2022 4* QB Tanner Bailey (Oregon)

Zeek

Obviously early but seems interested in both Auburn and Alabama. Not sure if I can share from the 247 premium message board specifics but Bailey has shown interest.

Will be interesting to see if BH prefers pro-style or dual-threat.

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@Zeek You can summarize a sentence or two.

Okay! Sounded like the kid is specifically reaching out wanting to do a zoom call with Harsin. 

It's nice when the recruit is the one reaching out lol

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

Okay! Sounded like the kid is specifically reaching out wanting to do a zoom call with Harsin. 

It's nice when the recruit is the one reaching out lol

For those who don’t know Tanner is Lance Bailey’s son. Lance played at Auburn a while back as QB. I believe he is now a district judge in Gordo Alabama.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

For those who don’t know Tanner is Lance Bailey’s son. Lance played at Auburn a while back as QB. I believe he is now a district judge in Gordo Alabama.

Yep, I know Lance. Didn't know the kid was ranked this high though

Since we had no thread on Bailey I had assumed AU had little or no interest. Good to hear.

1 hour ago, autan said:

Since we had no thread on Bailey I had assumed AU had little or no interest. Good to hear.

@autan We had interest. He just wasn't one of Morris' top 2 or 3 targets.

• 4 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Did Auburn offer him yet? I thought I had seen a Twitter post saying “if we offered him” his commitment would be a done deal. 

Certainly not. He's a legacy which as we know doesn't make him a lock to AU simply with an offer.

23 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Did Auburn offer him yet? I thought I had seen a Twitter post saying “if we offered him” his commitment would be a done deal. 

@WarEagleHunter1221 The old staff offered late last year. Not sure if the new staff has offered yet.

10 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

Certainly not. He's a legacy which as we know doesn't make him a lock to AU simply with an offer.

I wonder if Lance and Tanner would even want to be in a two quarterback class? Because we are likely taking two quarterbacks in 2022.

6 hours ago, ellitor said:

I wonder if Lance and Tanner would even want to be in a two quarterback class? Because we are likely taking two quarterbacks in 2022.

No idea. I don't think they're worried about competition, but LB did mention that they were keeping an eye on what Stockton was doing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Gunner Stockton was like a 95% to AU for them after he decommited from USCe 

Recruiting is fluid and fickle

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Still. Giving someone a 70% confidence pick to a school without that school even offering it is a little odd.

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Still. Giving someone a 70% confidence pick to a school without that school even offering it is a little odd.

Good point.  I assume he based it on the relationships which we always say is most important.

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Good point.  I assume he based it on the relationships which we always say is most important.

Right but if I were a picker and that was my thought I would still wait on the formal offer from the school before making a pick.

• Like 1

Just now, ellitor said:

Right but if I were a picker and that was my thought I would still wait on the formal offer from the school before making a pick.

Me too. 

54 minutes ago, ellitor said:

So Gunner was never offered after Bobo agreed to be OC for us?

I would have thought that Harsin and Bobo would have offered quick, if they both thought Bobo had an in road to Gunner and they saw his film and wanted to go after him hard. 

And if Gunner was hoping for an offer from AU after Bobo moved to Auburn, then he would have waited.

Sounds like Gunner had USC and GA and his strong 1-2 and always had GA high on his list. Once Bobo left, it simply made his choice easier.

Just thinking out loud here...

Most of the followers here assumed with Bobo being the OC, Gunner would follow him...not knowing all the other factors involved. I never believe the obvious when it comes to recruiting. :)

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

@steeleagle we aren’t talking about Stockton. We are talking about the 70% confidence prediction JBoy made on Tanner Bailey.

33 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

I would have thought that Harsin and Bobo would have offered quick, if they both thought Bobo had an in road to Gunner and they saw his film and wanted to go after him hard. 

And if Gunner was hoping for an offer from AU after Bobo moved to Auburn, then he would have waited.

Sounds like Gunner had USC and GA and his strong 1-2 and always had GA high on his list. Once Bobo left, it simply made his choice easier.

Just thinking out loud here...

Most of the followers here assumed with Bobo being the OC, Gunner would follow him...not knowing all the other factors involved. I never believe the obvious when it comes to recruiting. :)

Tanner not Gunner numnuts:poke:

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, bigbird said:

I’m in complete agreement with you. But 95% the day he decommitted from USCe is a little much in my opinion, no? 

• Like 1