AU’s Next Head Coach

AU-24

https://auburnwire.usatoday.com/lists/auburn-football-bryan-harsin-deion-sanders-hugh-freeze-lane-kiffin-sec-head-coaching-search/

CFB media addresses Bryan Harsin, potential Auburn candidates

Would love to have anyone on the list. Dion becoming more interesting, but he’s on a different mission I believe.

Stoops on the list! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

https://auburnwire.usatoday.com/lists/auburn-football-bryan-harsin-deion-sanders-hugh-freeze-lane-kiffin-sec-head-coaching-search/

CFB media addresses Bryan Harsin, potential Auburn candidates

Would love to have anyone on the list. Dion becoming more interesting, but he’s on a different mission I believe.

Stoops on the list! 

https://www.breitbart.com/sports/2022/08/24/primetime-advice-deion-sanders-tells-players-no-slides-no-wifebeaters-and-shower-before-1st-day-of-school/amp/

“School, we got school today, right? So I want you to listen to me clearly and succinctly,” Sanders told his team. “No slides (sandals). No slides. No armpits exposed. No wifebeaters (tank-top shirts). Sit in the front of the classroom and be the perfect gentleman because when it comes down to it, and you need help, that professor is going to recall your character and who you’ve been consistently in that class.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Would love to have him, but I think he’s just on a different mission. The rumor is he was upset that Florida State wouldn’t even interview him because he had no head coaching experience. So if he really wanted to show Florida State, he could come to Auburn or a George Tech or something. Time will tell.

10 minutes ago, AUCE05 said:

We fire Hars yet?

This is no time to get mired up in those minor details!   We on a roll!  Grab your pitchfork and let’s go!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, AU-24 said:

https://www.breitbart.com/sports/2022/08/24/primetime-advice-deion-sanders-tells-players-no-slides-no-wifebeaters-and-shower-before-1st-day-of-school/amp/

“School, we got school today, right? So I want you to listen to me clearly and succinctly,” Sanders told his team. “No slides (sandals). No slides. No armpits exposed. No wifebeaters (tank-top shirts). Sit in the front of the classroom and be the perfect gentleman because when it comes down to it, and you need help, that professor is going to recall your character and who you’ve been consistently in that class.

Brietbart.com, huh?

image.gif.19d27f71bfd87d59ec5dfbb9a87f3b1a.gif

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, MaxCohen216 said:

Kiffin, Freeze, Sanders.  In that order.  But I'd take any one of the three and go celebrate.

Flip your list and you've got mine. 

• Like 1

I’m going Kiffin, Grimes, Sanders, and Freeze. Two years ago I would have put Freeze just below Kiffin, but I really want Auburn to get a likeable person, and a Freeze hire would just make it an Auburn hired Hugh Freeze😱 type situation in the media.

I want Deion because it's time for drastic action, despite the risk. Let's take a leap because the ceiling is catching Bama and UGA. Or we can play it safe and get back to 8-4 while continuing to standby.

If we want to play it safe though, Stoops is a good choice. He is basically gonna implement the Boise way, but instead of an outsider like Hars he is an SEC guy

• Like 2

My biggest fear is we hit the situation we hit last time and all the good coaches take a look at us and say “ yea f*** that”. We didn’t exactly have people crawling on broken glass last time.

1 minute ago, au302 said:.

If we want to play it safe though, Stoops is a good choice. He is basically gonna implement the Boise way, but instead of an outsider like Hars he is an SEC guy

Stoops would definitely be a safe hire but I’m not sure he can’t be just as successful as big brother Bob, if given the right resources. 

After thinking on it, I have to go Sanders. Biggest unknown Coach with the biggest “possible” upside. If it works it would be a program changer! If it failed, it would still have positive impacts on the program from a publicity and talent standpoint. Would we be worse in 3 years with Sanders as the coach? I can’t see that happening. However, if it works it could put AU in the elite. Heck, his name alone would bring money to the program and fans to see how he does.

My question is what are his sons classified as. I am sure he enjoys coaching them and wants to see that through first. Not like he is hurting for money. I believe coach Prime still has some things that he wants to see through. 

Edited by e808

46 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

My biggest fear is we hit the situation we hit last time and all the good coaches take a look at us and say “ yea f*** that”. We didn’t exactly have people crawling on broken glass last time.

Agreed. 

1 hour ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Stoops would definitely be a safe hire but I’m not sure he can’t be just as successful as big brother Bob, if given the right resources. 

I’m not convinced the resource gap is as big as it used to be. Most of the P5 schools now have tricked out facilities, beautiful stadiums(some bigger than others but still fine), state of the art weight rooms, dozens of analyst, etc…And most of the coaches are already multi millionaires. We will find a good coach but we will lose out on some top candidates because of the drama and dysfunctional reputation of our school. That’s a sad reality.