those 'maybes' will be the guy?  I don't see how you conduct an interview, agree to offer the job to the interviewee, agree on proposed terms to offer, then come to an agreement with the interviewee all in the same day. 

Perhaps he is interviewing only because he was promised one and it makes headlines?  I know that at least three of those guys share an agent, so that would be one call to schedule three or more interviews. And we know that particular agent uses interviews and scare tactics to better current positions or open up other opportunities.

Assuming the source is correct on the timeline to announce the new HC, I cannot see Sark being the guy. How much faith do you put in this source? I know back during the Tuberville era, you were pretty well in the know.

Archived