Kansas Transfer DE Marcus Harris COMMITTS TO AUBURN !!!

Zeek

Screenshot_20210512-194856_Chrome.thumb.jpg.f8de4b353585d2f180daf1fcf7a9d5bf.jpg

Keith keeps implying this might be close to a done deal. Surprised to see defense being the side of the ball loading up on transfers.

Edited by Zeek
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Screenshot_20210512-194856_Chrome.thumb.jpg.f8de4b353585d2f180daf1fcf7a9d5bf.jpg

Keith keeps implying this might be close to a done deal. Surprised to see defense being the side of the ball loading up on transfers.

Makes me think we may take more than the 3 spots left for this class and count a few towards next years class. I am good with that if they feel they can help. I would like to get some guys with more than one year left.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Makes me think we may take more than the 3 spots left for this class and count a few towards next years class. I am good with that if they feel they can help. I would like to get some guys with more than one year left.

Yes the plan is to fill this class and take a few that'll count against 2022 (which kind of makes sense considering how behind we are in the 2022 class from having a new staff).

Would like to see some smoke around a transfer OT or OL. Still would like to add depth at RB too and an experienced WR.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Zeek said:

Still would like to add depth at RB too and an experienced WR.

Seems these are the primary areas of focus now that Fair committed and we're already working hard on Kaufman. 

I am bias right now. I support the Gump and Park Crossing players. I always felt like low key, we had local talent completely overlooked by Auburn

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DAG said:

I am bias right now. I support the Gump and Park Crossing players. I always felt like low key, we had local talent completely overlooked by Auburn

There does seem to be a lot of Park Crossing players we are looking at. Transfer or HS. It seems amazing, as I live near there and don't recall all these guys. :(

Decides next Friday

• Like 1

Announcing soon. Should clarify that he's up to 295.

Boom boom, out go the lights 

C340E258-EEB8-4E9B-BF4F-AD9829F71E92.png

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

D-end transfer Marcus Harris commits to Auburn

12 minutes ago

Auburn continues to clean up in the transfer market.

The Tigers on Friday added another key player to the roster when former Kansas defensive end Marcus Harris, a native of Montgomery, Ala., committed to Auburn over programs such as Texas A&M, Tennessee and Arizona State.

He is Auburn's fifth transfer pickup this offseason and joins the following additions ...

-Bydarrius Knighten, S/Nickel (Southeast Missouri State): Committed to Auburn on May 14 -- one season of eligibility.

-Tony Fair, DT (UAB):Committed to Auburn on May 13 -- one season of eligibility.

-Dreshun Miller, CB (West Virginia): Committed to Auburn on Feb 22 -- 2 seasons of eligibility.

-Andrew Leota, Edge/OLB (Northwestern):Committed to Auburn on Jan. 30 -- 3 seasons of eligibility.

Harris, who currently is 6-feet-3 and 288 pounds according to his trainer, is a strong-side end who will slide into a tackle spot in certain situations. He was a 3-star recruit in the class of 2019 from Park Crossing High. Harris redshirted in 2019, then saw his career take off last season.

During the 2020 season, Harris recorded 27.5 tackles and 7.5 tackles for loss. Kansas parted ways with head coach Les Miles in March and two months later, Harris entered the NCAA transfer portal May 12. From the jump, the Tigers showed strong interest and Bryan Harsin's program quickly became the favorite due to the program's proximity from home, need on the defensive line and ability to connect with Harris both with football and on a personal level.

For Auburn, this was a team effort, but notably prominent roles in this recruitment came from defensive line coach Nick Eason and defensive coordinator Derek Mason. According to our intel, those two have put a high priority on building up the Tigers defensive front.

Harris checks in as the No. 89 player in 247Sports' College Football Transfer Portal Top 100. Because last year did not count against any college player's eligibility, Harris technically will have four seasons remaining.

Auburn probably isn't done raiding the transfer portal and conceivably could take up to five to seven more players, all of whom would count against the program's 2022 recruiting class. Some players to watch include the following:

-Quarterback TJ Finley, who started five games for LSU as a true freshman in 2020.

-Running back Jordon Ingram, a native of Mobile, Ala., who signed late with Central Michigan but did not play in 2020.

1COMMENTS

-Linebacker Ke'Shun Brown, a transfer from Texas A&M who played at Montgomery (Ala.) Carver and is close friends with Harris.

Additionally, the Tigers would like to add an offensive tackle and receiver.

• Zeek changed the title to Kansas Transfer DE Marcus Harris COMMITTS TO AUBURN !!!

Another guy with four seasons left to play! Again, the transfer portal is good to Auburn. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, toddc said:

D-end transfer Marcus Harris commits to Auburn

12 minutes ago

Auburn continues to clean up in the transfer market.

The Tigers on Friday added another key player to the roster when former Kansas defensive end Marcus Harris, a native of Montgomery, Ala., committed to Auburn over programs such as Texas A&M, Tennessee and Arizona State.

He is Auburn's fifth transfer pickup this offseason and joins the following additions ...

-Bydarrius Knighten, S/Nickel (Southeast Missouri State): Committed to Auburn on May 14 -- one season of eligibility.

-Tony Fair, DT (UAB):Committed to Auburn on May 13 -- one season of eligibility.

-Dreshun Miller, CB (West Virginia): Committed to Auburn on Feb 22 -- 2 seasons of eligibility.

-Andrew Leota, Edge/OLB (Northwestern):Committed to Auburn on Jan. 30 -- 3 seasons of eligibility.

Harris, who currently is 6-feet-3 and 288 pounds according to his trainer, is a strong-side end who will slide into a tackle spot in certain situations. He was a 3-star recruit in the class of 2019 from Park Crossing High. Harris redshirted in 2019, then saw his career take off last season.

During the 2020 season, Harris recorded 27.5 tackles and 7.5 tackles for loss. Kansas parted ways with head coach Les Miles in March and two months later, Harris entered the NCAA transfer portal May 12. From the jump, the Tigers showed strong interest and Bryan Harsin's program quickly became the favorite due to the program's proximity from home, need on the defensive line and ability to connect with Harris both with football and on a personal level.

For Auburn, this was a team effort, but notably prominent roles in this recruitment came from defensive line coach Nick Eason and defensive coordinator Derek Mason. According to our intel, those two have put a high priority on building up the Tigers defensive front.

Harris checks in as the No. 89 player in 247Sports' College Football Transfer Portal Top 100. Because last year did not count against any college player's eligibility, Harris technically will have four seasons remaining.

Auburn probably isn't done raiding the transfer portal and conceivably could take up to five to seven more players, all of whom would count against the program's 2022 recruiting class. Some players to watch include the following:

-Quarterback TJ Finley, who started five games for LSU as a true freshman in 2020.

-Running back Jordon Ingram, a native of Mobile, Ala., who signed late with Central Michigan but did not play in 2020.

1COMMENTS

-Linebacker Ke'Shun Brown, a transfer from Texas A&M who played at Montgomery (Ala.) Carver and is close friends with Harris.

Additionally, the Tigers would like to add an offensive tackle and receiver.

Writer forgot about Donovan Kaufman.

• Like 1

For him to actually have a stat line from a DE position, at Kansas of all places, says something about this kid. He's coming back home.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, slyinsocal said:

For him to actually have a stat line from a DE position, at Kansas of all places, says something about this kid. He's coming back home.

I'm in love with the fact that he's got four years to play. Les Miles might not have been getting it done at Kansas but I still believe this kid was receiving at least decent coaching for two seasons now.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, toddc said:

According to our intel, those two have put a high priority on building up the Tigers defensive front.

Good to see they understand what it takes to win in the SEC.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, toddc said:

Boom boom, out go the lights 

C340E258-EEB8-4E9B-BF4F-AD9829F71E92.png

You are killing me with this Kablooey. Please don't let this stick with the fam. I can't handle hearing myself say "Kablooey" every time I read it.

This is a huge get, though. This kid, along with Tony Fair will be instant impact guys. I don't know that they both are starters (likely) but they are instant pieces in the rotation that will play a pivotal role. 

Edited by Tigerpro2a

1 hour ago, toddc said:

Another guy with four seasons left to play! Again, the transfer portal is good to Auburn. 

Covid year not counting makes everyone more attractive . 

Good pick up.  I'd be interested if we see a lot more of these kids that were passed over in the recruiting cycle, going to a small or bad shcool, doing well then stepping up to a better school.

I've never watched him play, but for a RS Fr those are decent stats vs P5 conference.

10 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

You are killing me with this Kablooey. Please don't let this stick with the fam. I can't handle hearing myself say "Kablooey" every time I read it.

This is a huge get, though. This kid, along with Tony Fair will be instant impact guys. I don't know that they both are starters (likely) but they are instant pieces in the rotation that will play a pivotal role. 

Don’t read my posts then. Since you’re whining about it I’ll use it even more. 😝 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

1. I LOVE kablooey.

2. I will never say it.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I think Fair is a solid starter b/c we really don't have a NT. 

I don't think we're that shallow on the DL and it'll be interested to see how the rotation shakes out.  Harris seems like a Marlon Davidson type who can play but the end and inside on passing downs.  SDE we have both Wooten and Zykeivous Walker.  Walker can slide inside.  Walker is pretty similar to Harris.

Fair/Burks/Truesdall/Walker/Harris/Hunter/Pegues.  That's a pretty good rotation at the two tackle spots with a ton of flexibility based on downs/opponents

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oracle79 said:

Good to see they understand what it takes to win in the SEC.

Interesting comment. He was a 3 star that went to Kansas. We'll see.

I'll take the '3 star' who stood out at Kansas, versus anyone who went there and disappeared, regardless of their rating.

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

I'm in love with the fact that he's got four years to play. Les Miles might not have been getting it done at Kansas but I still believe this kid was receiving at least decent coaching for two seasons now.

You nailed it . Miles created mean big uglies

• Like 1