Men vs. UAT

penguin149

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, boisnumber1 said:

I guess I missed it. No need to be a smartass 🤦 but maybe you can't help it.

I wasn’t being snarky at all. I stated what Burke said and said maybe it wasn’t enough. 

5 minutes ago, cole256 said:

You quoted yourself bro! Who's winning the debate!

I get more positive reviews, when I answer my own posts. 

Geez...It must have been how exciting it was to watch an actual good basketball game, and Auburn for the most part playing well...

:slapfh:

Just now, steeleagle said:

I get more positive reviews, when I answer my own posts. 

Geez...It must have been how exciting it was to watch an actual good basketball game, and Auburn for the most part playing well...

:slapfh:

And people say I like to argue! I never thought of disagreeing with myself! Thanks bro I have to step my game up to a new level I never knew existed!

We were missing our leading scorer and rebounder.  I feel good about our team going forward.  Defense needs to sharpen up a bit.  Inside guys need to be more consistent.  We gonna be fine.   

I hate that AU lost this game, especially to the Turd, but DAMN what a helluva future AU has in basketball with Cooper, Thor, Cardwell, and the rest and the in-coming class. 

And, anyone who thinks Bruce Pearl could be on the hot seat if this season does not turn out well, has absolutely no clue about the Auburn fan base and the love we have for what Bruce has brought to this sport at Auburn. 

1 hour ago, BigBlueWDE said:

Interesting lack of sportsmanship after the game. Nate Oates sends his team straight to the locker room and they are yelling the whole way back

Do they let the players shake hands or bump fists or anything after he game?  I don’t think they do with the covid precautions. But the yelling and crap is too much. 

1 minute ago, casatiger said:

We were missing our leading scorer and rebounder.  I feel good about our team going forward.  Defense needs to sharpen up a bit.  Inside guys need to be more consistent.  We gonna be fine.   

I'm late to the thread but have a question. I watched the game but hard to focus right because having a son-in-law in critical condition in ICU in the hospital with Covid. Why isn't Powell playing?

9 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

I'm late to the thread but have a question. I watched the game but hard to focus right because having a son-in-law in critical condition in ICU in the hospital with Covid. Why isn't Powell playing?

Concussion against A&M

6 minutes ago, Auhud08 said:

Concussion against A&M

Thanks. Any word on when he will be back? I didn't even see him at the game.

5 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Thanks. Any word on when he will be back? I didn't even see him at the game.

One never knows with concussions but i would be surprised if he did not play in the next game. 

28 minutes ago, kennypowers said:

Whoever downvoted the guy with a kid in ICU...get over yourself

It's cole256 but he is not very smart. He downvotes just about all my posts and I respond equally. Not sure why the mods don't call him out for it.

13 minutes ago, kennypowers said:

Whoever downvoted the guy with a kid in ICU...get over yourself

Maybe his "dislikes" that the kid is in the ICU.

I don't participate in the game threads because I have enough challenges trying to keep up with the action 😀 I typically come read the thread following the game. This was by far the most enjoyable thread to read in some time. The amount of enthusiasm for what this team can be was enjoyable to read. About the game:

First, I thought the announcers, even Beth, did a pretty good job. Normally, she drives me crazy but I was not even sure it was her until the game was half over. Give Dan credit for his comment about Thor "He has a pro body. Skinny Division"

Good to see Cole256 in the thread. Enjoy his basketball comments.

As noted by many comments, there were some terrible calls by the officials - none more egregious than the offensive foul call on Jaylin Williams in the 2nd half.

Coop is the real deal and it was so much fun how much different the offense flowed with him. I knew a true point guard would help tremendously but that was even better than hoped for. After the Ole Miss game the other night, the difference was just pleasantly staggering.

While the worst take in the thread was the twitter comment about Bruce being on the hot seat, a close second was that about men's basketball being disappointing. While the record is disappointing, this is a young team with so much long term potential that only today could we really start to see with Coop being able to play. It's also fun to finally see an Auburn team with some size.

While a loss, today was tremendously promising. Good thread. War Eagle.

Even with the poor effort on defense we should have won the game.  I believe bammer shot 90% from the free throw line with 25+ attempts.  I doubt they do that again this year.

I was pleased with the game. It showed what we can do offensively with a true PG. Add Powell to give us a consistent outside shooter and we get even better offensively.  Defensively we are up and down. I saw Flanagan playing some really good defense on the ball but the biggest issue I saw on defense was getting back and stopping the ball.  

This was a glimpse of the future Thor looks so much better with a true PG, Cambridge was better as he needs a PG to open up his game. We did a good job of blocking shots but still need to stop easy penetration.  Cardwell supplied inside D and muscle and runs the floor hard.  It will take some time for this team to gel. I don't know what our record will be this year as even adding Sharife does not change the fact that we are young and have a lot of growing to do as a team.  What today showed me is a glimpse at the future.

7 minutes ago, fishepa said:

Even with the poor effort on defense we should have won the game.  I believe bammer shot 90% from the free throw line with 25+ attempts.  I doubt they do that again this year.

We also shot close to the same on the line so FT shooting was a wash for once.  With Cooper here and Powell coming back the O is going to be dynamic. Now we need the D to solidify it will take time but they will come together. 

Didn't get to watch. Just got home from a tournament.

Looks like Sharife made a difference. This Alabama team is inconsistent but they're good. 26 points is great (3 pt shooting for Sharife looks rough on the stat sheet).

4 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

We also shot close to the same on the line so FT shooting was a wash for once.  With Cooper here and Powell coming back the O is going to be dynamic. Now we need the D to solidify it will take time but they will come together. 

Thanks. Always appreciate input from those with actual BB IQ. 

6 minutes ago, WarTim said:

Thanks. Always appreciate input from those with actual BB IQ. 

Ouch - that wasn't really necessary.  I didn't realize we shot that many free throws.

8 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Didn't get to watch. Just got home from a tournament.

Looks like Sharife made a difference. This Alabama team is inconsistent but they're good. 26 points is great (3 pt shooting for Sharife looks rough on the stat sheet).

Cooper was great for the first 38 minutes and horrible for the final 2. Him trying to do too much resulted in two turnovers and one missed 30-foot bomb as the game wound down to the end.. That will correct itself with experience.

When Cooper, Powell and Flanigan get some games working together under their belts, it figure to be an awesome back court.

Whoever talked about Pearl being on the hot seat must have been a rival fan trying to stir up trouble. That's ridiculous.

Archived