Surprise Uniforms?

Zeek

Although, if they do wear them, the Friday equipment post needs to show blue.  Needs to actually be a surprise.  Today we are more informed as ever with social media, but 1 curse of it is the spoiling of surprises.  

If they come out in orange jerseys (or some other gimmick) and get the crap beat out of them they going to look like a bunch of fools.  Flashback to that Bammer/UGA “blackout” game where it was 31 -0 at the half and the Dawg fans were streaming toward the exits.  

I hope the team isn't worried about what color jersey they wear. Same for Harsin. They just need to win the dang ballgame and not worry what they look like. It's not like we ran roughshod over our 1st 2 opponents. 

• Thanks 1

Too many people here look at this through the eyes of a 40-50-60-something year old man (because they are). Through the eyes of a 18-22 year old kid, strutting out for a marquee game wearing a uniform that's never been worn before could be motivating as hell.

If we do it, I'd hope the players are pumped up about it. If the players couldn't care less, I would hate for the program to bring that attention to them. But I'd bet a six pack they would be excited about it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, weagl1 said:

If they come out in orange jerseys (or some other gimmick) and get the crap beat out of them they going to look like a bunch of fools.  Flashback to that Bammer/UGA “blackout” game where it was 31 -0 at the half and the Dawg fans were streaming toward the exits.  

These guys don't play scared, and if we lose, it won't be because of the color of jersey they're wearing.  I'm superstitious AF, but the players want it...give it to them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

42 minutes ago, Auburn02 said:

Too many people here look at this through the eyes of a 40-50-60-something year old man (because they are). Through the eyes of a 18-22 year old kid, strutting out for a marquee game wearing a uniform that's never been worn before could be motivating as hell.

If we do it, I'd hope the players are pumped up about it. If the players couldn't care less, I would hate for the program to bring that attention to them. But I'd bet a six pack they would be excited about it.

I resemble that remark.  🤣

You’re right.   Our players would get pumped up by it.  So yeah, I’m all for it!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, weagl1 said:

I can’t stand bama.   But that was hilarious!!!!   It’s not fun when you’re the punchline, but everyone else seems to enjoy it.  🤷‍♂️

52 minutes ago, Auburn02 said:

You gotta understand where the malcontents are coming from: it’s impossible for a player to be hype for a cool looking uniform AND want to win regardless of what they come out in. It’s physically impossible! 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Auburn02 said:

It's possible, but if wearing a certain color jersey is that big of a motivation to play a B1G opponent then you should have gone to a G5 school.

Auburn players should be motivated to earn back the respect the program used to have. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

We wear orange jerseys in basketball and baseball. Seems like we should get them eventually in football

It's not fair to the football team that they can't wear orange, it makes no sense?!?! add softball to that list as well.. 

I would be really surprised to see oranges jerseys which means this would have had to be in the works for a while. I am not sure if UA could get 100 plus jerseys done in a week or two.
Also with people so in love with social media someone would have leaked it by now. When Georgia did it things weren’t as bad as they are now. MySpace was probably still around 😆 

12 minutes ago, woodford said:

It's possible, but if wearing a certain color jersey is that big of a motivation to play a B1G opponent then you should have gone to a G5 school.

Auburn players should be motivated to earn back the respect the program used to have. 

tell me what that looks like from a consistency standpoint.

Some things in the world do not need improving. ie Undeveloped stretches of the Tallapoosa River above Lake Martin and Auburn Uniforms. Some day youngsters will grow to understand this.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Since nobody else will take the bait….

774AB62D-34E9-4D95-8B0B-0473621749D5.gif

You fellas been doing a bit of boozin', have ya? Suckin back on grandpa's old cough medicine?

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, weagl1 said:

First time they came out in black was against us in 07, not 08. We got rolled that game.

1 hour ago, woodford said:

Emotion plays a much larger part than most people think. For example the same argument could be applied to the entire concept of momentum in a game but I think most would agree that is a thing that exists based on emotion/mood. "If the defense gets a turnover and it sparks the offense, maybe you should have gone to a G5 school."

Edited by Auburn02
  • Like 2

Emotion plays a much larger part than most people think. For example the same argument could be applied to the entire concept of momentum in a game but I think most would agree that is a thing that exists based on emotion/mood. "If the defense gets a turnover and it sparks the offense, maybe you should have gone to a G5 school."

Don't really know how to respond to this lol

Two totally different things, but I digress

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Some things in the world do not need improving. ie Undeveloped stretches of the Tallapoosa River above Lake Martin and Auburn Uniforms. Some day youngsters will grow to understand this.

Uh,nah!  Nothing personal, Salty, but the notion of never changing is nonsense and myopic. Listen, Moses and I were buddies in kindergarten, so, yeah, I’ve been around the track more times than I care to admit.  That said, I am 100% in favor of periodically wearing a different and cool uniform!

Bring on the orange jerseys. Geeze, some folks are acting like a different uniform is a sacrilege.  Understand this, the younger generations, especially the players, deserve their day in the sunshine.  Too many older folks who are not willing to change.  I’m not one of them. 

Moreover, it’s totally obvious that many of the players are quite demonstrative.  Let them be who they are!  Put them in orange jerseys!

War Eagle…beat Penn State. 

• Like 4

15 hours ago, RunInRed said:

I may be wrong but I don’t think Orange jerseys are in the cards for Saturday.

Let's do it next year.  If Harsin goes 7-8 wins this season and the team is trending up next season then I say let's do it.