BO and TJ

aubiefifty

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

So you went right back to stats, right back to arguing against things nobody has said, and even tried your hand at a truly childish insult. The Mikey comparison is a good one.

You've succeeded in getting a lot of attention for yourself in a very short time around here. Congratulations. I don't think you'll be getting a whole lot more of mine.

I scream right past every one of his posts now. Not worth the effort to read.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, gravejd said:

9 pages and TJ is not even on the team. Impressive my dudes!!

Fitty snuck a recruiting thread into the main forum. Clever of him, I must say. 

It’s close to time to end this thread. But I did want to add this, assuming we get Finley.

AU QB Room in December: Bo, Loy, Garnett

AU QB Room in August: Bo, Davis, Finley

Marked improvement, and I would argue our strongest group in many years. WDE 🦅

• Like 3

2 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Yes, I am.  Gus was really that horrible.

No, I've also done Fr to Fr.  Bo was better.

We have exactly one data point of Bo actually getting good coaching for the first time in his life.  If you want to completely ignore that and hand waive that it doesn't matter, do you.

But I'll go with what we saw and was saw Bo do a few things that he's never done before, even in spring games.

The entire point of what makes playing QB hard is the pressure of being hit, you saying taking that is like trying to hype up two hand touch to be the equivalent of tackle it's very stupid. If you go look at his film during a day when Gus was the coach he didn't throw off his back foot then either. 

But once again this is a metric middle school coaches use to evaluate their QB.... One of our wr is going to be all sec as well because he looks the ball in as he catches it too I imagine

22 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

It’s close to time to end this thread. But I did want to add this, assuming we get Finley.

Something we all agree with

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Right? I want to start feeling like Bama with the Jalen hurts, Tua and Mac photo. That's some talent. 

• Like 1

I was just trying to talk about the football of the subject.....It's a clown show now though

49 minutes ago, gravejd said:

9 pages and TJ is not even on the team. Impressive my dudes!!

Yeah, but doesn't 10 pages sound even better?  We can get there, I know it.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, cole256 said:

The entire point of what makes playing QB hard is the pressure of being hit, you saying taking that is like trying to hype up two hand touch to be the equivalent of tackle it's very stupid. If you go look at his film during a day when Gus was the coach he didn't throw off his back foot then either. 

But once again this is a metric middle school coaches use to evaluate their QB.... One of our wr is going to be all sec as well because he looks the ball in as he catches it too I imagine

No one is hyping it.  I'm saying we saw something that looked positive.  Might not happen in a game, but we'll see.

No one is saying Bo will be all SEC.  Large gap from just improving to being All SEC.

Edit: Bo was 11/16 in his first A-Day.  More proof Gus made him worse like he does all QBs.  Bobo/Harsin can fix him

Edited by W.E.D

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

No one is hyping it.  I'm saying we saw something that looked positive.  Might not happen in a game, but we'll see.

No one is saying Bo will be all SEC.  Large gap from just improving to being All SEC

So after all of your talk you don't even think he can be all sec? Like really what are you doing?

And you're preaching gaps when you made a point to say a guy saying a QB may have a chance to start is saying he's a lock to start? You're hypocrisy is starting to slip out and show sir.

Ok, I agree then. I guarantee Bo improves from not having fundamentals to having better fundamentals. If that's all we are saying. I agree that he won't be allowed to throw off his back foot as much this year

Just now, cole256 said:

So after all of your talk you don't even think he can be all sec? Like really what are you doing?

And you're preaching gaps when you made a point to say a guy saying a QB may have a chance to start is saying he's a lock to start? You're hypocrisy is starting to slip out and show sir.

I've always said he can improve and be better.  That's a long way from going to a top 3 QB in the SEC.  I think we all want an All SEC QB but there probably isn't one on our roster in 2021 even if TJ Finely comes here.

Bo can be better doesn't mean he's going to with in the Heisman 

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

Ok, I agree then. I guarantee Bo improves from not having fundamentals to having better fundamentals. If that's all we are saying. I agree that he won't be allowed to throw off his back foot as much this year

So.....we agree.  And having better fundamentals in a real offense...he'll be a better QB.  Glad we hashed this out

15 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I've always said he can improve and be better.  That's a long way from going to a top 3 QB in the SEC.  I think we all want an All SEC QB but there probably isn't one on our roster in 2021 even if TJ Finely comes here.

Bo can be better doesn't mean he's going to with in the Heisman 

Winning the heisman and being all sec when he's a 3 year starter is two different things. 

14 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

So.....we agree.  And having better fundamentals in a real offense...he'll be a better QB.  Glad we hashed this out

Yes I agree he should be better just as my 7 year old cousin will be closer of a good QB than he was when he was 6

• Love 1

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Winning the heisman and being all sec when he's a 3 year starter is two different things. 

My guy, I'm not sure you got my obvious meme.  Someone else responded to you and told you.  That was a big twitter/reddit meme about bo being a dark horse for the heisman.  It was a joke.

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Yes I agree he should be better just as my 7 year old cousin will be closer of a good QB than he was when he was 6

Yes, so I'm glad we've established players can get better, especially with legit coaching.

So, Bo can be better than years past.  IMO, a better Bo beats out a transfer who has played 5 games and will only be on scholarship for about 3 weeks before we start putting in the game plan.

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

My guy, I'm not sure you got my obvious meme.  Someone else responded to you and told you.  That was a big twitter/reddit meme about bo being a dark horse for the heisman.  It was a joke.

No I didn't see it and that's fine but my point is being on the sec team should be his minimum. It shouldn't be some high Mark to do. That should be a minimum expectation

Just now, W.E.D said:

Yes, so I'm glad we've established players can get better, especially with legit coaching.

So, Bo can be better than years past.  IMO, a better Bo beats out a transfer who has played 5 games and will only be on scholarship for about 3 weeks before we start putting in the game plan.

See now you are showing that you just want to argue. But just like Bo can be better the other guy can be better. And the other guy showed more potential so it's fine that you believe it. But it's certainly believable the other guy can win it too

9 minutes ago, cole256 said:

No I didn't see it and that's fine but my point is being on the sec team should be his minimum. It shouldn't be some high Mark to do. That should be a minimum expectation

I agree, I'd wish everyone was all sec 1st team.  You're right, that should be the goal.  It doesn't mean everyone is going to do it or a transfer will make it happen.

All SEC isn't a bad high mark.  I bet you if we had 22 All SEC selections we'd be in the Natty

Edited by W.E.D

8 minutes ago, cole256 said:

See now you are showing that you just want to argue. But just like Bo can be better the other guy can be better. And the other guy showed more potential so it's fine that you believe it. But it's certainly believable the other guy can win it too

No, I'm explaining to you how logic we both agree on fits into my opinion that I'm expressing.

If the Finely comes in and actually beats Bo out, I'm wrong and that's fine.  I want the best player in 2021 to start for Auburn.  I don't think a guy that dominated awful teams and was pulled from any team with a pulse is really going to be our answer in '21. 

I'm long on Finely.  I really like him as a prospect and a kids that could be really really good for Auburn.  I just don't think he's our answer THIS year.  If he was here Jan 1st, there might be a different conversation.

5 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

No, I'm explaining to you how logic we both agree on fits into my opinion that I'm expressing.

If the Finely comes in and actually beats Bo out, I'm wrong and that's fine.  I want the best player in 2021 to start for Auburn.  I don't think a guy that dominated awful teams and was pulled from any team with a pulse is really going to be our answer in '21. 

I'm long on Finely.  I really like him as a prospect and a kids that could be really really good for Auburn.  I just don't think he's our answer THIS year.  If he was here Jan 1st, there might be a different conversation.

That's exactly what Bo did though

10 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I agree, I'd wish everyone was all sec 1st team.  You're right, that should be the goal.  It doesn't mean everyone is going to do it or a transfer will make it happen.

All SEC isn't a bad high mark.  I bet you if we had 22 All SEC selections we'd be in the Natty

I'm saying a third year QB should easily win an all sec selection. Not to mention a former 5 star. He was already gifted sec freshman of the year when he shouldn't have won it so he has people pulling strings for him. 

Over half of his competition is younger and less experienced than him

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

That's exactly what Bo did though

His Freshman Year?  Bo was actually better.  He improve over last year.  He has 25 starts vs 5 and has been on campus with a 6+ month advantage.  Experience and being on campus and being with the coaches matter.

This isn't a Sr Transfer with 40 starts and a history of success in a similar offense.  If that was the case Bo would probably get beat out