BO and TJ

aubiefifty

11 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

You mean we don't see that he showed good footwork & some pocket presence in literally the only time we've seen him under the new coaching staff?  Yes it was a spring game, rubber will hit the road in September, but I fail to see observing a QB improving under a new coaching staff being a bad thing.

No applauding that a QB was good at not throwing off his back foot.....That's like in basketball making a big deal about a guard actually hit a few free throws. Or a.running back that runs. Or a wrmaking a normal 5 yard catch

Edited by cole256
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I wasn't saying you were directing that at me my friend.  Nor was I firing any shots.  I was just saying how I could see how some people may get tired of some subjects taking over threads.  Not this one in particular as it is on subject, but in general.  It is like, if you are really interested to see if there is any new news on if Scoot commits to Auburn or the G-League and you see the thread title is bold (which means there are unread posts), and you go in to find we are talking about something unrelated.  That is all I was trying to say.

You put yourself as an example in your original comment, and nobody said you are firing shots. But as far as getting tired and the example you used, ok they clicked the link.....just click back. Adding a dumb comment sure doesn't help. And then to top it off a bunch of times you'll see the person that does that ask a dumb question or have a dumb statement that if they had just read some stuff they wouldn't be derailing a thread in the future

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DAG said:

You guys love the website hits . Don’t deny it 

Absolutely that's why I need so much p'corn to read this thread:poke::popcorn:

6 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Everyone:  Bo is awful, isn't going to get better any time soon, Harsin likes a different type of QB, this Fr from LSU is drastically better and will win the job day 1.

Again...the way you manipulate words and twist what people say is almost admirable if I didn't think it was sleezy. You have perfected that craft at least.

2 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Absolutely that's why I need so much p'corn to read this thread:poke::popcorn:

Magic mushrooms 🍄 couldn’t make this thread make sense. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Right, but I was asking what you watched on film that made you think he can't beat out Bo.

Like, looking at it from the other direction as an Auburn fan who has watched Bo play a lot and saw him making the exactly same mistakes in game 23 that he made in game 1, I have a lot of reasons why I think a lot of guys could come in and win the job. Most of it is about him bailing out of pockets quickly and unnecessarily, not setting his feet, and throwing off his back foot. That of course led to poor stats, but stats don't lose games. The poor play that is measured by stats does.

So I was just wondering what Finley did that you saw on film that resulted in his poor stats that you don't think he can overcome enough to beat Bo for the job here. Again, throwing motion? Poor decision making? Anything specific you can critique? I've never watched the guy play, so I don't know what he can or can't do. 

Judging anyone on the disaster of Gus's final season seems a bit premature.  That's just me.

I see a kid that made some terrible decisions.  5 picks in essentially 3.5 games.  He was horribly inaccurate.  

4 hours ago, cole256 said:

I have no problem of you just saying I don't think he beats him. It was the embellishing of Bo that got me. 

But you are comparing an experienced Bo to a first year guy. Biggest jumps are usually between the freshman and sophomore years. And saying he was pulled and using that is a bit disingenuous to me since Bo was playing for a coach who got rid of talent to coddle him.

If he chooses to come here that would say alot imo

I don't think I'm embellishing Bo.  Gus has never had a QB that took a leap.  That is on Gus.  Gus did more harm to everyone on this roster than many coaches in recently history.

And no, Bo's first year is better than TJ's First year.  Freshman to Freshman Bo had a higher QB Rating.

4 hours ago, cole256 said:

No applauding that a QB was good at not throwing off his back foot.....That's like in basketball making a big deal about a guard actually hit a few free throws. Or a.running back that runs. Or a wrmaking a normal 5 yard catch

No one is applauding him.  He made one throw of 20 off his back foot.  Last year it was 50% or more.  We see change happening, but we just disregard it b/c whatever makes us feel better.

50 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Again...the way you manipulate words and twist what people say is almost admirable if I didn't think it was sleezy. You have perfected that craft at least.

Everyone*.  And many think he'll start day 1

*almost

Edited by W.E.D
  • Facepalm 1

17 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Judging anyone on the disaster of Gus's final season seems a bit premature.  That's just me.

I see a kid that made some terrible decisions.  5 picks in essentially 3.5 games.  He was horribly inaccurate.  

So you haven't actually watched him play. Gotcha.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

19 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

So you haven't actually watched him play. Gotcha.

Yes, I have.  A minute of highlights in this thread don't tell the whole story.  I could toss up some Bo clips where he looked good.  But yes, 5 picks & 57% passing is a great QB.  He dominated one of the worst teams in the country though one time!!!

And yeah, I'd bet their offensive coordinator didn't try to force passes against the best DB in all of college football.  

44 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

That’s strange. True freshman QB starters thrust into a starting role due to injures on a team depleted from the previous years draft usually flourish in the SEC. Especially against all of the weak defenses and inexperienced defensive coordinators. 😒

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I don't think I'm embellishing Bo.  Gus has never had a QB that took a leap.  That is on Gus.  Gus did more harm to everyone on this roster than many coaches in recently history.

And no, Bo's first year is better than TJ's First year.  Freshman to Freshman Bo had a higher QB Rating.

Gus was terrible with QBs. Also, I can think of several QBs under Gus that performed better than Bo. It can be two things. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Yes, I have.  A minute of highlights in this thread don't tell the whole story.  I could toss up some Bo clips where he looked good.  But yes, 5 picks & 57% passing is a great QB.  He dominated one of the worst teams in the country though one time!!!

And yeah, I'd bet their offensive coordinator didn't try to force passes against the best DB in all of college football.  

Keep spouting the same stats over and over and over... and over... and over... and over... Doesn't equal watching him play. You're literally incapable of critiquing the way he plays.

Also, as everyone keeps telling you, the constant hyperbole is super annoying and really compromises the salient points buried underneath. Nobody is saying the guy is great. You're the only one speaking in extremes about either QB. Such as making all these excuses for Bo while making a bunch of assumptions about the coaching Finley received. Do regale us with LSU's offensive dominance in the post-Joe Brady era.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

That’s strange. True freshman QB starters thrust into a starting role due to injures on a team depleted from the previous years draft usually flourish in the SEC. Especially against all of the weak defenses and inexperienced defensive coordinators. 😒

So fresh of a season he wasn't ready to start and performed poorly, he's a lock as Auburn's starter. 

Seems weird 

26 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Keep spouting the same stats over and over and over... and over... and over... and over... Doesn't equal watching him play. You're literally incapable of critiquing the way he plays.

Also, as everyone keeps telling you, the constant hyperbole is super annoying and really compromises the salient points buried underneath. Nobody is saying the guy is great. You're the only one speaking in extremes about either QB. Such as making all these excuses for Bo while making a bunch of assumptions about the coaching Finley received. Do regale us with LSU's offensive dominance in the post-Joe Brady era.

Yes the numbers lie bc you really watched all his games where 3 of 5 games he was removed and the back up played better. 

Sure scout, lol. 

The kid is talented, but he does not seem to be ready to start in the SEC. He wasn't last year and has a whole new playbook to learn. It's OK to have young QBs learn. They all aren't Trevor Lawrence or Justin Fields 

Edited by W.E.D

17 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

So fresh of a season he wasn't ready to start and performed poorly, he's a lock as Auburn's starter. 

Seems weird 

I admit I haven't read all of this, but where did anyone say he's a lock as Auburn's starter?

@McLoofusand others nailed it. It's the constant hyperbole that sinks your argument. You are arguing against things no one ever said. 

If Bo starts over Finley, will you claim victory? Because we all recognize that possibility. The difference is most of us are also willing to discuss another possibility. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

23 minutes ago, cbo said:

I admit I haven't read all of this, but where did anyone say he's a lock as Auburn's starter?

Yes, ppl itt do.

hth

31 minutes ago, cbo said:

If Bo starts over Finley, will you claim victory?

I'm not here to claim victory. I'm posting my opinions. If they happen to be right, so be it. If they are wrong I'm not going to hide from them 

5 hours ago, bigbird said:

I came in to get an update but it's the same people....

Here you go...Bo's offseason QB training video...

11 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Here you go...Bo's offseason QB training video...

This is the year. Bo Nix has improved so much under this new offense. He's focused. He's having fun.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's a dark horse for the Heisman. 

• Haha 3

56 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Yes, ppl itt do.

hth

I think you're saying people have posted that Bo is a lock to start. 

It would help if you would share that post. Not saying you're wrong, but I haven't seen it. 

52 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I'm not here to claim victory. I'm posting my opinions. If they happen to be right, so be it. If they are wrong I'm not going to hide from them 

Fair enough. I haven't seen evidence to claim otherwise.