Games in Israel Thread

toddc

We're beating who we are supposed to it seems. The talent is there regardless. 

Absolutely! I wasn't trying to be a downer. My heart says, "This team looks like it could be much better than last year." My head says, "Not likely."

• Like 1

Comparing this year's team to last year's: Jabari and Kessler vs. Traore and Westry and Broome plus all other players have more experience. I like it!

That's encouraging to see with the newcomers (or is it bad that our veterans aren't leading lol?) 

• Thanks 1

Auburn wins 107-71

solid win and everyone contributed 

Thank you for giving score update. Couldn’t watch and nobody was giving score updates. Be better y’all. 🤪

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

That's encouraging to see with the newcomers (or is it bad that our veterans aren't leading lol?) 

We mostly know what we can expect from the veterans. It’s a fantastic sign for the newcomers to play well. We aren’t winning the league with our vets as our top contributors.

• Like 4

For these two games it seems the team recognize their strengths and weaknesses. Not jacking up many 3s. However, I did see Cardwell and Broome take one and should never happen in game. I am hoping it won’t at least

Westry, Traore, Broome, Donaldson, and Flannigan

That's who my 5 would be.  

Deep ass team.  Like.

• Like 1

Looked like the refs let them play, very physical, moving picks and all that. Hope we can adjust when we get to sec ref quality officiating.

We were playing international rules.  Maybe that is a more lax officiating style?

Only had two refs for one thing.

Westry physically and defensively reminds me alot of a Dejounte Murray

Oh you mean this guy? 😏 

• Haha 2

Westry, Traore, Broome, Donaldson, and Flannigan

That's who my 5 would be.  

Deep ass team.  Like.

Donaldson is definitely going to make his case for starting caliber minutes next season. That guy’s velocity and accuracy on those transition passes, he might’ve been playing the wrong side of the ball in football.

Westry being as solid as he’s been so far when it came to facilitating might’ve hurt his chance to be a real contributor this season, but he’s got everything to be like a Sahvir Wheeler type and be top 10 in APG every season he starts 

Newcomers look insanely good. Westry and Traore are insane. Way better than I expected. Seems to me like we'll be really good if veterans like Flanny, KD, and Wendell can accept their roles as role players and get outta Broome, Westry, and Traore's ways.

No more selfish basketball of jacking up horrible shot after horrible shot when it's clearly not your night (KD SECT). Gimme some team oriented 2019 facilitating/unselfish basketball. Move the ball around to all these weapons. When they had Westry running point today it felt like that again to me. 

• Like 1

Donaldson is definitely going to make his case for starting caliber minutes next season. That guy’s velocity and accuracy on those transition passes, he might’ve been playing the wrong side of the ball in football.

Westry being as solid as he’s been so far when it came to facilitating might’ve hurt his chance to be a real contributor this season, but he’s got everything to be like a Sahvir Wheeler type and be top 10 in APG every season he starts 

Westry will be a one and done. 

Westry will be a one and done. 

I’m starting to think this is possible too. If he’s really 6’6 (or close) he’s a prototypical NBA wing. His offensive game is much smoother than I expected. (Caveat: sample is only two games vs questionable competition.)

He absolutely has to start in my opinion. Or bring him off the bench immediately (think Wendell last season) if we are that concerned with potential chemistry issues from demoting a vet. 

Once again Bruce seems to have nailed recruiting/the portal. 

Edited by Dunndone414
  • Like 1

Really like what i have seen from the team so far. Traore and Westry are going to be big time players for us this season. Traore is way more skilled than i expected. Such a smooth player for being a big guy. Broome has the best down low game of any big we have had since Pearl has been the coach here. I hope our guards learn how to get him the ball. 

I think this season we'll have a legit 10-12 man rotation that won't disappear once we get into SEC play. Really excited about our combination of experience and skill at all positions. This team can absolutely be better than last years team even if we don't have that top 5 NBA talent.