Voter concerns vs. media concerns...quite revealing

SLAG-91

On 6/14/2022 at 11:48 AM, SLAG-91 said:

Whoever these mysterious "many" are that think you can "do whatever you want in Washington D.C.", I don't think they're on here. Anyone who thinks that nothing should happen to any of the LARPing morons at the Capitol is just as stupid as someone who thinks that the shirtless buffalo shaman dude and his merry band of idiots were on the verge of becoming the leaders of the free world.

And yes, people vote with their pocketbooks. Maslow's hierarchy...if you can't take care of the basics, anything higher up the ladder doesn't really mean s***. Satisfied people don't move the media interest needle, though. That's boring.

The media thinks all of these identity politics issues are important because that's what generates clicks and keeps the outrage meter pegged at maximum. It's utterly exhausting, but it keeps THEIR bills paid.

You haven't been keeping up.

Trump came one AG appointment away from pulling off a political coup.

But yeah, that's not really important. :-\

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/10/2022 at 5:21 PM, wcware said:

I’m just going to say what I think I saw happen using just my common sense and no research. It looked like a bunch of idiots marched to the Capitol not really knowing what they were going to do when they got there. When they got there, they meet no resistance and were let into the building. Why? Why weren’t they all shot if they were going to overthrow the government. They should have been if that was their intention. It looked like they were allowed to do what they did, so that the other side could use it as political ammunition later on. I can’t stand either side. 2 wings of the same bird all putting on a theater instead of protecting and leading this country. Shame on everyone. I’m sure everyone will tell me how stupid I am but that is what my simple mind saw. The show continues on today.

Hi from 19 days later. You nailed it. Completely.

• Dislike 1

33 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

The only issue with his statement is that there were groups of people in criminal organizations ie proud boys, that were spread out throughout the crowd of normal ignorant people, who were just there to support Trump. These groups had the equipment on them necessary to assault and kidnap key members of congress/Pence and they deliberated their plans within the different groups before it happened, easily meeting the requirements for criminal conspiracy to kidnap, etc.

And this isn't even up for debate since many of the proud boys, etc., confessed to all this when they took plea deals.

Edited by Didba
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

Hard to believe so many people have so little understanding of what happened on January the 6th.

It's not hard to believe...it's 2022 and there's no real, central desire to attain the truth (even if it can be found) or there's no desire to put in the work to attain the truth. Then there's the very busy who have families to feed, cloth and keep safe. 

• Dislike 1

On 6/29/2022 at 7:50 PM, Didba said:

The only issue with his statement is that there were groups of people in criminal organizations ie proud boys, that were spread out throughout the crowd of normal ignorant people, who were just there to support Trump. These groups had the equipment on them necessary to assault and kidnap key members of congress/Pence and they deliberated their plans within the different groups before it happened, easily meeting the requirements for criminal conspiracy to kidnap, etc.

And this isn't even up for debate since many of the proud boys, etc., confessed to all this when they took plea deals.

What's not up for debate is that the DOJ is discriminating against conservatives and other Trump supporters. A few years ago I would not have believed it but after watching all the goings on since covid I am convinced. 

What exactly did the proud boys plea to doing?

Brandon Straka plead guilty to something he didn't do at the capital to escape the ramifications of what would happen if he rolled the dice and went to court. Ppl plea guilty all the time to stuff they didn't do. 

To say it's not up for debate is disingenuous IMHO. 

Why was Ray Epps not charged since he was on video telling ppl to storm the capital the night before only to have the crowd start calling him a FED? Then just before the rioters on one side of the capital stormed he was seen whispering something in a man's ear just before that man charged the capital. That to me is weird when Straka had video evidence of his innocence but was threatened with Felony Obstruction of Congress that carried a 20 year sentence. 

• Facepalm 1

22 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

Hard to believe so many people have so little understanding of what happened on January the 6th.

They don't want to understand.  They are in denial.

16 hours ago, autigeremt said:

It's not hard to believe...it's 2022 and there's no real, central desire to attain the truth (even if it can be found) or there's no desire to put in the work to attain the truth. Then there's the very busy who have families to feed, cloth and keep safe. 

BS. 

Just because you choose to be (oh so fashionably) nihilistic doesn't mean everyone else is.

Some of us still care about our democracy. 

9 hours ago, AU80cruiser said:

What's not up for debate is that the DOJ is discriminating against conservatives and other Trump supporters. A few years ago I would not have believed it but after watching all the goings on since covid I am convinced. 

What exactly did the proud boys plea to doing?

Brandon Straka plead guilty to something he didn't do at the capital to escape the ramifications of what would happen if he rolled the dice and went to court. Ppl plea guilty all the time to stuff they didn't do. 

To say it's not up for debate is disingenuous IMHO. 

Why was Ray Epps not charged since he was on video telling ppl to storm the capital the night before only to have the crowd start calling him a FED? Then just before the rioters on one side of the capital stormed he was seen whispering something in a man's ear just before that man charged the capital. That to me is weird when Straka had video evidence of his innocence but was threatened with Felony Obstruction of Congress that carried a 20 year sentence. 

This is the first time in our history that a president has refused to accept defeat and tried to overthrow a legal election.

The fact you refuse to accept that makes you an an idiot and useful fool as well as a would be traitor to our country.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

This is the first time in our history that a president has refused to accept defeat and tried to overthrow a legal election.

The fact you refuse to accept that makes you an an idiot and useful fool as well as a would be traitor to our country.

We don't have a democracy. The fact that you say that shows your brain is warped by the crap you keep hearing regurgitated by mainstream media. It is a constitutional republic. Traitor? Oh please. BTW, the side you support said that if another country invaded most would turn and run instead of stay and fight. There is a poll taken to back that up. What side sounds like a traitor in that scenario? 

Anyway, you say he did try to overthrow the government and I say he didn't. If I were to gamble I'd bet all of your evidence are snippets of things he said at his rally and tweets that don't allow you to hear the full context of what he was saying. All purposefully tied up in a bow and gifted straight to you.

What about 5/29? Ever heard a peep about that? Why isn't that day a date to remember? The day leftist stormed the white house and set fire to the church across from street from the white house. Also injuring I think around 70 officers and making the President retreat to a bunker.

Look if you're on the side of corporate media, corporations and big government then you are on the wrong side. Neither of those entities give a damn about you. 

I'm not for one side or the other. I couldn't care less than I already do about left vs right. All I care about is the truth and right now I see the Establishment Left and Right both abusing their power in order to gain more power over the American people. I hope they fail and we prevail. 

• Dislike 1

On 6/29/2022 at 8:17 PM, jAUSon said:

Haven't been paying attention to the hearings either, huh?

1 hour ago, AU80cruiser said:

We don't have a democracy. The fact that you say that shows your brain is warped by the crap you keep hearing regurgitated by mainstream media. It is a constitutional republic. Traitor? Oh please. BTW, the side you support said that if another country invaded most would turn and run instead of stay and fight. There is a poll taken to back that up. What side sounds like a traitor in that scenario? 

Actually, my knowledge of our democracy comes from reading history and direct observation.

And a "constitutional republic" is a form of democracy.  (Why people keep throwing this red herring up to rebut the fact we live in a democracy is baffling to me.  It's pedantic to the extreme.)

In fact, you sound a little crazy.

• Haha 1

Anyway, you say he did try to overthrow the government and I say he didn't. If I were to gamble I'd bet all of your evidence are snippets of things he said at his rally and tweets that don't allow you to hear the full context of what he was saying. All purposefully tied up in a bow and gifted straight to you.

Not watching the hearings huh?

image.jpeg.58ae3acc79f1b331afbe53df353cf1d3.jpeg

You are either crazy or a fool if you think Trump didn't intend to hijack the presidency.

2 hours ago, AU80cruiser said:

What about 5/29? Ever heard a peep about that? Why isn't that day a date to remember? The day leftist stormed the white house and set fire to the church across from street from the white house. Also injuring I think around 70 officers and making the President retreat to a bunker.

I've literally lost count of all the violent protests I've seen in this country in my lifetime (over 70 years).

But I've never seen a sitting president refuse to concede an electoral defeat and go on to incite a mob to break into the capital for the purpose of reversing an election.

That's new for me.  In fact, history show it's new for the country.

That you are OK with it - or even if you deny it happened - makes you the functional equivalent of a traitor to our country and it's democracy.

Edited by homersapien

Look if you're on the side of corporate media, corporations and big government then you are on the wrong side. Neither of those entities give a damn about you. 

I'm not for one side or the other. I couldn't care less than I already do about left vs right. All I care about is the truth and right now I see the Establishment Left and Right both abusing their power in order to gain more power over the American people. I hope they fail and we prevail.

Yes Obi Wan :-\

Here's some advice for you: 

Don't vote for Republicans.  They are the ones who are empowering those entities. Particularly SCOTUS judges who support such concepts as money=speech (Citizens United.)

Say what you want about Democrats and/or progressives but they are the only ones who will support measures that will reign in corporate power and regulate money in politics.

Yes, they play by the same rules as Republicans for obvious reasons, but you won't see any such reform of the rules coming from Republicans. Just the opposite, you can depend on Republicans to block such reform at every chance, even as a minority.

Here's the history of campaign reform in the U.S.:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Campaign_finance_reform_in_the_United_States

7 hours ago, homersapien said:

Haven't been paying attention to the hearings either, huh?

Im not here to debate you. We're opposites. 

• Love 1
  • Facepalm 1

On 6/30/2022 at 9:17 AM, icanthearyou said:

Something, something, George Carlin something something average dumb American.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

*I cannot defend my positions in an intelligent manner so I refuse to engage*

Hey I fixed it for ya, bud. 

3 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

You didn't. You high-horsed. Go you.

No I did, it's in your quote if you didn't notice.

/s

7 hours ago, homersapien said:

Yes Obi Wan :-\

Here's some advice for you: 

Don't vote for Republicans.  They are the ones who are empowering those entities. Particularly SCOTUS judges who support such concepts as money=speech (Citizens United.)

Say what you want about Democrats and/or progressives but they are the only ones who will support measures that will reign in corporate power and regulate money in politics.

Yes, they play by the same rules as Republicans for obvious reasons, but you won't see any such reform of the rules coming from Republicans. Just the opposite, you can depend on Republicans to block such reform at every chance, even as a minority.

Here's the history of campaign reform in the U.S.:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Campaign_finance_reform_in_the_United_States

Citizens united 🤮🤮🤮

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Didba said:

No I did, it's in your quote if you didn't notice.

/s

Bro stop showing up in my notifications. I liked mcware's take 100. It was beautiful.Im not here for you. Me and you aren't doing this.

22 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

Bro stop showing up in my notifications. I liked mcware's take 100. It was beautiful.Im not here for you. Me and you aren't doing this.

Ay, sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt your safe space, my bad guy.  You can go back to your regularly scheduled Tucker time

19 minutes ago, Didba said:

Ay, sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt your safe space, my bad guy.  You can go back to your regularly scheduled Tucker time

See? You lumped me in. Tucker is a dumbass. Keep painting with your brush.