Who had Caddy as the only previous staff holdover?

GwillMac6

Not muhhhhhh!!!! Did not see that coming at all. But I like it!!! Almost a total clean sweep of a  house cleaning. AU needs a total culture shock and change and this is a step in the right direction for that. 

Having said all of that love love love caddy is getting a chance to stay. War damn baby!!!!

I did 

not. :)

Actually I didn't think any of them would be retained because I thought a clean sweep was in order. 

7 minutes ago, gr82be said:

I did 

not. :)

Actually I didn't think any of them would be retained because I thought a clean sweep was in order. 

And remember the narrative when billy Napier "turned down" the job?! That a lot of the previous staff was being forced on him? Why you lying dude?! Lol

1 minute ago, Tigerbelle said:

So is it definite that TWill is gone? I lost track of the hires somewhere last week.

Yes. The one remaining on the field hire was made today.

I love it.  We need the best coaches we can find and the culture of incest within our AD needs to finally die.  I expect great things out of Caddy as a recruiter and none of the other "Auburn men" were pulling there weight thus needed to go.

33 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

And remember the narrative when billy Napier "turned down" the job?! That a lot of the previous staff was being forced on him? Why you lying dude?! Lol

Once we were able to move beyond Steele getting the job I was hopeful a full turnover was in order. Not that I don't like Caddy, just thought it might not be best to keep any due to bad feelings or what have you. Glad it worked out like it has. I think having a holdover might help with all concerned. 

I wanted a clean sweep and reboot, but Caddy was the only one I would have been ok with keeping. He wasn't there long enough to get the Gus taint on him.

Caddy being the only one retained is what I wanted. Now, I can't say I expected it to happen, but this is what I wanted.

I very much wanted Caddy to stay and thought it was possible. Obviously TWill had a good chance but I'm okay with it not working out. 

I thought maybe Pogue would be kept. With Mason being a DB guy and Etheridge coming in, I think it might have worked out for the best. 

Didn't think anyone else would or should be. 

My first thought was zero holdovers.   If there were any, TWill and Caddy were my thoughts.  

With that said, how many of our former coaches have been hired? and where?   Just curious.   I know about Steele jumping into the UTk dumpster fire, but I haven’t heard of any others. 

I kind of wished we kept one coach on each side of the ball, just for continuity purposes.  If it would not have been T-Will, I would have hoped it would be McGriff.  But I trust Harsin is doing the right thing, even though our staff seems to be only Boise State and USCe staff.  

15 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

My first thought was zero holdovers.   If there were any, TWill and Caddy were my thoughts.  

With that said, how many of our former coaches have been hired? and where?   Just curious.   I know about Steele jumping into the UTk dumpster fire, but I haven’t heard of any others. 

Kodi's going to UCF. Very happy for him.

McGriff went somewhere but I can't remember where.

Pretty sure Garner is following Steele wherever he goes.

No idea about Bicknell, Pogue, Porter or Russell. 

(Oh, add Porter to my list of guys I would have been totally fine keeping, but I didn't expect it to happen.)

I did, but I never posted on the topic. I was sure he would not retain any of the defensive coaches, as all were suspect in the attempted coup. As for offense, those coaches were not dialed in for Harsin's multiple offense scheme -- the blocking was like high school, the receiver tree was not even high school.

But I thought he would likely keep Caddy for recruiting, but also because I thought Caddy was trying to teach good fundamentals.

As for the coaches he hired in place of all the former CGM staff -- I'm not 100% sold. But I see why Harsin cleaned house --- and why he retained Caddy.

11 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Kodi's going to UCF. Very happy for him.

McGriff went somewhere but I can't remember where.

Pretty sure Garner is following Steele wherever he goes.

No idea about Bicknell, Pogue, Porter or Russell. 

(Oh, add Porter to my list of guys I would have been totally fine keeping, but I didn't expect it to happen.)

McGriff went to Florida 

On 1/22/2021 at 12:16 AM, Mikey said:

Caddy being the only one retained is what I wanted. Now, I can't say I expected it to happen, but this is what I wanted.

Same here, you know why I wanted it.

Well when you will have a run heavy offense coming in, you will need a great back like Tank. Bringing back Caddy could have only been a good thing in regards to bringing back Tank.

Let's just wish these guys luck and move on to our new staff.  Didn't work out for various reasons, and I suspect this thread could trend into an unhealthy area.  

I did not see it coming, but it's a welcome breath of fresh air.

And although I love Cadillac, I almost wish he had not been retained either, just to have a completely clean slate to begin with.  That would have been welcomed here just fine had it occurred.

21 hours ago, MaxCohen216 said:

I did not see it coming, but it's a welcome breath of fresh air.

And although I love Cadillac, I almost wish he had not been retained either, just to have a completely clean slate to begin with.  That would have been welcomed here just fine had it occurred.

Just be comforted that he is in no way a Gus guy. He doesn't think like Gus does. He took the job because he got a fantastic offer from his alma mater in his home state WAY ahead of schedule. And he has performed extremely well. 

I get what you're saying, but I am confident that Caddy's happier about a clean slate than any of us fans are. 

Archived