Auburn vs Penn State — Game Thread

RunInRed

1 minute ago, AUTigergrad08 said:

Bro open your eyes.  

Cole wasn't wrong. 

Hey y’all. Vols fan here (yeah I know). Just had to pop in and say how much bs that targeting call was. He was literally trying to stop a TD and didn’t make contact with the head.  What more can you ask if someone? I hate the rule and this is the epitome of why.  

2 minutes ago, Pedaler said:

This rule is killing the sport. No common sense applied at all.

I completely agree. It’s getting bad to watch. I get player safety, but dang, you can’t completely tie the defense’s hands. Come on. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SCTiger2011 said:

He had put his hand on the ground to try and lunge for the end zone.  He can't both be trying to score and be a defenseless player.  Terrible call

Absolutely agree. If he had not hit him he would when scored. Ridiculous he can be ruled defenseless and he’s stil clearly making a move for the goal line. 

3 minutes ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

Gotta get rid of the disqualification there. Penalize it but don't toss anyone. 

Yeah...

Probably need a yellow card -> red card sort of thing here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, SRBautigerfan said:

So a defensive player's choice is stop the TD and take a penalty or let him score.  That's BS.

Not only that, but take a penalty and get ejected for doing your job. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

Lol ok. Keep blitzing and covering everybody at the same time! Why don't everybody run that defense lol

Why don’t we let Clifford continue to pick us apart with no pressure?  Great idea.  Oh snap, he’s been doing that all game.  

Who's going to be the first coach to walk his team off the field after a call like that in protest (and then not be crucified by his own fans)?