WR coach Cornelius Williams fired

Barnacle

Just now, japantiger said:

Actually, our WR play made us look like a clown show...this was obvious as far back as A-Day...this sends a message to everyone.  He replaced the 3rd team all SEC QB; and now a coach.  His post game comments made it clear...come prepared to play and get better or go home.  

But the o line coach is ok. The wr's messed up a bunch.....They also can't get a decent ball to work with either. If heads were going to roll there should be plenty

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Barnacle said:

I really don't believe it's purely about performance, i.e. catches and drops. Harsin has been acting like the WR room as a whole doesn't know the offense, don't know where they are supposed to be, and don't know what they are supposed to be doing. If that's the case, what do you do as a coach? Those comments came after Penn State. If Harsin addressed it last week, and the same problems persisted yesterday, you are supposed to keep that coach around?

I don't have a problem with it. It shows there's a sense of urgency. Why wait til season's end if it's inevitable. The same people complaining about it are probably some of the ones that yelled about Gus keeping Kodi Burns around way too long.

• Like 1

Just now, AUCE05 said:

What were you told? Just preface with a rumor tag. You can't drop that then give no details 

I already said what I have been told it's on the first page. 🤷 I can't say anymore because I don't have anymore right now 🤣

9 minutes ago, BigBlueWDE said:

Directing "you better win games buddy" at CBH is a terrible statement to make. He looks like an immature privileged brat that just lost one of his sources for info on the staff. 

WRs are far and away the worst position group on the field every Saturday. It's been that way for the past 3 games...dropped TD throws, fumble at a key moment, slow guys that can't jump running the 50/50 deep routes, false starts, blocking in the back, missed blocks, falling down when wide open...it's is ridiculous. They are THE reason we lost @PSU

The OL couldn’t block against a 1-2 G5 team and the receivers who were making insane catches in the 4th quarter had the worst performance to you…okay lol 

1 minute ago, autiger88 said:

I already said what I have been told it's on the first page. 🤷 I can't say anymore because I don't have anymore right now 🤣

Well you suck

7 minutes ago, e808 said:

Major facts. Even TJ missed some throws yesterday when the guys where open. There is enough blame to go around for everyone. U right the WR group was the most unknown position going into the season so this is very very awkward 

Things might come out in the future that makes this a good thing to do and I am interested in getting another former OC coaching down on the field but it just makes Harsin look even more out of his depth.

• Like 3
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, tgrogan21 said:

Things might come out in the future that makes this a good thing to do and I am interested in getting another former OC coaching down on the field but it just makes Harsin look even more out of his depth.

That is all your opinion based on knowing very little facts.

Just now, boisnumber1 said:

That is all your opinion based on knowing very little facts.

Well it is a message board what else are we supposed to talk about? I even said things might come out in the future.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I'm just saying it needs to be something different other than just performance on field. I didn't watch the entire Alabama st game on going off my head I can think of 5 potential td's that the QB couldn't get the ball to them. There's no telling how many just explosive plays that's not td's. You can count on one hand how many passes were good passes that the wr had a chance to run after the catch. Even when we make catches most of them are jumping up in the air contorting yourself to get the ball

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Really feels like something else going on here. Just doesn't make sense for it to be purely about job performance. 

It does, but at the same time it doesn't. There's the job performance we see, and then there's the job performance we don't see. If he can't even get his guys lined up right, and they don't know their assignments, that's a bigger problem than some drops. But, I don't know anything other than what I've seen Harsin complain about so far. 

Edited by Barnacle
  • Like 3

Pure speculation just like EVERY other comment but it’s possible that the coach was asked to do something specific and refused to do so. End of the day Harsin is your boss and if another coach isn’t on the same page then bye.

• Like 5

Just now, Gowebb11 said:

Might be a good idea to let the dust settle on the story and find out the actual reasons for the firing before jumping to conclusions.  

😉

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, e808 said:

This is ironic because some are saying be patient and stop overreacting . This move is the exact opposite. If he is fired . U can make a case for others as well. Guess we have to wait for the details.

Because Harsin I think is seeing this ain't no game lol. These fans will run you out of the state. Hopefully this is a wake up call.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, BigBlueWDE said:

JBoy, you mad bro? "You better win games buddy"  jeez, what a terrible take

Way too personal for him, it seems.  He needed to sit this one out.

• Like 5

Just now, JMassie11 said:

Pure speculation just like EVERY other comment but it’s possible that the coach was asked to do something specific and refused to do so. End of the day Harsin is your boss and if another coach isn’t on the same page then bye.

It needs to be something like that. Like constantly being late or leaving early or something

• Like 1