* Official Auburn vs. Houston Game Thread *

abw0004

10 hours ago, Sizzle said:

Most kids main interest is going pro. That’s one of Saban’s main recruiting pitches. 

Coach Harsin figured out what kind of starting QB he had after he took the job. First sign Nix wasn't going to be the starting QB, boom....ankle injury. Also, the powers that be aren't going to say they made a mistake with Nix (hence the "injury"). His father threw an actually good forward pass of his son into the transfer portal. Go Ducks.

13 hours ago, Clayboau said:

First sign Nix wasn't going to be the starting QB, boom....ankle injury. Also, the powers that be aren't going to say they made a mistake with Nix (hence the "injury").

Hold up, you think that Nix faked the injury? Seriously? I'm not a Nix fan especially with what has come to light but really? 🤦 🤷 C'mon now you can't seriously believe that right? 

tenor.gif

Edited by autiger88
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Clayboau said:

Coach Harsin figured out what kind of starting QB he had after he took the job. First sign Nix wasn't going to be the starting QB, boom....ankle injury. Also, the powers that be aren't going to say they made a mistake with Nix (hence the "injury"). His father threw an actually good forward pass of his son into the transfer portal. Go Ducks.

Welcome to the forum, Caleb Nix.   

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Clayboau said:

You forgot to insert the yellow font.

Just for the record I think TJ ( Bo as well)is a great person and has a good disposition. I think if he were to go into the portal and pick up with a west coast team, he could be successful. I don’t know what happened at LSU but I know what I saw at AU and that is TJ can’t make decisions quick enough, he isn’t decisive in his decisions  and that’s what make his play look bad. He has talent. Just not the mental toughness to play in the SEC. I’m not sold that Bobo or Harsin are QB whisperers. I didn’t see improvement in either TJ or Bo all year. As I said, I didn’t see anything from Harsin that gives me hope going forward. My prediction if he stays is another subpar year next year. Then he will be fired ( as well as Greene) and then we will be right back in a rebuilding mode. What makes me mad is when I see good coaches being lured to USC and LSU and AU has to take the Chiziks, Malzens and Harsins of the world. Is AU’s Rep really that bad or do we not have qualified people running AU? 🤔 

4 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Just for the record I think TJ ( Bo as well)is a great person and has a good disposition. I think if he were to go into the portal and pick up with a west coast team, he could be successful. I don’t know what happened at LSU but I know what I saw at AU and that is TJ can’t make decisions quick enough, he isn’t decisive in his decisions  and that’s what make his play look bad. He has talent. Just not the mental toughness to play in the SEC. I’m not sold that Bobo or Harsin are QB whisperers. I didn’t see improvement in either TJ or Bo all year. As I said, I didn’t see anything from Harsin that gives me hope going forward. My prediction if he stays is another subpar year next year. Then he will be fired ( as well as Greene) and then we will be right back in a rebuilding mode. What makes me mad is when I see good coaches being lured to USC and LSU and AU has to take the Chiziks, Malzens and Harsins of the world. Is AU’s Rep really that bad or do we not have qualified people running AU? 🤔 

@bigbird@augolf1716 y'all can handle this one. 🤦

tenor-1.gif

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Why?

1 hour ago, autiger88 said:

Hold up, you think that Nix faked the injury? Seriously? I'm not a Nix fan especially with what has come to light but really? 🤦 🤷 C'mon now you can't seriously believe that right? 

tenor.gif

It’s for sure that Nix didn’t fake an ankle injury. He is a tough kid that played thru the injury. He also made the right decision for himself in transferring. He has talent and has a shot at the pros. He knows AU will not be the place next year to make that happen. Oregon offers a much better platform to get him to the NFL. It was really a no brainer for Bo to transfer . I personally wish him well and hope he finds a coach to help him showcase the talent the young man has. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

It’s for sure that Nix didn’t fake an ankle injury. He is a tough kid that played thru the injury. He also made the right decision for himself in transferring. He has talent and has a shot at the pros. He knows AU will not be the place next year to make that happen. Oregon offers a much better platform to get him to the NFL. It was really a no brainer for Bo to transfer . I personally wish him well and hope he finds a coach to help him showcase the talent the young man has. 

Well please go reword what you posted because it makes it seem like you think he faked it?🤷

What chance does Nix have making it to the pros? There is no team in the NFL that will give him a shot I just don't see it(maybe CFL if he is willing to change positions). He probably won't even start at Oregon if I'm being truthful. They have a couple of great QBs that were highly ranked over the last couple of RCs so he might be a backup but I just don't see him being a starter there. 🤷 

12 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

No need to s*** on him like you just did tj huh?

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, The Freak said:

Not worth the effort.

It's not, if they are that blind then there's nothing that can be said to help them. 🤷 However I do recommend going to see optometrist at some point. 😎

Edited by autiger88

A little fact I wanted to interject in the middle of some of this nonsense I am seeing . . . . Bo Nix will turn 22 before TJ Finley turns 20.  This may not matter to some of you, but I think it needs to be taken into account.

19 minutes ago, AU_Twisterman said:

A little fact I wanted to interject in the middle of some of this nonsense I am seeing . . . . Bo Nix will turn 22 before TJ Finley turns 20.  This may not matter to some of you, but I think it needs to be taken into account.

It matters not.   Bryce young is 19.   What you should ask is , why can’t auburn get a Bryce young? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, aubaseball said:

It matters not.   Bryce young is 19.   What you should ask is , why can’t auburn get a Bryce young? 

Would it matter? I know some of you think the OL is just fine but it’s not. 

9 minutes ago, CCTAU said:

Would it matter? I know some of you think the OL is just fine but it’s not. 

The thing is Bryce can move around and shown he can throw an accurate pass under pressure. For example the iron bowl last drive

3 hours ago, aubaseball said:

Some on here think Bo is young, Bo just need everything around him to be perfect and auburn failed because they didn't give him that. 

People forget you want a good QB because they hide a bunch of your weakness not the other way around

• Like 1

5 hours ago, autiger88 said:

Well please go reword what you posted because it makes it seem like you think he faked it?🤷

What chance does Nix have making it to the pros? There is no team in the NFL that will give him a shot I just don't see it(maybe CFL if he is willing to change positions). He probably won't even start at Oregon if I'm being truthful. They have a couple of great QBs that were highly ranked over the last couple of RCs so he might be a backup but I just don't see him being a starter there. 🤷 

One thread I read on the ducks forum sounded like their recruits were not progressing satisfactorily to start and they were expecting Bo to start.