BO and TJ

aubiefifty

Just now, cole256 said:

I'm saying a third year QB should easily win an all sec selection. Not to mention a former 5 star. He was already gifted sec freshman of the year when he shouldn't have won it so he has people pulling strings for him. 

Over half of his competition is younger and less experienced than him

So now it is a conspiracy of some certain ppl b/c he won a pointless award his Freshman year?  I didn't even know he did that.  But ok.

50% of SEC QBs are true Freshman or true Sophs?  I'd be interested to see if it actually breaks down like that.

Whoever is in the QB room come August I'm putting my trust in Bobo's resume of QBs.  Its stupid impressive when he was at Georgia.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

His Freshman Year?  Bo was actually better.  He improve over last year.  He has 25 starts vs 5 and has been on campus with a 6+ month advantage.  Experience and being on campus and being with the coaches matter.

This isn't a Sr Transfer with 40 starts and a history of success in a similar offense.  If that was the case Bo would probably get beat out

He played well against bad teams and should've been pulled against most of the good ones

3 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Whoever is in the QB room come August I'm putting my trust in Bobo's resume of QBs.  Its stupid impressive when he was at Georgia.

100% agree.

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

So now it is a conspiracy of some certain ppl b/c he won a pointless award his Freshman year?  I didn't even know he did that.  But ok.

50% of SEC QBs are true Freshman or true Sophs?  I'd be interested to see if it actually breaks down like that.

I said he has more experience than 50% I didn't say anything about what class they are in, and no it's no conspiracy everybody knows with awards there are a bunch of politics and it went in his favor for that award. That's facts. So if he can put up decent stats I think those people would still be behind him. 

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

He played well against bad teams and should've been pulled against most of the good ones

You're comparing an offense that was in the top 25% of all of football vs a team that was in the back 1/3rd.

We had so many more issues with Gus than LSU

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I said he has more experience than 50% I didn't say anything about what class they are in, and no it's no conspiracy everybody knows with awards there are a bunch of politics and it went in his favor for that award. That's facts. So if he can put up decent stats I think those people would still be behind him. 

The SEC could have 13 5th year Srs and Bo.  Bo isn't 50% more experienced than the population just b/c he's a tr Junior.

Joe Burrow as awful in his 4th year as a QB.  5th year he was elite.  What changed, coaching.  Could Bo get drastically better just b/c we have a real OC?  I think so.

Edited by W.E.D

Just now, W.E.D said:

You're comparing an offense that was in the top 25% of all of football vs a team that was in the back 1/3rd.

We had so many more issues with Gus than LSU

The offense that Joe burrow had isn't the same that he had. You keep trying manipulate that and I wish you'd stop. It's so dumb nobody addresses it but you seem to keep at it for whatever reason. 

But yes if for one QB you want to point out his performance against certain teams I'm going to do it for the other QB as well

Just now, cole256 said:

The offense that Joe burrow had isn't the same that he had. You keep trying manipulate that and I wish you'd stop. It's so dumb nobody addresses it but you seem to keep at it for whatever reason. 

But yes if for one QB you want to point out his performance against certain teams I'm going to do it for the other QB as well

I'm not manipulating anything.  They had an absurdly better offense than us.  Every QB that replaced TJ performed drastically better.

TJ is probably going from an offense that was similarly as his to ours (people have made that point) and Bo is going from a pinto a real offense.

Yes, there is a difference.

The SEC could have 13 5th year Srs and Bo.  Bo isn't 50% more experienced than the population just b/c he's a tr Junior.

Joe Burrow as awful in his 4th year as a QB.  5th year he was elite.  What changed, coaching.  Could Bo get drastically better just b/c we have a real OC?  I think so.

What? I don't give a **** what class a guy is in. We have the loy guy on our roster but he isn't more experienced than Bo. Bo is  more experienced than half of the QB's in the sec. Actually more than half

• Like 1

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

I'm not manipulating anything.  They had an absurdly better offense than us.  Every QB that replaced TJ performed drastically better.

TJ is probably going from an offense that was similarly as his to ours (people have made that point) and Bo is going from a pinto a real offense.

Yes, there is a difference.

Bo is going from an offense that's actually QB friendly as far as complexity and to keep saying other QB's were better is moot because Bo played for a coach who wouldn't let guys compete with Bo. Another guy could have replaced Bo and did better as well

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

What? I don't give a **** what class a guy is in. We have the loy guy on our roster but he isn't more experienced than Bo. Bo is  more experienced than half of the QB's in the sec. Actually more than half

That really doesn't matter.  He has 2 years extended HS football.  He's entering his 1 year of development after Gus destroyed him.

18 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

If he was here Jan 1st, there might be a different conversation.

I also think Bo will win the job this fall if Finley comes to Auburn.  However, not because Finley wasn’t here in the Spring.  I think it’s entirely possible for a QB to win a starting job without a Spring at the School and with limited experience.  In 2013 Nick Marshall was named starter for the season opener (missed first half due to a marijuana arrest) after transferring over in the Summer.  He had played CB at Georgia his Freshman year in 2011 and his only college QB experience was at Garden City Community College in 2012 after being dismissed from Georgia.  Despite the late start Marshall not only won the job in 2013 but led AU to an appearance in the National Championship game.

Just now, cole256 said:

Bo is going from an offense that's actually QB friendly as far as complexity and to keep saying other QB's were better is moot because Bo played for a coach who wouldn't let guys compete with Bo. Another guy could have replaced Bo and did better as well

Yeah, and our single read offense was in the back half of football and hasn't been very good for years.

Just b/c it is easy doesn't mean it is good.

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

That really doesn't matter.  He has 2 years extended HS football.  He's entering his 1 year of development after Gus destroyed him.

It doesn't matter to you because you don't know any better. But it does matter

1 minute ago, dilligas said:

I also think Bo will win the job this fall if Finley comes to Auburn.  However, not because Finley wasn’t here in the Spring.  I think it’s entirely possible for a QB to win a starting job without a Spring at the School and with limited experience.  In 2013 Nick Marshall was named starter for the season opener (missed first half due to a marijuana arrest) after transferring over in the Summer.  He had played CB at Georgia his Freshman year in 2011 and his only college QB experience was at Garden City Community College in 2012 after being dismissed from Georgia.  Despite the late start Marshall not only won the job in 2013 but led AU to an appearance in the National Championship game.

I thought Nick Marshall missed the 1st game of 2014 vs Arkansas.  That was when Jeremy Johnson lit it up.

I think the difference in 2013 is we didn't have any other QBs on the roster.

It doesn't matter to you because you don't know any better. But it does matter

lmao, yes I'm ignorant b/c we have a different view.  

Just now, W.E.D said:

Yeah, and our single read offense was in the back half of football and hasn't been very good for years.

Just b/c it is easy doesn't mean it is good.

Don't waste your time repeating things I've said years ago. You miss the point. The point is while you talk timelines tj spent a year learning concepts Bo didn't. So it wouldn't be hard to come believe there are hurdles that he don't have to deal with that Bo does. 

Also don't run away from the fact you keep misrepresenting that tj offense was Joe burrow's and it wasn't close

• Like 2

Just now, cole256 said:

Don't waste your time repeating things I've said years ago. You miss the point. The point is while you talk timelines tj spent a year learning concepts Bo didn't. So it wouldn't be hard to come believe there are hurdles that he don't have to deal with that Bo does. 

So TJ Finely spent time learning and offense that was very good....but

Also don't run away from the fact you keep misrepresenting that tj offense was Joe burrow's and it wasn't close

LSU's offense also wasn't good.

Those two statements contradict themselves.

lmao, yes I'm ignorant b/c we have a different view.  

No you were ignorant in that statement. And you were ignorant to continue to try to discredit my point by simply referring to classification when I explained to you that's not what I was saying beforehand. Yet you continued to do it anyway

4 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I thought Nick Marshall missed the 1st game of 2014 vs Arkansas.  That was when Jeremy Johnson lit it up.

I think the difference in 2013 is we didn't have any other QBs on the roster.

Yes you are right.  I stand corrected.  In 2013 he beat out Jeremy Johnson and Kiehl Frazier so you’re not far off.

• Like 1

Just now, W.E.D said:

So TJ Finely spent time learning and offense that was very good....but

LSU's offense also wasn't good.

Those two statements contradict themselves.

If you show where I said LSU's offense wasn't good I'll log off for a month. If you can't show it you do it. Deal?

Also what you showed doesn't contradict at all. What it does show is tj has spent time learning a pro offense and we are going to a pro offense that's new to Bo. So things like throwing off a back foot which you used as a metric as Bo becoming a good QB may be something that tj doesn't even have to waste time on because he was coached properly or better yet cared enough to correct himself previously

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, cole256 said:

If you show where I said LSU's offense wasn't good I'll log off for a month. If you can't show it you do it. Deal?

Also what you showed doesn't contradict at all. What it does show is tj has spent time learning a pro offense and we are going to a pro offense that's new to Bo. So things like throwing off a back foot which you used as a metric as Bo becoming a good QB may be something that tj doesn't even have to waste time on because he was coached properly or better yet cared enough to correct himself previously

Ok, so then you agree LSU's offense is good?  Yes?

Finely was in a good offense and was pulled in 3/5 games b/c he didn't perform well.

Bo was in a bad offense and didn't perform well.

We agree on this points???

I don't think we can accurately compare them b/c one was in a good offense and one was in a bad offense.  I agree Bo hasn't performed well, but I'm putting a big portion of that blame on Gus

Edited by W.E.D

Just now, W.E.D said:

Ok, so then you agree LSU's offense is good?  Yes?

Finely was in a good offense and was pulled in 3/5 games b/c he didn't perform well.

Bo was in a bad offense and didn't perform well.

I don't think we can accurately compare them b/c one was in a good offense and one was in a bad offense.

You still trying to run away from what you did I see......what I will say is LSU's offense that tj played in wasn't as good as the one Joe burrow played in. So using jb offensive stats for tj is being disingenuous and manipulative. 

Hell I could say well look at what Marshall did in Gus offense. Are you saying that particular offense wasn't good?

The overall point is if you don't think comparing them is accurate then don't use other things to compare them to work in your argument's favor. If I can't say look at how Bo played against good teams then you can't say look at how tj did or vice versa