Shout Out to Bo Nix!

abw0004

7 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Bo perfectly exemplies an AU QB. He represents everything that the AU football program feels like. Crazy highs and crazy lows. Right when you want to give up on him like a phoenix out of the ashes he rises.   We know there will be another low and it very well could be next game because that's just how this goes. Being an AU fan is the wildest rollercoaster I've ever been on in my life but I wouldn't trade it for the world. I'm rooting for Bo.

lay off the drugs buddy!!

• Like 1

I’ll admit I did NOT want Bo to play in this game. Felt a little better when the first play was a designed QB run. Let him do what he does best. 

Immense pressure on Bo and he responded with a great game. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, cbo said:

I’ll admit I did NOT want Bo to play in this game. Felt a little better when the first play was a designed QB run. Let him do what he does best. 

Immense pressure on Bo and he responded with a great game. 

Could not have said it any better myself. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, auburnphan said:

lay off the drugs buddy!!

All I'm saying is he,like the program, is up and down on a crazy level. I ain't calling him the best AU QB of all time or something.

11 hours ago, im4aual said:

If you recall, Bo's dad was benched for Dameyune Craig during the 1994 LSU "interception game".  He came back the next week a better quarterback and in a few weeks beat the number one gators in the swamp.  Bo seems to be learning from his benching too.    By the way, in Bo's press conference after the game he said that he threw the ball to Tyler after he saw his hair "flopping out the back of his helmet".  That was his target, end of that conversation.

Sure Bo, sure...hair flowing...stick to that story...thank goodness he doesn't get a buzz

11 hours ago, auburnphan said:

bless your heart buddy

it needs blessing bro but i figured out what you said. took me a minute as i am old and do not process things as quick as i used to.

On 10/3/2021 at 10:04 AM, ben4981 said:

OK Bo did very good last night. My thoughts are if he had worked that hard since he got to Auburn he would have never been in the position to be benched.

I commend him for his effort, but why did it take so long?  Congtats,  but the jury is still still out one in a row is not a habit.

3 reasons:

1. No fundamentals emphasized by former staff

2. Never any real competition for his spot or benching to light a fire under his ass

3. Game plan emphasizing throws to backs, tight ends, and designed qb runs. 

Edited by twilli13
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, twilli13 said:

3 reasons:

1. No fundamentals emphasized by former staff

2. Never any real competition for his spot or benching to light a fire under his ass

3. Game plan emphasizing throws to backs, tight ends, and designed qb runs. 

To add #4; He and his present coach are more lined up with their competitive mind set.

On 10/3/2021 at 8:38 AM, japantiger said:

I'll have to rewatch, I don't think his scrambles were early or the "bail out" scrambles he made a way of life for 2+ seasons.  Plays break down and it looked like he made magic on 3 plays with his feet.  #backyardBo deserves a lot of credit for those plays.  Look, he still only completed 52% of his passes.  I think the biggest difference last night was the game plan had him running the ball on 1st down, etc., and putting us in better down and distance situations . He got 75 yds with his feet, mostly on designed runs.  That is how you use him.  He is quick as a cat and runs hard.  It adds another dimension to the offense that makes it very hard on a defense.  The fake to Tank on the final TD sucked them in and got him on the edge.  Better game plan last night.

he looked so much better after tj played. he was not perfect but he was a young god on the field. that might be the best game of his life so far. if he gets a little better throwing and our receivers drop less watch out!. right now i would have to say bobo and harsin have done wonders with this young man. i think if he stays another year and we get him some help on the team we roll. anyway i am glad bo will always be part of auburn lore with that win. when you go in and make lsu look silly at their home and a night game you have done something.

5 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

that might be the best game of his life so far.

I don't think there's any "might be" about it.

3 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

I don't think there's any "might be" about it.

well brother i am high and mellow so i was laid back about it  lol

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i think if he stays another year and we get him some help on the team we roll. anyway i am glad bo will always be part of auburn lore with that win. when you go in and make lsu look silly at their home and a night game you have done something.

Until last week I would say no way as next year UGA & Bama are away.  But after last week and PSU I feel we will be more competetive on the road in the future.  

Great thing is, if Bo wants it he has 2 years left with the free covid year.  A 5th year SR starting his 60ish game with two toughest teams at home might lead to a great season.