Mark My Word 2022

DaddyBoyAU

18 hours ago, Mikey said:

Every one of those positions is anchored by players that were here when Harsin arrived.

Honest to God, I don't know why I even bother with you. Enjoy your altered state of delusion sir. 

On 8/18/2022 at 4:11 PM, Eagle-1 said:

I think it's high time you realize that Harsin has upgraded the talent in almost every position room since he's been here. 

Do I have to actually lay it out for you, or can you research it yourself?

I'll help you a little.

DL- upgrade 

WR- major upgrade 

Edge- upgrade 

Secondary- upgrade 

QB- though we lost Nix it's overall still an upgrade 

RB- upgrade 

This feels like a stretch. These position groups might have the potential to be better. None of them have proven it yet. 

WR as the lone "major" upgrade seems off. None are a proven, special talent. Seth, Schwartz, and Stove were pretty formidable in 2020. In particular, I think many have already forgotten how good Seth was. Fought hard for the catch and just as hard for yards afterwards:

• Like 3

13 hours ago, bigbird said:

Why would you?   You just proved that about half the starters were brought in by CBH. Therefore disproving your initial assessment. Thanks.

It's amazing that players with less than a 9-12 months on campus have supplanted all that quality depth.

Half the starters? Are you nutz? You don't think I listed every starter, do you? You're being silly. What offensive starters were brought in by Harsin? Maybe one wide receiver, maybe not. One QB, by default. Nine starters from the previous staff.

The defense is at least 7-5 for older guys, maybe more. I know you have had a problem with simple arithmetic in times past, but this takes the cake.

Edited by Mikey

5 hours ago, Eagle-1 said:

Honest to God, I don't know why I even bother with you. Enjoy your altered state of delusion sir. 

Bother with this: Name the position group whose main players, "anchors" if you will, is not led by players recruited by the prior staff. That would have to exclude QB, who will be a new guy by default.

• Facepalm 1

So ignoring all that yelling by one certain old man above…

back on topic.

MMW:

1. Auburn has a 1,000 yard rusher and receiver next season. 
2. The defense allows less than 20 PPG

MMW, UCF has trouble recruiting OL, QB, WRs and returning players fail to improve

MMW, PSU fans report AU to be the best away game atmosphere they have ever experienced

MMW, AU finishes the season with 2 underclassman starting on the OL

MMW, Oregon and Bo Nix go undefeated in the PAC-12 but lose to the 3rd ranked of 3 SEC teams in the playoffs

MMW, 2 SEC coaches quit or get fired this season, but CBH gets a contract extension

8 hours ago, Mikey said:

Half the starters? Are you nutz? You don't think I listed every starter, do you? You're being silly. What offensive starters were brought in by Harsin? Maybe one wide receiver, maybe not. One QB, by default. Nine starters from the previous staff.

The defense is at least 7-5 for older guys, maybe more. I know you have had a problem with simple arithmetic in times past, but this takes the cake.

You're right, 7-5 older guys to guys CBH brought in. Which means you and your initial sensationalized post was wrong, again. Thanks again for proving it for all of us.

• Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, Ausburn2 said:

MMW @bigbird @Mikey The numbers will continue thru the season until an early signing period surprise.

MMW In a moment of Christmas spirit Bigbird and Mikey share Christmas cards with each other and agree to end the numbers war.

MMW In an AU campus event in the spring in which both Mikey and Bigbird attend they meet by accident standing in line. Bird says they are 6th in line. Mikey responds they are 7th. Ruffles Bird's feathers and immediately offers a feathered middle finger to Mikey. Mikey responds that that was wrong because he held up 2 middle fingers. The saga continues again.

you-robert-de-niro.gif

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

You're right, 7-5 older guys to guys CBH brought in. Which means you and your initial sensationalized post was wrong, again. Thanks again for proving it for all of us.

What are you drinking? 7-5 was a guess about the defense only. You conveniently ignore the 9 probable starters on offense that were signed by the prior staff. Also ignoring the kicker and punter plus the all-important deep snapper.

Right now it looks like 19 of the 25 starters will be holdover guys. To get you back on track, the topic here was the above assertion that Harsin had improved the quality of players at numerous positions. The numbers say otherwise.

6 hours ago, Mikey said:

What are you drinking? 7-5 was a guess about the defense only. You conveniently ignore the 9 probable starters on offense that were signed by the prior staff. Also ignoring the kicker and punter plus the all-important deep snapper.

Right now it looks like 19 of the 25 starters will be holdover guys. To get you back on track, the topic here was the above assertion that Harsin had improved the quality of players at numerous positions. The numbers say otherwise.

See, I knew all along that Gus got too much credit for 2013. It was all those players Chizik recruited. 

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, Eagle-1 said:

See, I knew all along that Gus got too much credit for 2013. It was all those players Chizik recruited. 

It's like he arms, buries, and steps on the mine all by himself...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, Mikey said:

Right now it looks like 19 of the 25 starters will be holdover guys.

So when you said...

On 8/18/2022 at 9:59 PM, Mikey said:

Every one of those positions is anchored by players that were here when Harsin arrived.

...were you misremembering, misconstruing, or just spewing more of your well established CBH hate routine?

• Facepalm 1

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

So when you said...

...were you misremembering, misconstruing, or just spewing more of your well established CBH hate routine?

I think you are arguing just for the sake of it. Not every starter anchors his position group. That's a thing you know very well. Some groups have more than one starter, so every starter being the main guy (anchor) is mathematically impossible. The leaders and anchors of their position groups are by and large holdovers. 19 of the 25 starters are holdovers. The above claim, that Harsin has upgraded many position groups is therefore not accurate.

Furthermore, it's not getting better, it's getting worse. Right now Rivals has our 2023 recruiting at #58 nationally and 12th in the SEC. Anybody that thinks we can follow up last year's mediocre group with that and still be competitive is living in la-la land.

• Like 1

MArk my word: Auburn beats the over for wins for the season. And goes undefeated at home. 

Mark my word: AU fans still fight amongst themselves about whether CBH is cut out for Auburn and SEC. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Mikey said:

Not every starter anchors his position group.

goal-post-moving.gif

5 hours ago, Mikey said:

The above claim, Harsin has upgraded many position groups is therefore not accurate.

Every position group besides OL has been upgraded by this staff. The overall talent level and health of this roster is far and away better off than even last year.  That's what happens when you replace buried back ups (with little to no PT) with current starters and #2's (with actual power 5 contribution). To deny it, just continues the consistent and cacophonous drone from you and your ilk.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

12 hours ago, bigbird said:

It's like he arms, buries, and steps on the mine all by himself...

Only in your dreams. You wishing it were so doesn't make it so.

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

Every position group besides OL has been upgraded by this staff.

Let's look at the receivers, for example. That's the group that's generated the most talk from Harsin enthusiasts. Do you really think what we'll put on the field this season will be better than the prior staff's last season? Their final season had Seth Williams, Anthony Schwartz and Eli Stove at the WR position. I don't see any upgrade from from that group. Even the most promising young WR this upcoming season, Landen King, had been signed by Auburn in the early signing period, December 16th. That's before Harsin was hired.

1 minute ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Mikey, does being right all the time ever get old?

I'm not right all the time. I thought AU hiring Bruce Pearl as head basketball coach was a mistake. Being wrong once every ten years or so keeps me humble.

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Let's look at the receivers, for example. That's the group that's generated the most talk from Harsin enthusiasts. Do you really think what we'll put on the field this season will be better than the prior staff's last season? Their final season had Seth Williams, Anthony Schwartz and Eli Stove at the WR position. I don't see any upgrade from from that group. Even the most promising young WR this upcoming season, Landen King, had been signed by Auburn in the early signing period, December 16th. That's before Harsin was hired.

Yes, I think we will have higher, more consistent play from our receivers. Like all other positions under the other regime, the three you mentioned severely underperformed 

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Yes, I think we will have higher, more consistent play from our receivers. Like all other positions under the other regime, the three you mentioned severely underperformed 

I don't think this year's group will be as good as Williams, Schwartz and Stove were. Maybe one of us should bookmark this thread so we can re-visit it in December.

35 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I don't think this year's group will be as good as Williams, Schwartz and Stove were. Maybe one of us should bookmark this thread so we can re-visit it in December.

Well, you're in the right thread...Your words have been marked

• Thanks 1

Mark My Words: Auburn passes for 3,000 yards this season. It might not be all one QB, because I think Hars likes to give more than one guy game time, but we're going to see a passing game that surpasses what we've been getting by a fair margin.

Mark My Words: By December, Mikey will either have adopted the mantra that he always supported Harsin, just like he acknowledged it was time for Malzahn to go long before he was actually terminated. . . or he will have disappeared from AUFamily altogether.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Rednilla said:

Mark My Words: By December, Mikey will either have adopted the mantra that he always supported Harsin, just like he acknowledged it was time for Malzahn to go long before he was actually terminated. . . or he will have disappeared from AUFamily altogether.

You lose this on both counts. I started off optimistic about Harsin. Then the five losses, failed recruiting and other issues were revealed in time.  I'm feeling like Mark Twain. He said: "I support my country all the time and my government when it deserves it." I support Auburn all the time and a coaching staff when it deserves it. So far, other than talk about "culture", there is nothing this staff has accomplished that deserves support or even optimism.

About the other ridiculous claim: I was here on this site before you came and with any luck I'll be here after you are gone.

• Haha 1