A Day QB1

ChristoThor

57 minutes ago, Didba said:

I know you are joking and this is likely an unpopular opinion but sometimes I low-key wish we could compile a database of AUfamily users with this info. Just for fun.

I'm game

8 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Bo "ran for his life" his whole career here but Finley just sucks.

Is This Okay GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

What's even more funny is some people don't understand how illogical and hypocritical this thought process.

It's amazing how the o line was great as soon as Finley played isn't it? After Bo went down 98% of complaining about the o line was gone.

Finley getting blasted during the bammer game and he was still called soft......It's so sad it's funny!

• Like 1

Hopefully whoever winds up back there they are able to hit at equal or better than Nix, abd way better than TJ did last year. At this point nobody but Oregon will have to worry about Bo.

I wonder if Finley starts and lights it up , if Harsin will get any credit for his development 🤔.  BTW I'm not expecting either one to occur. We got the same OL coming back, so if Finley is the guy, that ain't a good combo

Fun fact: Bo Nix’s dad played at Auburn in the early 90s.  He even led some pretty memorable drives like Bo’s 2019 drive against Oregon.

Real question is which walk on RB will be MVP?

• Like 1

I wish a bunch of people would start posting unreasonable hate about Harsin so the hate Harsin posts would make any sense at all

• Thanks 2

51 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I think we have 5 Scholarship QB on the team right now.. How many u guys think we have after spring ball?

Maybe DD might bolt? Don’t know why Holden would. 

I’m excited to see the competition. We need OL transfers though in the worst way possible or it won’t really matter. 

On 3/2/2022 at 6:16 AM, ChristoThor said:

Reading this does not make me feel good. I didn't see anything already discussing who is going to be starting on A day and wanted to post this here to see how others felt about this.

I understand it is too soon to really say anybody has earned the starting position, but sticking with Finley leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

https://flywareagle.com/2022/03/02/auburn-football-qb-first-team/

I would ask what else you expected? There’s literally not another alternative for this game 

I think comparing Bos production to Finleys last year clearly shows who the better QB was. Bo led AU to some good wins. Finleys claim to fame was a drive to save the day against GA St. Disclaimer, I was all for giving Finley at shot when Bo was struggling. After the 3 or 4 game sample size for Finley, there was no question who should have been QB1 last year. So unless drastic improvement is shown, not sure Finley is the man to take the reigns this year

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I would ask what else you expected? There’s literally not another alternative for this game 

There's no way all 5 guys get an equal shot in the spring game, or the entire spring for that matter. That's too many to rotate in/ out

4 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I think we have 5 Scholarship QB on the team right now.. How many u guys think we have after spring ball?

4, possibly 3. I agree with you that not all 5 will get significant reps in A-Day. I guess if Calzada's out then that takes care of that, but still, someone's gonna see the writing on the wall. Just the way it goes

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I understand there isn't much else to expect at this point. I even said later I get that he is going to get his chance first. I also understand he could have improved and he may end up beating everyone else for the starting position. I am just saying as of right now I don't feel good about Finley. I am open to being wrong. 

• Like 1

I'm interested in finally seeing an actually QB battle. Should make everybody better. Hopefully the best player will play

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I obviously want whoever will give Auburn the best opportunity to win, but I’m really hoping we have a solid back up to fall back on just in case. That’s almost as important as a good starter. 

I know I'm in the minority. But I want D Davis to win the competition. I find it hard to believe the way he tore up HS football in TX that he shouldn't  at least be given a fair shot. He balled out against the best division in TX high school ball. The dude has got to have talent

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I know I'm in the minority. But I want D Davis to win the competition. I find it hard to believe the way he tore up HS football in TX that he shouldn't  at least be given a fair shot. He balled out against the best division in TX high school ball. The dude has got to have talent

If he can lead us to wins, I'm all for it. We all would be. War Rapport guys said this week that they're hearing he's supposedly looking ready. Should be exciting 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, au302 said:

If he can lead us to wins, I'm all for it. We all would be. War Rapport guys said this week that they're hearing he's supposedly looking ready. Should be exciting 

"supposedly looking ready"? What does that mean, and what are they basing it on, since we haven't even started spring practice. Please don't tell me he looks great in the weight room...:)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

I'm interested in finally seeing an actually QB battle. Should make everybody better. Hopefully the best player will play

I just hate that Calzada evidently is not participating in spring practice bc of that left shoulder procedure he had?

If he's not doing any snaps even in practice or play in the A-Day game, then it will be interesting how he has learned the playbook, knows how to get up to speed bc he is a veteran QB, and then what chance he has in Fall practice to take over as the starter.

so many questions....

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

"supposedly looking ready"? What does that mean, and what are they basing it on, since we haven't even started spring practice. Please don't tell me he looks great in the weight room...:)

I think you answered your own question there. 

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

No clue tbh. Just said they're hearing from inside the program that he's progressed. But yea I wouldn't put much stock into it. People said he'd get bowl game snaps and that didn't happen. Slow time of year

D Davis skill set seems to give us the best chance , athletic , mobile, good passer from his HS tape I saw. He can overcome OL deficiencies.  Harsin quoted as saying he has the "it" factor. Gotta have the QB be the leader that the rest of the troops will follow

Edited by NWALA Tiger

In the passing game, if we continue to have issues in pass protection this year, one option often mentioned is to design plays to get the ball out of the QB's hand quicker. If that is the case with AU, I just don't see TJ as our starter. After watching his play with LSU & AU, I just don't think he is capable of a quick release (designed or otherwise). JMO wde

5 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I’m with you on DD needing a good shot at starting. I’ve been excited about him from day one and would love to see him play in a game atmosphere- where he’s just been a winner!

22 hours ago, steeleagle said:

I just hate that Calzada evidently is not participating in spring practice bc of that left shoulder procedure he had?

If he's not doing any snaps even in practice or play in the A-Day game, then it will be interesting how he has learned the playbook, knows how to get up to speed bc he is a veteran QB, and then what chance he has in Fall practice to take over as the starter.

so many questions....

Has this been officially stated? Back in January everyone seemed to think he would be healthy enough to essentially be able to wear a non contact jersey a d be fine participating in spring. 

His surgery was 3 month ago in early December 

Did that change?

Edited by W.E.D