BO and TJ

aubiefifty

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

Everyone literally is tho.  "He sucked last year, We need a new QB"

You need to stop that. It's just some people aren't as high on him as you. Some people actually go by a guy's play.....those guys are usually more accurate.

• Like 3

Both TJ and Bo have something to prove. TJ's thrown as many D1 interceptions as he has touchdowns and Bo is slightly above average at home and a objectively bad on the road.

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

Both TJ and Bo have something to prove. TJ's thrown as many D1 interceptions as he has touchdowns and Bo is slightly above average at home and a objectively bad on the road.

This would be a really pointless discussion if he doesn’t come here , but if he does ...hold your horses!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cole256 said:

You need to stop that. It's just some people aren't as high on him as you. Some people actually go by a guy's play.....those guys are usually more accurate.

You but both of their play side by side and Bo had a better Comp% over 10 SEC games.  neither looked great last year.  Both had good game and bad games.

10 minutes ago, DAG said:

This would be a really pointless discussion if he doesn’t come here , but if he does ...hold your horses!

Someone mentioned that in the recruiting thread.  Could be all for not.  🤣

23 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Someone mentioned that in the recruiting thread.  Could be all for not.  🤣

That's what makes it fun. You know our fan base is going to play out every possible scenario that could happen if this other scenario happens which causes this to happen and leads to what could be the results of our long debates all offseason. 

My lord I got confused even writing that. Point is...this is who we are lol 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I never understood why people that aren't offering anything in the conversation having a problem with a few people that are having a debate.....

It's you can't stand the fact that attention isn't on you so let's make a joke or have a problem with the other guys, or my favorite I came in to get an update but it's the same people.....That's super lame to me.

I think it is when the same argument bleeds over into multiple threads where no headway is made.  That is where you see people become restless.  You may see in my case in particular, I try to bring some levity.  It is in no way asking for attention.  Everyone could use a chuckle every now and then!

Edited by abw0004

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

I mean I posted about Bo looking better & the response was "Doesn't matter"

Again, you and your lies. No one said it doesn't matter. What I said was it is easy to show improvement when you know you can't get hit. I even went on to agree that with that being said, I did see improvement in his footwork. 

You are the most disingenuous poster on this board. I don't know if that is just you or if you truly just do not read past the 1st few words. It's mind boggling to me how many times you have said crap like this.

1 hour ago, DAG said:

One thing you will see about T.J. is he does show glimpses of standing tall in the pocket even when it breaks down.

Yes. I saw him in the SCar face pressure a few times and deliver the ball from a nice tall platform. That is something Bo Nix rarely does. I will say this....the best play Bo had in the 2020 season was the TD drop to SW in the ironbowl. He stood perfectly in the pocket and delivered a dart while taking a big hit. If he could just be consistent with that and more accurate he would be good. Lot's of work to do and little time to do it.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I think it is when the same argument bleeds over into multiple threads where no headway is made.  That is where you see people become restless.  You may see in my case in particular, I try to bring some levity.  It is in no way asking for attention.  Everyone could use a chuckle every now and then!

You don’t have to open the thread. This thread is titled Bo and TJ. What kills me is the same person came in this thread and posted something not relevant nor funny to the topic.   

The other thread is about TJ. The discussion is about both players. It’s really simple. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

I just purchased more popcorn to be prepared

You guys love the website hits . Don’t deny it 

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

You but both of their play side by side and Bo had a better Comp% over 10 SEC games.  neither looked great last year.  Both had good game and bad games.

What did you see in Finley that you didn't like? Inaccurate, bad throwing motion, bad footwork, bad pocket presence, bad body language, etc? Apologies as I'm sure you've already explained elsewhere, I just haven't read everything. 

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

Ok.....So now, what about this statement you made gives you footing to stand on as far as saying Bo is so much better and can't lose a QB battle?

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

It's a message board.  There are like 4 active threads a day.  Let us be your enjoyment.

51 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I did see improvement in his footwork.

Stat Tiger did a long piece on it.  I think he had 1 throw out of all of them that was off his back foot and it was actually a great throw.  Everything else was him stepping into a pass or when rolling out throwing off the correct foot.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I wasn't talking about you? But what is that? People become restless? Just don't read the post if it's over your head.  There are a few mods, it makes no sense as far as other people feeling like they can determine what can and can't be said. People are so out of whack they really believe that you have to agree with everybody.

That's what every debate is on here after two exchanges the first person to say man you like to argue, wins! If a conversation is being had and if the poster(s) are explaining their thoughts in detail it probably would be best if people shut up and read the thoughts. 

As far as levity that's very subjective because the joke may or may not be funny but that is asking for attention

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Stat Tiger did a long piece on it.  I think he had 1 throw out of all of them that was off his back foot and it was actually a great throw.  Everything else was him stepping into a pass or when rolling out throwing off the correct foot.

So you guys don't see how not good that is?

16 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

What did you see in Finley that you didn't like? Inaccurate, bad throwing motion, bad footwork, bad pocket presence, bad body language, etc? Apologies as I'm sure you've already explained elsewhere, I just haven't read everything. 

It's not so much I dislike a lot of things, I'm really high on him and want him here.  I just don't think he's going to be out Nix in a fall camp, with an entire new playbook, team, etc.  He might not even be here this summer b/c he can't be on scholarship yet, which would lead to even more unknown.

He's young, little experience, was replaced in multiple games and the next QB performed much better.  I think he has talent and think he maybe has a shot next spring or maybe even if Bo is terrible, but it's just too soon right now. 

We can post Bo Nix Highlights and he makes good throws, but we know that isn't the whole story

12 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Ok.....So now, what about this statement you made gives you footing to stand on as far as saying Bo is so much better and can't lose a QB battle?

I never said he can't.  I just don't think he will  It's not like we're bringing in a multiple year starter, that knows the offense, has had good results, etc.  I've even said he'd have more of a shot if he was here this spring.

We have a transfer that wasn't good, even worse than Bo on Comp%, QB Rating, Y/A is lower, and he threw almost the same number of picks as Bo in 2 starts & 3 games where he was pulled vs Bo over the course of 11 games.  So we effectively have a worse QB (playing in a better offense, more talent, better scheme) that is coming in vs the current starter who has a 6 to 8 month advantage with the new coaches.  I think I'm going to go with the house here.

I think the kid can and will be a good QB.  I just don't think it'll be this year.  We're taking him b/c we have a very weak QB depth chart.  If it was someone to replace Bo, it would have been a multiple year starter/Grad transfer.

Edited by W.E.D

6 minutes ago, cole256 said:

So you guys don't see how not good that is?

You mean we don't see that he showed good footwork & some pocket presence in literally the only time we've seen him under the new coaching staff?  Yes it was a spring game, rubber will hit the road in September, but I fail to see observing a QB improving under a new coaching staff being a bad thing.

52 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

It's not so much I dislike a lot of things, I'm really high on him and want him here.  I just don't think he's going to be out Nix in a fall camp, with an entire new playbook, team, etc.  He might not even be here this summer b/c he can't be on scholarship yet, which would lead to even more unknown.

He's young, little experience, was replaced in multiple games and the next QB performed much better.  I think he has talent and think he maybe has a shot next spring or maybe even if Bo is terrible, but it's just too soon right now. 

We can post Bo Nix Highlights and he makes good throws, but we know that isn't the whole story

Right, but I was asking what you watched on film that made you think he can't beat out Bo.

Like, looking at it from the other direction as an Auburn fan who has watched Bo play a lot and saw him making the exactly same mistakes in game 23 that he made in game 1, I have a lot of reasons why I think a lot of guys could come in and win the job. Most of it is about him bailing out of pockets quickly and unnecessarily, not setting his feet, and throwing off his back foot. That of course led to poor stats, but stats don't lose games. The poor play that is measured by stats does.

So I was just wondering what Finley did that you saw on film that resulted in his poor stats that you don't think he can overcome enough to beat Bo for the job here. Again, throwing motion? Poor decision making? Anything specific you can critique? I've never watched the guy play, so I don't know what he can or can't do. 

Edited by McLoofus

6 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I wasn't talking about you? But what is that? People become restless? Just don't read the post if it's over your head.  There are a few mods, it makes no sense as far as other people feeling like they can determine what can and can't be said. People are so out of whack they really believe that you have to agree with everybody.

That's what every debate is on here after two exchanges the first person to say man you like to argue, wins! If a conversation is being had and if the poster(s) are explaining their thoughts in detail it probably would be best if people shut up and read the thoughts. 

As far as levity that's very subjective because the joke may or may not be funny but that is asking for attention

I wasn't saying you were directing that at me my friend.  Nor was I firing any shots.  I was just saying how I could see how some people may get tired of some subjects taking over threads.  Not this one in particular as it is on subject, but in general.  It is like, if you are really interested to see if there is any new news on if Scoot commits to Auburn or the G-League and you see the thread title is bold (which means there are unread posts), and you go in to find we are talking about something unrelated.  That is all I was trying to say.

10 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Nobody likes mimes, but people keep being mimes and getting up every day just knowing that's the day they're going to make someone who just wants to get where they're going smile. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

I never said he can't.  I just don't think he will  It's not like we're bringing in a multiple year starter, that knows the offense, has had good results, etc.  I've even said he'd have more of a shot if he was here this spring.

We have a transfer that wasn't good, even worse than Bo on Comp%, QB Rating, Y/A is lower, and he threw almost the same number of picks as Bo in 2 starts & 3 games where he was pulled vs Bo over the course of 11 games.  So we effectively have a worse QB (playing in a better offense, more talent, better scheme) that is coming in vs the current starter who has a 6 to 8 month advantage with the new coaches.  I think I'm going to go with the house here.

I have no problem of you just saying I don't think he beats him. It was the embellishing of Bo that got me. 

But you are comparing an experienced Bo to a first year guy. Biggest jumps are usually between the freshman and sophomore years. And saying he was pulled and using that is a bit disingenuous to me since Bo was playing for a coach who got rid of talent to coddle him.

If he chooses to come here that would say alot imo

• Like 2