BO and TJ

aubiefifty

Just now, DAG said:

No

my prediction is he has as good a chance to start if he comes and competes for it. If you can’t understand difference between that versus saying someone will start or has no chance , I have nothing for you. Now please don’t tag me in anymore post, if you can’t at least show the proof.

Like I said , you are acting like a huge weirdo right now. 

You're all over the place, but OK.

We've gone from "he'll give bo a good run for his money" to...  

22 hours ago, DAG said:

I said I believe he can be a starter from day 1

Now we're back to "Has a good chance"

So, right now we're at "He has a chance.  Maybe, maybe not"

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

So how are these post different? He has a good chance. So basically you lied and you won't admit it. You can't find a single post of me guaranteeing he will win the job here. LOL

But I found a post of you saying HE WON'T WIN. That is an absolute declarations. Again, I am not going to keep going back and forth. You don't want to have a discussion. You just want to lie.

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

Dumbass

If one believes someone could be the starter that would imply that he has a good chance and will give the others a good run to be as well.

Can anyone possibly be this damn stupid?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

So how are these post different? He has a good chance. So basically you lied and you won't admit it. You can't find a single post of me guaranteeing he will win the job here. LOL

But I found a post of you saying HE WON'T WIN. That is an absolute declarations. Again, I am not going to keep going back and forth. You don't want to have a discussion. You just want to lie.

Maybe we have a different view of the word "believing"

You believe he is going to be the starter from day 1.  Yes?  That's your quote, not a lie.

Me saying "He's not going to win" is not different from "I believe he's not going to win".  Both are my opinion and belief.

Ok, so everyone has their opinion but are too scared to stand by it.  Got it.

Bo is a lock to be the starter b/c that is my opinion.  Everyone else can be wishy washy and live in ambiguity.

1 minute ago, auburnphan said:

No. He knows he's wrong and he's embarrassed, but he's dug in his heels and for whatever reason, his self-esteem dictates that he has to keep digging rather than admit defeat. He is very much like Mikey in that way. We've reached the point where literally all of us see the issue, including the one clown pretending he doesn't. There's really no use in continuing on with people like that. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Me saying "He's not going to win" is not different from "I believe he's not going to win".  Both are my opinion and belief.

JMO, but The first is an absolute statement and the 2nd is an opinion. The difference is with the addition of, "I believe". "I believe", "in my opinion", "to me", etc. all change the absolute to a possibility.

• Thanks 1

Just now, McLoofus said:

He knows he's wrong and he's embarrassed,

lol trust me, nothing on a message board is going to hurt my pride.  Don't pretend this is real life with any implication.

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

but he's dug in his heels and for whatever reason, his self-esteem dictates that he has to keep digging rather than admit defeat.

I'm taking peoples words as opinions and matter of fact.  Maybe that's on me.  If you say "i believe he's going to be the starter from day 1" I'm taking that as what you think is going to happen.

For me, I believe/guarantee Bo will be the starter day 1.  Sure, I could be wrong but that is my stance.  When someone else tells me they believe something is going to happen that is how I interpret it. 

So if @dag feels differently, then I'm wrong. That's fine.  He doesn't "believe TJ will be the starter on day 1" he "believes TJ has a chance to be the starter on day 1".  Those are two different statements, and if he goes with the later then that's OK

4 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Bo is a lock to be the starter b/c that is my opinion. 

Your opinion has no bearing on who the starter will be.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

No. He knows he's wrong and he's embarrassed, but he's dug in his heels and for whatever reason, his self-esteem dictates that he has to keep digging rather than admit defeat. He is very much like Mikey in that way. We've reached the point where literally all of us see the issue, including the one clown pretending he doesn't. There's really no use in continuing on with people like that. 

Exactly this. 

This is ironic because he likes to accuse me of not wanting people to disagree with me, but I enjoy discourse and learning. Heck, we are one of the few posters who can admit we are wrong on this forum. That is why I always laugh when people say things like that because they are usually too proud to admit they're wrong. You are right. You might as well not even engage with that person anymore.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

JMO, but The first is an absolute statement and the 2nd is an opinion. The difference is with the addition of, "I believe". "I believe", "in my opinion", "to me", etc. all change the absolute to a possibility.

And as I said above I don't read them that differently.  That's why I've asked DAG a couple times for clarification.  

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

100% agree.  I'm just an idiot posting on a message board while jobs run on my work computer.

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Absolute truth versus opinion. Wow, do we have to go into teaching mode now?

• Like 1

Just now, DAG said:

This is ironic because he likes to accuse me of not wanting people to disagree with me

Huh?  When have I ever accused you of not wanting ppl to disagree with you?  Do you word that poorly?  I don't think I've ever had an opinion of people wanting to disagree with you.

13 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Dumbass

If one believes someone could be the starter that would imply that he has a good chance and will give the others a good run to be as well.

I put this dude on ignore probably 2 days after he joined. I can't believe anyone would waste their time attempting a logical discussion of any kind with him. It just ain't gonna happen. My recommendation is do the same and move on. You ain't gonna miss him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, DAG said:

Are we really going to discuss of message board posters have an bearing on the outcome of something?

Yeah no sht.  We all post our opinions and beliefs about what is going to happen.

If the 1st was true I'm not sure Auburn would have lost a game in the existence of the internet. 

1 minute ago, DAG said:

prudent-george-w-bush.gif

1 minute ago, boisnumber1 said:

I put this dude on ignore probably 2 days after he joined. I can't believe anyone would waste their time attempting a logical discussion of any kind with him. It just ain't gonna happen. My recommendation is do the same and move on. You ain't gonna miss him.

Yet here we are, me on your mind 5 months later.  Thanks, babe

2 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

It is worth repeating. It is going to be a huge let down if this discussion happens and T.J. doesn't come BLAH.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

This is ironic because he likes to accuse me of not wanting people to disagree with me, but I enjoy discourse and learning. Heck, we are one of the few posters who can admit we are wrong on this forum.

Only highlighting the second sentence because it wasn't that long ago I was accused of being the opposite way. It's particularly valuable coming from someone with whom I've disagreed frequently and sometimes very contentiously. :)

As for the first sentence, of course you don't want people to disagree with you. We all enjoy being right. But most of us understand that we get there via the discourse and learning you mention. 

• Love 1

1 minute ago, DAG said:

It is worth repeating. It is going to be a huge let down if this discussion happens and T.J. doesn't come BLAH.

Although it has revealed some truths and given proper weight to some of the viewpoints that will populate the board going forward. 

10 hours ago, AUDevil said:

Here you go...Bo's offseason QB training video...

Thanks for sharing and good for Bo.  Personally, I really hope he improves to not only remain the starter but become elite before he graduates.  That is just me of course and my hopes/opinion.  Just a really big fan of his.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

I'd be more disappointed that he doesn't come vs the outcome/fall out of this thread