Should we go after Muschamp?

shabby

It seems coach Boom won't have any head coaching offers for awhile. Would he be interested in an offer to come back as a coordinator? Would this be a good hire if so? Seems we need someone that is quality and woukd get recruits. Thoughts?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No freaking Derek mason is who I prefer but it should be at the discretion of the ball coach . I really don’t want anymore Auburn retreads. I trust in coach CBH and ADAG. If he says he has a plan going forward I want to see it through.

To elaborate, Muschamp absolutely will bolt when he inevitably gets another head coaching opportunity. He's a liability on the sideline and his defenses share the same level of discipline. Sure, it's fun when your defense has been bad and they start playing with a chip on their shoulder, but that gets old quick - especially once the refs get tired of it too. Plus, as we saw during the USCe game, when you're too busy jawing off at your opponent, you're not paying attention to your sideline and the next play.

No, we don't need Muschamp back.

No to recycled coaches. This is a rare AU fresh hire. Let him bring in the guys he’s been successful with.  

I am all for getting away from JABA hires. But muschamp is straight up an amazing DC and he built the foundation of our D’s success for years to come in under 12 months! I still remember how much our D improved by the end of the 2015 season as one of the best unit-improvements I’ve ever seen, up there with our 2013 offense improvement. 

If Harsin wants Muschamp, I’m not gonna let the fact that he worked here previously be a mitigating factor. Also, if he were to leave after 2 years, so what? That’s what good programs do. They hire elite coordinators, and hopefully they do so well that they get hired away, and Auburn gets paid for it. The idea is that said coordinator should leave such a good foundation that whoever succeeds them will start off strong (e.g. Steele). 

all that said, I’m a huge fan of mason or don brown as well. 

I get the idea of wanting to l start fresh and all, but It’ll be 6 years since he was on staff. Muschamp is a helluva recruiter and developer. You can’t ignore that. 

I want Harsin to hire whoever he wants. 

If that's who he wants to for it. And Muschamp isn't really a Gus guy he just happened to work for him for a year so I'm cool with it

CBH will let us know sometime soon. Derek Mason would be a good one to look at for sure. I'm ready for a totally NEW DAY at Auburn. 

Clean start. Let’s go. 

I’m the biggest CWM fan there is, heck when things looked the worst I was thinking just hire CWM and be done with it. I would love him as DC, but I want this regimen to be new. Even if we lose Caddy, Twill, etc.  

Archived