Three Announcements Over the Next Week

Zeek

43 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Ok thanks for the clarification.  That's all I was after. That explains it better than a face palm. I guess I should have already known that👍

No problem.  Golf is super nice, so if he facepalms and it’s not obviously sarcastic then just ask him what’s wrong.  

35 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Lol. I hope they are paying you

Not at all.  I just noticed a lot of NWALA Tiger’s questions are already answered on the Eagle’s Nest, despite those saying no information comes out of there.

I'm gonna take a break from the forum. I started posting about 6 months ago. But I've watched the forum from afar for a while now .Hopefully, I will be  back during the season and discussing/ debating AU football when we can talk about actual games instead of all the other stuff that seems to be flying around the program that seems to lead to more arguments than debates. And Im as guilty as anyone.Thanks to everyone for all the good convo/ debates. I hope I brought some value with my limited insight to the board. Yall take care.. NWALA Tiger out

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Ok my info did not come from the Nest if I get info and am told not to go pass a certain point with details I don't just that simple. My mistake was giving any info at all. Guess I'll never learn were is bird when you need him. Hopefully you'll understand if not too bad

I've missed @bigbird

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I'm gonna take a break from the forum. I started posting about 6 months ago. But I've watched the forum from afar for a while now .Hopefully, I will be  back during the season and discussing/ debating AU football when we can talk about actual games instead of all the other stuff that seems to be flying around the program that seems to lead to more arguments than debates. And Im as guilty as anyone.Thanks to everyone for all the good convo/ debates. I hope I brought some value with my limited insight to the board. Yall take care.. NWALA Tiger out

Yeah. This place has become well nigh toxic.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Sigh...

Karmello English pushing his commitment back

• Dislike 1

Ohio State signing a bunch of 5* WRs can’t hurt when you’re trying to attract a top notch QB.  Auburn has the pieces to be decent this season.  Get a couple wins and things change.  Nothing is final till December 

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, toddc said:

Yeah I'm gonna take a break. This is bleak.

• Sad 2

8 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I read your post in the Eagle Nest forum and thought you were overstating the situation. Then I see this tweet by KEnglish, just 😞 

• Like 1

Looks like this class is going to be Cobb (hopefully) and the rest are going to be 3 star “lunch pail” type guys smh

6 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Man you too? Stay safe man

1 hour ago, toddc said:

I read your post in the Eagle Nest forum and thought you were overstating the situation. Then I see this tweet by KEnglish, just 😞 

I really try to be calm and optimistic. This has me dumbfounded. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Let the power brokers get their guy and for better or worse see how it shakes out. I doubt it can be any worse than this. It’s the only way recruiting and hopefully eventually the on field product will improve. /rant over

That's the problem, there is no guy they'll all get behind. These guys probably can't even agree on what to order for lunch during head coaching search meetings. Everyone says they want Freeze. Sure, one group will get behind Freeze, but then it will come out that another faction wants Steele. Oh wait now Jeff Grimes is emerging as a compromise candidate. There is a secret fourth candidate that ADAG/Roberts/Burgess really like.

We hire Freeze. One group is happy, but the others are pissed since they didn't get their way (again). They quietly wait for his first wrong move to make their move. It sounds crazy, but just the way it goes. They'd only possibly all get behind a big, big name (Bob Stoops, Urban, maybe Matt Rhule). And those guys ain't happening for several reasons.

So the delusion of "they need to get their guy" needs to stop. Not aimed at you, just everyone in general. It's never happened, and with no alpha dog (Lowder) to keep things semi-under control it's even worse. Our best bet is to hope a coach can pull a Tubs and win in spite of them and then possibly win some over and build a firewall to the ones that don't like them.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, au302 said:

That's the problem, there is no guy they'll all get behind. These guys probably can't even agree on what to order for lunch during head coaching search meetings. Everyone says they want Freeze. Sure, one group will get behind Freeze, but then it will come out that another faction wants Steele. Oh wait now Jeff Grimes is emerging as a compromise candidate. There is a secret fourth candidate that ADAG/Roberts/Burgess really like.

We hire Freeze. One group is happy, but the others are pissed since they didn't get their way (again). They quietly wait for his first wrong move to make their move. It sounds crazy, but just the way it goes. They'd only possibly all get behind a big, big name (Bob Stoops, Urban, maybe Matt Rhule). And those guys ain't happening for several reasons.

So the delusion of "they need to get their guy" needs to stop. Not aimed at you, just everyone in general. It's never happened, and with no alpha dog (Lowder) to keep things semi-under control it's even worse. Our best bet is to hope a coach can pull a Tubs and win in spite of them and then possibly win some over and build a firewall to the ones that don't like them.

USC, LSU this off season and Tamu with jimbo a few years ago showed big names are available if you back up the brinks truck.  Everyone has a price if you keep upping the salary. And yes AU can absolutely pay the big bucks it would take to grab a big fish. Will they? They never have before….

Second your right. They never have been able to get on the same page. Until now. They all are on the same page that they don’t want Harsin. Go figure this would be what unites them. At least before in recent years chiz and Gus had some supporters and at least one faction supporting them and bankrolling some impressive recruiting classes. So I imagine that’s what it will be like moving forward. Certain segments of the PTB will be happy with whoever it is that is hired  and they will open back up the checkbooks again to help aid recruiting.  

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

When will AU fans learn ( and I was guilty of this last season. Shout out to @AUwent who even though he’s annoying af he had the beat on Harsin right away.) that head coaches show themselves to you right away on who they really are. You will know right away if a newly hired coach can hack it in the most cutthroat recruiting conference in all the land which is the sec. 

I think PTB may have been the first one.  I remember because it was a huge shocker to the forum.

11 hours ago, Zeek said:

Well, gymnastics just landed another 5* recruit so you could always switch to reporting on that sport.  I know that may sound sarcastic but that program is giving me the vibes that basketball did as Pearl was landing more and more top players.  For gymnastics, this is now the fourth year in a row they have landed a 5* recruiting, including a gold medalist who we convinced to return for her sophomore season.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

When will AU fans learn ( and I was guilty of this last season. Shout out to @AUwent who even though he’s annoying af he had the beat on Harsin right away.) that head coaches show themselves to you right away on who they really are. You will know right away if a newly hired coach can hack it in the most cutthroat recruiting conference in all the land which is the sec. 

Bruce Freaking Pearl in his first full recruiting class got a top 16 class in the country. He signed 3 247 composite four stars. Horace spencer and purifoy were both composite top 65 players. O and Bryce brown also was in that class. Only the second most prolific shooter in sec history. He was a 3 star without any power 5 offers I believe. That’s a grand slam of a eval by the staff. That is one of the biggest sports miracles I’ve ever seen. Coming on the heels of us being the absolute worst power 5 program in the country under he who shall not be named. He was in a way worse situation than Harsin inherited and he eventually dug himself out of it. How!? By stacking good recruiting classes together. Imagine that. What a novel concept. 

The absolute number 1 most important thing for a new coach is recruiting. You can survive bad or mediocre seasons on the field when you first are hired. You cannot survive underwhelming recruiting classes. Because that just guarantees the on the field product will continue to be underwhelming. Saban and bowl cut both had below average seasons their first season. Meh. Who cares when they responded with a number 1 recruiting class and a top 3-5 one. 

I say all of that to beg the Auburn fans who are still holding on and clinging to anything they can find to support their belief that Harsin will “figure it out “. He won’t. You either got it or don’t as a recruiter. Don’t make the mistake that so many did under Gus of blindly following and believing in someone for 8 long years before you see what had been obvious to most of us since 2015 with Gus. Now I don’t think Harsin will get 4 years let alone 8 to be fair 😂😂.

And for the people screaming to the rooftops that Harsin isn’t getting any help on the nil end of things? Well then that’s even more reason he’s got to go. They are never going to help him. So whats the point of him being our head coach? It is doing no one any good. Let the power brokers get their guy and for better or worse see how it shakes out. I doubt it can be any worse than this. It’s the only way recruiting and hopefully eventually the on field product will improve. /rant over

They had their chance to get their guy and they didn't pony up. I mean that’s all I heard all summer from the the eagle nest crew. 

• Like 3