State of the Roster

Zeek

1 hour ago, AUGoo said:

Why is LSU held so highly in esteem?

Aren't they coming off a poor season with a new coaching staff?

People just scared of the name IMO.  They lost a ton of talent to the draft and haven't gotten much.  They Wynn has 2022 Win totals out and the are basically last with us

SEC West Win Totals

Opening odds at WynnBET:
Alabama: 11.5 wins (Over +200/Under -250)
Texas A&M: 9.0 wins (Over -125/Under +105)
Ole Miss: 8.0 wins (-110 both sides)
Arkansas: 6.5 wins (Over +120/Under -140)
Mississippi State: 6.5 wins (-110 both sides)
LSU: 6.0 wins (Over -125/Under +105)
Auburn: 5.0 wins (Over -120/Under +100)

• Sad 1

18 hours ago, W.E.D said:

People just scared of the name IMO.  They lost a ton of talent to the draft and haven't gotten much.  They Wynn has 2022 Win totals out and the are basically last with us

SEC West Win Totals

Opening odds at WynnBET:

And yet, posters here who predict a 5 win season are accused of being haters. 4-8 or 5-7 is very realistic and sadly, very likely.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

And yet, posters here who predict a 5 win season are accused of being haters. 4-8 or 5-7 is very realistic and sadly, very likely.

The margin between us and LSU/Mizzou/Arkansas/PSU/MSU is really small.  Ole Miss just a touch more.  If we lose all of these games it's coaching & Harsin should be fire.  IMO we should be able to split these and ideally win 4/6 and get to 7 wins.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

The margin between us and LSU/Mizzou/Arkansas/PSU/MSU is really small.  Ole Miss just a touch more.  If we lose all of these games it's coaching & Harsin should be fire.  IMO we should be able to split these and ideally win 4/6 and get to 7 wins.

So, the ideal is get one more win than we had in last year's losing season? Mighty low bar to clear.

Edited by Mikey
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

13 minutes ago, Mikey said:

So, the ideal is get one more win than we had in last year's losing season? Mighty low bar to clear.

Yes.  When you're left with a s*** roster from the previous staff and fail recruiting OL in the portal, this is what happens.  It's a combination of both staffs failures

If we were able to sign a OG and OC in the portal I think that along would push us easily to 8 or 9 wins in the regular season.  There is talent in spots.

Edited by W.E.D
  • Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

20 minutes ago, Mikey said:

That and a bowl game win would be a "solid" season right?

• Haha 2

I like Camden Brown and Landen King to step up and be our go to players in the redzone. Can't wait to see Mba this fall. 

1 hour ago, oracle79 said:

That and a bowl game win would be a "solid" season right?

8-5 should be good for him

• Like 2

• Love 1

• Like 1

On 5/6/2022 at 9:09 AM, W.E.D said:

Yes.  When you're left with a s*** roster from the previous staff and fail recruiting OL in the portal, this is what happens.  It's a combination of both staffs failures

If we were able to sign a OG and OC in the portal I think that along would push us easily to 8 or 9 wins in the regular season.  There is talent in spots.

I don't care for this description of the current roster regardless of what you think of the previous staff.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, autan said:

I don't care for this description of the current roster regardless of what you think of the previous staff.

You can't handle truth?

Stick your head in the sand if you want.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 2

On 5/5/2022 at 3:24 PM, W.E.D said:

SEC West Win Totals

Opening odds at WynnBET:

Alabama - under

TAMU - even

Ole Miss - over 

Arkansas - over

MSU - over

LSU - even

Auburn - under 

However, FPI really likes Auburn this year for some reason. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, woodford said:

Alabama - under

TAMU - even

Ole Miss - over 

Arkansas - over

MSU - over

LSU - even

Auburn - under 

However, FPI really likes Auburn this year for some reason. 

Agree with you on Bama. 

I'd go under A&M.  They went 8-4 last year.

Agree with Ole Miss

Agree on Arkansas, but it's gonna be barely.  ~7 wins.  I'm pretty sure they will lose most of their OL.  QB is meh, OC is garbage.  Lost their best offensive play maker.

State.  Idk.  I think 6 or 7 is probably correct.  Leach gets massively overrated and they weren't that good, despite what they did to us.

LSU agree, maybe even under.  I think it's going to be rough going.

I think we're over b/c we have a favorable home schedule.  I think we win 7ish. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

Agree with you on Bama. 

Agree with Ole Miss

Agree on Arkansas, but it's gonna be barely.  ~7 wins.  I'm pretty sure they will lose most of their OL.  QB is meh, OC is garbage.  Lost their best offensive play maker.

State.  Idk.  I think 6 or 7 is probably correct.  Leach gets massively overrated and they weren't that good, despite what they did to us.

Alabama @ Ole Miss might decide the West. That’s going to be a great atmosphere in Oxford. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

Agree with you on Bama. 

Agree with Ole Miss

I pretty much agree with you. 

bama as usual just reloads so probably over

A&M has the talent but still loses games it shouldn't I go even or under

Ole Miss even but could be under

Arkansas and Miss State are 6.5 one will be over one under not sure which

LSU even

Auburn over I think we win at least 6

• Like 1

1 minute ago, woodford said:

Alabama @ Ole Miss might decide the West. That’s going to be a great atmosphere in Oxford. 

I think the more SEC teams see Ole Miss they more they adjust to the offense. bama will win by at least 2 scores.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I think the more SEC teams see Ole Miss they more they adjust to the offense. bama will win by at least 2 scores.

I think Lane could struggle without Corral and also losing their OC.  Dart can't run like Corral

On 5/6/2022 at 9:09 AM, W.E.D said:

The s*** roster is a bit over the edge. 

Edited by NWALA Tiger

43 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

The s*** roster is a bit over the edge. 

That was specifically directed at the OL position group and it is accurate.  Ever OL last year except KJ consistently graded out at the bottom of SEC OL.  Week in week out.  We haven't been able to run block since 2017.  

We might have 2 players (3 max) on our entire roster that will get drafted whenever the leave college.  That's every single class and it includes a 6th year of kids vs your normal 5.

We have extremely poor talent on the OL.  It is really really bad.  How ever you want to describe it.

26 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

We might have 2 players (3 max) on our entire roster that will get drafted whenever the leave college.  That's every single class and it includes a 6th year of kids vs your normal 5.

That's a little too far. 3 max over the next four years?

1 hour ago, cbo said:

That's a little too far. 3 max over the next four years?

Who?

I think Jones is probably a mid round pick...maybe.

KZ has played 4 games of P5 football....and I'm pretty sure he didn't great out the best. He has a chance to get drafted in 24. I think he's really athletic and just needs time to continue to develop 

Harris might be the only other OL on our roster that could be draftable. I'm not sure I see anyone else. Wright got moved back to OL but then couldn't even make the 2 deep anywhere.

Ppl claim the coaches are high on Colby Smith, but he didn't look that athletic during A Day.

Guys could break our, I don't know the future

Edited by W.E.D

23 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Who?

I think Jones is probably a mid round pick...maybe.

KZ has played 4 games of P5 football....and I'm pretty sure he didn't great out the best. He has a chance to get drafted in 24. I think he's really athletic and just needs time to continue to develop 

Harris might be the only other OL on our roster that could be draftable. I'm not sure I see anyone else. Wright got moved back to OL but then couldn't even make the 2 deep anywhere.

Ppl claim the coaches are high on Colby Smith, but he didn't look that athletic during A Day.

Guys could break our, I don't know the future

Read too quickly and thought you meant the entire roster, not just OL. My fault. I agree with you. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, cbo said:

Read too quickly and thought you meant the entire roster, not just OL. My fault. I agree with you. 

I think k we have decent talent across ghe roster outside the OL. A better OL and we're probably a 10 win team

On 5/5/2022 at 2:13 PM, AUGoo said:

Why is LSU held so highly in esteem?

Aren't they coming off a poor season with a new coaching staff?

Have you paid attention to Brial Kelly's career?  The guy is a winner.  A HUGE upgrade for them.

Harsin is not in the same galaxy as Kelly

• Thanks 1