WR coach Cornelius Williams fired

Barnacle

3 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

This is the biggest question that no one is asking.

Lot have been asking but no one seems to know.  Haven’t seen media write about it either.  

6 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

That seems like someone exaggerating. Especially since the WR coach was from the Sunbelt. Just kidding. 

In all fairness, its probably that the guys who know Hars ways and the others don't? 

Seems like it is more Boise vs South East guys. Idk, Tate implied Harsin wanted "his guys"...which didn't make sense bc Harsin hired all of these ppl. I haven't seen anything suggesting he was forced to make any hires.

I find it funny how willing our fan base will go along with anything man....that's exactly how Gus was able to do so much damage.....don't make sense...ah stuff happens! Lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Absolutely. But you don't have to wonder about that when you see a guy running behind a defense. And that works both ways for most of the positions, you don't see all of their mess ups either

True.  But I think it's especially apparent when comparing QBs and WRs as to why a pass play didn't work.  The WRs are off screen for the most part.  I can still see the OL do their work for the most part for instance while also seeing the QBs and RBs do their responsibilities.  It's just the receivers that I don't get to see most of the time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

I find it funny how willing our fan base will go along with anything man....that's exactly how Gus was able to do so much damage.....don't make sense...ah stuff happens! Lol

Too scared to question something that is so out of place and just assume it is good

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

True.  But I think it's especially apparent when comparing QBs and WRs as to why a pass play didn't work.  The WRs are off screen for the most part.  I can still see the OL do their work for the most part for instance while also seeing the QBs and RBs do their responsibilities.  It's just the receivers that I don't get to see most of the time.

And as far as it goes 95% of people don't know what the o line is supposed to be doing. And in general people see what they want. The Penn st game everybody was upset that we weren't blitzing. We blitzed on the second big tight end play. Mentioned that we blitzed people are pissed that you point out we weren't in a soft zone. I remember Thorpe played every db position on the field because every pass was his fault. It is what it is

2 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Exactly. And there will be plenty of people that will say Sammy doesn't have an high enough IQ to know. They will say he's just a player

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Be careful now. Don't go thinking objectively.

1 minute ago, WFE12 said:

There are going to be a lot of really bad optics regarding this firing. Not sure is there is anything to them, but teams will 100% use it to recruit against us.

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

And as far as it goes 95% of people don't know what the o line is supposed to be doing. And in general people see what they want. The Penn st game everybody was upset that we weren't blitzing. We blitzed on the second big tight end play. Mentioned that we blitzed people are pissed that you point out we weren't in a soft zone. I remember Thorpe played every db position on the field because every pass was his fault. It is what it is

I don't disagree.  Most folks don't know what to look for.  I'm just pointing out that we don't see what the WRs are doing at all 80-90% of the time whereas we see almost everything the QB, OL and RBs do because they are in the vicinity of the snap/ball every play.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, The SandMntTiger said:

Forget about everything else and let's be real. If the WRs catch the balls that have hit them dead in the hands, Auburn is likely undefeated, Bo would have a 70+% completion percentage, and Corn would likely still had a job.

That's not real. That's fake fake. If the passes that were over thrown are completed then yes

6 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I mean, Harsin has been a head coach for a good while now and he doesn't have a track record of tossing coaches midseason to my knowledge.  And he's got the most comprehensive and most 'inside' view of what's happening out there and what a play was supposed to look like vs how it was run by every position.  So if I've got to lean one way or the other, right now unless more info comes out, I'm giving the head coach the benefit of the doubt here.

Pressure bust pipes . I don’t recall boo birds in Boise. It got real yesterday 

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

I don't disagree.  Most folks don't know what to look for.  I'm just pointing out that we don't see what the WRs are doing at all 80-90% of the time whereas we see almost everything the QB, OL and RBs do because they are in the vicinity of the snap/ball every play.

Yes and I agree and I'm in that group as far as o line. And also that didn't stop a large group on having the negative conclusion of Seth Williams. I see your point but one thing I do know for a fact this entire team is under performing and the wr group was the least experienced

2 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

Well, in truth Sammie is not there. Not in meetings etc. So, probably should just keep his mouth shut 

I know he has more contact and know more than whoever supposed to be the best insider here. And to say he should keep his mouth shut is just dumb

• Dislike 2

Just now, David Strickland said:

The WRs have also been missing a lot of their blocking assignments to support the run game.

I think it was Tank that would have broken a huge run if the WR blocked for 1/2 a sec.    it was pitiful 

4 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Exactly. And there will be plenty of people that will say Sammy doesn't have an high enough IQ to know. They will say he's just a player

But the flip side to this is just stay in your lane Sammy.   This is not your team anymore and I’m sure you wouldn’t want a former player making comments on your team.   

is not about IQ, is about knowing when to stay out of the conversation.  It make no sense for someone that isn’t associated with what’s happening, to question the head man.  

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, SCTiger2011 said:

I usually have strong opinions either one way or another, but I gotta say...kinda apathetic on this one.  Not even upset if there is a real "Boise way vs SEC way of doing things" fight on staff.  Hell, the Auburn SEC way hasn't proven itself consistent enough times so I'm okay with bringing everything, excluding the blue turf, from Idaho and seeing the results speak for themselves.

This. The most important thing about having “sec” guys was recruiting, IMO. But harsin needs to have guys he can trust more than we need recruiting hires right now. Again, IMO.

Harsin doesnt seem like a panicky rash guy. He seem in control and decisive. On to lsu.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, David Strickland said:

The WRs have also been missing a lot of their blocking assignments to support the run game.

This is possible too.  But like I say, unless those blocks are at the line of scrimmage, most of the time they're off camera and we never see them.  I couldn't tell you if this is a big problem or just an occasional one.