BO and TJ

aubiefifty

1 hour ago, cbo said:

@McLoofusand others nailed it. It's the constant hyperbole that sinks your argument. You are arguing against things no one ever said. 

There is a straw man in nearly every one of his post. Other than that Ole man WED seems alright lol. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, W.E.D said:

I don't think I'm embellishing Bo.  Gus has never had a QB that took a leap.  That is on Gus.  Gus did more harm to everyone on this roster than many coaches in recently history.

And no, Bo's first year is better than TJ's First year.  Freshman to Freshman Bo had a higher QB Rating.

But you are embellishing him, and you're making a bunch of excuses for him. 

And I know the stats, but you have been comparing Bo stats this year to tj this year. And of course if you just go to look at a stat Bo's is going to be better if he played an entire year. He's going to have the stats against the suck teams to use. I could pick out stats against random sec teams Bo's freshman year and the stats would be alot closer. Actually Bo's stats the first 3 games of this past year as well. I don't know why you keep trying to be sneaky with stats

4 hours ago, W.E.D said:

No one is applauding him.  He made one throw of 20 off his back foot.  Last year it was 50% or more.  We see change happening, but we just disregard it b/c whatever makes us feel better.

You weren't applauding him? Is that what you just said? And you say you see this change happening in an A day game where he can't even be sacked? I'm sorry that is just dumb. That's a very dumb thing to say. And stop it with the we. 

To have to point out how a 3 year starter didn't throw off his back foot and then make that to he's a dark horse heisman contender is absolutely pathetic. 

Just asking for a friend.

Has anyone seen W.E.D and mikey at the same place at the same time?

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

5 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Doppelganger.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cole256 said:

To have to point out how a 3 year starter didn't throw off his back foot and then make that to he's a dark horse heisman contender is absolutely pathetic. 

While I completely agree with you, I do have to say I believe that WED was trying to make an attempt at funny with the Dark Horse quote. That has been all over the internet since A-Day. 

I hope that is what he was doing at least. If not, I fear he may be too far gone. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, W.E.D said:

So fresh of a season he wasn't ready to start and performed poorly, he's a lock as Auburn's starter. 

Seems weird 

Fresh off a season he wasn’t ready and performed poorly, AU, Bama, Texas, and PSU are recruiting him. Seems even weirder. And I never said he would start. Not one time. 

9 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Yes the numbers lie bc you really watched all his games where 3 of 5 games he was removed and the back up played better. 

Sure scout, lol. 

The kid is talented, but he does not seem to be ready to start in the SEC. He wasn't last year and has a whole new playbook to learn. It's OK to have young QBs learn. They all aren't Trevor Lawrence or Justin Fields 

So you went right back to stats, right back to arguing against things nobody has said, and even tried your hand at a truly childish insult. The Mikey comparison is a good one.

You've succeeded in getting a lot of attention for yourself in a very short time around here. Congratulations. I don't think you'll be getting a whole lot more of mine.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, cbo said:

Fair enough. I haven't seen evidence to claim otherwise. 

I've said in the other thread that maybe I'm blinded by knowing how terrible Gus was and how awful he was for QBs.  HIs offense, play scheme, play calling, etc ruins QBs.  Almost every QB has gotten worse.  We can all agree about how awful Gus was.

You're right, Bo hasn't been that great yet.  Due to poor roster management he was forced to start.  Gatewood was a rsFR he shouldn't have started either.  Nearly all QBs need time to develop and aren't ready their first two years.  I think this applies to both Bo and TJ.

Bo looked better in the spring game (Footwork/progression/not bailing immediately) and Harsin was pretty complementary of him, has also noted Bo's work ethic and getting better every day.  I think everyone (except Tank) will be better on offense than last year.  We have better coaching (especially QB), better designed offense, etc.  Incoming Tides rise all ships.

8 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Not a single person in this thread said TJ is a lock to be AU's starter. Not one. 

@DAGbelieves TJ will win the starting job.  We've established this

6 hours ago, cole256 said:

But you are embellishing him, and you're making a bunch of excuses for him. 

Yes, I am.  Gus was really that horrible.

And I know the stats, but you have been comparing Bo stats this year to tj this year.

No, I've also done Fr to Fr.  Bo was better.

You weren't applauding him? Is that what you just said? And you say you see this change happening in an A day game where he can't even be sacked? I'm sorry that is just dumb. That's a very dumb thing to say. And stop it with the we

We have exactly one data point of Bo actually getting good coaching for the first time in his life.  If you want to completely ignore that and hand waive that it doesn't matter, do you.

But I'll go with what we saw and was saw Bo do a few things that he's never done before, even in spring games.

and then make that to he's a dark horse heisman contender is absolutely pathetic. 

lol that was a twitter meme

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

Actually

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

While I completely agree with you, I do have to say I believe that WED was trying to make an attempt at funny with the Dark Horse quote. That has been all over the internet since A-Day. 

I hope that is what he was doing at least. If not, I fear he may be too far gone. 

That's What She Said: Energy News for the Week of August 2 in GIFs from The  Office | Chester Energy and Policy

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

Me making fun of him and arguing against him in the recruiting forum is all a rouse!!!  You've outed me!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

Fresh off a season he wasn’t ready and performed poorly, AU, Bama, Texas, and PSU are recruiting him. Seems even weirder. And I never said he would start. Not one time. 

This is to my entire point.  He's a good QB prospect.  I want him.

Do you think he's expected to start at Bama this season?  NO.  A&M is recruiting him too.  Is he expected to start?  Probably not.

He's a really good prospect.  We recruit really good HS players every year.  We don't expect all of them to start day 1

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

So you went right back to stats, right back to arguing against things nobody has said, and even tried your hand at a truly childish insult. The Mikey comparison is a good one.

You've succeeded in getting a lot of attention for yourself in a very short time around here. Congratulations. I don't think you'll be getting a whole lot more of mine.

I actually didn't put any stats in that post. What are you talking about lol.  Being pulled in 3 of 5 games isn't really a "stat" for QBs.

You're triggered b/c I don't agree with you. It's fine.  it's not like we're being mean to each other.  It's a discussion.  Just have it and don't get your feelings hurt b/c I disagree with you.

20 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

@DAGbelieves TJ will win the starting job.  We've established this

Believing and saying someone absolutely will is two different things. If you are going to tag me at least don’t lie about it. You are a weird dude man. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

Believing and saying someone absolutely will is two different things. If you are going to tag me at least don’t lie about it. You are a weird dude man. 

Which ever way you spin it.

You Prediction: TJ Finely will win the starting job

Yes?  I haven't seen you put a % on it or say maybe or 60/40.  So I take that has he'll win the starting job.

Edited by W.E.D

When the Coach says both quarterbacks will play.................................unreasonable conclusions can be made, apparently.

• Like 1

Just now, W.E.D said:

Which ever way you spin it.

You Prediction: TJ Finely will win the starting job

Yes?

No

my prediction is he has as good a chance to start if he comes and competes for it. If you can’t understand difference between that versus saying someone will start or has no chance , I have nothing for you. Now please don’t tag me in anymore post, if you can’t at least show the proof.

Like I said , you are acting like a huge weirdo right now. 

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

No

my prediction is he has as good a chance to start if he comes and competes for it. If you can’t understand difference between that versus saying someone will start or has no chance , I have nothing for you. Now please don’t tag me in anymore post, if you can’t at least show the proof.

Like I said , you are acting like a huge weirdo right now. 

he can't

• Like 2