Who do you start next week at qb?

gr82b4au

2 minutes ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

Ashford then implement the triple option and let tank and jarquez split 50 carries 

Who’s going to block for them?

3 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

Grasping at straws but would having Brahms had made a difference (not saying we’d win obviously) having an experienced center couldn’t have hurt.

I don't think so with his knee problems

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

I’m not defending this dude or saying I miss him when I say this…but so many of us said the same thing last 3 years, the issue wasn’t the QB, it was the o-line. We are having very very similar issues we’ve had for the last few years with different QB’s. Same issues, different QB’s. Sooooo much of good quarterback play comes from good o-line play. Just average play would be better than what we’ve had. We have many many offensive issues but it starts with the same common dominator we’ve had for the last few years…o-line. 

Because We’ve had s***ty OL’s in those years, too. Gus shat the bed on OLs.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

47 minutes ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

Block is a strong word.. If they can just sort of "get in the way" of the defense that should still be better than the current plan. 

We could have put a practice dummy at RT today and accomplished just as much. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Because We’ve had s***ty OL’s in those years, too. Gus shat the bed on OLs.

gus was still able to pound the ball down other teams throats game in and game out but today tank had 9 carries for 39 yards. that's brutal. I think the @ Clemson game was the only time we were not able to rush the ball although fortunately they proved to be a Natty team. 

• Facepalm 1

I guess they are afraid to play Calzada because our OL would help him reinjure that shoulder. Better get a long snapper and put Robby in a 10 yard shotgun so he can get off a pass once in a while. 

13 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Robby or Geriner. Both Freshmen. Go with a young guy.

Honestly, until DLs quit looking like a jailbreak getting after the QB, it won’t matter who is back there.  

As bad as our O-line is at blocking and protecting the QB I would start Ashford and hope you can get something going with the running game. Limit passing to screens, slants, and short passes with an occasional shot down the field. Our O-line can't seem to give any QB any protection at all. It is what it is.

2 hours ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

Block is a strong word.. If they can just sort of "get in the way" of the defense that should still be better than the current plan. 

Excellent response!

They may not all have the same level of secondary play, but Ark, LSU, MSU, UA and UGA can all mirror what Penn St did with the pass rush (most of that list can do MUCH better) 

You might as well see what Robert looks like with a full gameplan. I still think the kid just makes too many back breaking bad decisions throwing that are overtly whiffs, but asking TJ to do what he did for the first 2 1/2 quarters of this game is asking too much out of anyone 

It’s absolutely insane that there are guys on this oline playing this poorly. I mean I watched linemen literally not touch a defensive-lineman today as they went right f-in by them, untouched.

Edited by Tiger Refuge
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

gus was still able to pound the ball down other teams throats game in and game out but today tank had 9 carries for 39 yards. that's brutal. I think the @ Clemson game was the only time we were not able to rush the ball although fortunately they proved to be a Natty team. 

I don’t know how many teams we pounded it on in 2020, but there were not many 

• Thanks 1