2021 WVU Transfer CB Dreshun Miller Commits To AU!

atl-tiger

2 hours ago, Tiger1992 said:

What about "Bingo Bango Bongo!"?

Not sure where that came from, but it has just the right mix of excitement, positivity, and stupidity.

Gilligan's Island. Bingo, Bango, Bongo and Irving

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

@WFE12Position coach left & wanted the challenge of the SEC.

Etheridge either recruited away from him and UGA, where his coach went, or they didn't want him. Which wouldn't make sense bc they need DBs

3 hours ago, toddc said:

Gang gang is supposed to be better than kablooey? 😝 Sounds like a kids name for their grandma 👵 

Much better. Kablooey sounds like some type of excrement that would be found in a 70's adult anime film

Just now, Tigerpro2a said:

Much better. Kablooey sounds like some type of excrement that would be found in a 70's adult anime film

If you say so! 😝 Not acquainted with that kind of thing.

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Etheridge either recruited away from him and UGA, where his coach went, or they didn't want him. Which wouldn't make sense bc they need DBs

@W.E.D supposedly Miller wasn’t too fond of his old DB coach who went to Georgia.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

Close to the one I was thinking...Bang. It's the call Mike Breen gives when someone hits a big 3 in the NBA...

I’ve been doing the Breen “bang” since December 😂

• Love 1

5 hours ago, ellitor said:

FWIW Keith thinks Coach Etheridge has emerging alpha dog recruiter written all over him.

If this doesn't make you grin, what will?! Wooooooo!!! We're DBU baby!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

And that's why we call it Oddly Specific Monday, fam.

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, ellitor said:

I make the motion that we should get @toddc to change his commit celebration word. Kablooey sounds like an explosion in the negative sense of the word, not the positive sense. For example, it sounds like a word you would use if your car shut down on the side of the road. "It went kablooey". Who's with me?

I don't understan kablooey, but I stan kablooey. I'm all for more reminders that this all just fun and games and we should be enjoying it accordingly.  *dramatically turns to stare in mirror*

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

I'm all for more reminders that this all just fun and games and we should be enjoying it accordingly.  *dramatically turns to stare in mirror*

and thinks to yourself... when was the last time I cleaned this mirror.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, ellitor said:

FWIW Keith thinks Coach Etheridge has emerging alpha dog recruiter written all over him.

On 1/27/2021 at 8:48 AM, bigbird said:

Zac has a really high ceiling.  He has been to my school a couple times over the last couple years and, IMO, he will blossom at AU and become elite.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Zeek said:

If this doesn't make you grin, what will?! Wooooooo!!! We're DBU baby!

It's probably the one position under Gus that we consistently put guys in the league.  Maybe the only one

3 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Interesting take thanks for sharing

Well, I almost responded to him, "Unless it's Golf, then it's 'When's the last time I ironed this mirror'"

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, W.E.D said:

It's probably the one position under Gus that we consistently put guys in the league.  Maybe the only one

I will say a lot of those guys developed into much better players post-Auburn. Jamel Dean and Carlton Davis were good but they've become completely different animals in the NFL. Was a little disappointed with Iggy this year but he's a rookie who is still learning the position. 

4 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I will say a lot of those guys developed into much better players post-Auburn. Jamel Dean and Carlton Davis were good but they've become completely different animals in the NFL. Was a little disappointed with Iggy this year but he's a rookie who is still learning the position. 

You’re supposed to develop into a better player when you’re in the league. Your development doesn’t stop in college, if it did you’re a bust

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

You’re supposed to develop into a better player when you’re in the league. Your development doesn’t stop in college, if it did you’re a bust

Agreed, but for some of our guys it's a massive leap. Darius Slayton is another example of a guy who looked "okay" to "good" here but has looked excellent in the pros.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Iggy's probably the poster child for how we developed the position during the Steele era. And I do mean Steele and not Malzahn. 0 DBs drafted from 2013-2015, 7 since. (Champ and his guys gets some credit, too.) 

3 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Agreed, but for some of our guys it's a massive leap. Darius Slayton is another example of a guy who looked "okay" to "good" here but has looked excellent in the pros.

There's a reason for that

• Like 3