Games this weekend

gr82b4au

3 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

Anyone think Ark, ole miss, Kentucky, or Stanford can win this weekend? 

Probably not, but an Arky win wouldn't be a huge shocker.

• Like 1

I think an Ole Miss win is a possibility.  That game will come down to whoever has the ball last and with one hundred plus points on the board.  

….of course the last time I said something like that I was completely wrong.  Might be a small part of why I’m not a football handicapper.  

I expect Arky to get run out of the building.  

The great thing about this season in college football is the possibility that anyone can beat anyone. I know that sounds like a no brainer but what I mean is you are seeing the teams that usually have a clear path to the playoffs are not playing consistent this year. Clemson can't play offense, Oklahoma is probably on the verge of losing a couple of games this year. Ohio State has no run defense and I believe will get beat one more time this year. Notre Dame looks very beatable. That UGA win over Clemson isn't looking that great anymore. UF showed the plan on beating Bama. T A&M and UNC who everyone had high hopes are not looking great. Arkansas is having a magical season so far. BC, UK, WF, and Baylor, just to name a few, are all undefeated right now. This is a very interesting year in college football and I might actually watch the playoffs this year if there are some interesting teams involved.  

Ole Miss has a legit shot because they can score on anyone, and the defense has had a pulse this year. One of their best receivers (Mingo) broke his foot. Apparently in an off field accident. That's a blow, but they are still loaded with explosive weapons. I'm hoping they unleash Ealy as a receiver this weekend. He's special.

Arkansas has a shot if for no other reason than that game is going to be played in the teens. When a game is that low scoring, any busted play can swing it.

UGA is so physical man. Along with Arkansas. I don't know why but I want our team to get to this point at least.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

UGA is so physical man. Along with Arkansas. I don't know why but I want our team to get to this point at least.

So far they're just mashing Arky on both sides of the line.  Yea, I want some big uglies like that.

7 minutes ago, DAG said:

Arky's going to get run out of the stadium today but they have a very good chance of winning 10 games with a bowl. That is EXTRAORDINARY.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, SRBautigerfan said:

So far they're just mashing Arky on both sides of the line.  Yea, I want some big uglies like that.

Remember that time we had the chance to have Kirby Smart?  Pepperidge farms remembers..

Arkansas is no slouch either.

It is all about offensive line. This is what it looks like when you recruit well. I think they ran it straight up the gut on every play except for one. 

Edited by gr82b4au

Just now, gr82b4au said:

It is all about offensive line. This is what it looks like when you recruit well. I think they ran it straight up they gut on every play except for one. 

That one offensive lineman pushed their defensive player into two other people..wow

3 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Arky's going to get run out of the stadium today but they have a very good chance of winning 10 games with a bowl. That is EXTRAORDINARY.

I still think they’re probably the 4th best team in the conference. Pretty big gap between the top 3 and them though based on this…

Just now, DAG said:

That one offensive lineman pushed their defensive player into two other people..wow

Very impressive. This is why Linemen Recruiting is so so important. This is where the elite teams win. And this is where Harrsin needs to make a vast improvement over what Gus did. 

• Like 2

If we don't start landing some 4-5 star studs across OL and DL asap, I don't care who the HC is...  Auburn is going to struggle to get out of the bottom half of the conference. 

• Love 1

11 minutes ago, DAG said:

Remember that time we had the chance to have Kirby Smart?  Pepperidge farms remembers..

Arkansas is no slouch either.

Given what we knew at the time I understood why we may not have.

But I think we can all agree that if we could go back in time with what we know now, we'd definitely hire him! 

The 2023 class will tell us a lot. 

Edited by AUwent

20 minutes ago, DAG said:

Georgia is going to win the NC..

I said it before the season. The lineman are just better than everyone else. They literally can just line up and run it right at you over and over and over, and you cannot stop them