Harsin needs one more year

Johndunc

1 hour ago, Hay Field 101 said:

Looks like i picked the wrong week to quit drinking, smoking, sniffing glue, and taking amphetamines. 

come see me i will share a bowl or a couple ov vape hits with you.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

What does Harsin do well? Can anyone tell me?

Hes a great self promoter. Looks the part, talks the part. Excels at calling “his” reporters to expose how mean the Auburn people are to him when hes really a great coach thats totally unappreciated by the peons here in Auburn.

• Dislike 1

What if new AD crawls out from under a rock somewhere and does his independent research and determines CBH has been treated unfairly and should get another year? Will there be a meltdown rivaling 3-mlie Island? All seriousness aside 😁do you think maybe Harsin has been told by Roberts he will be terminated after the Iron Bowl. Just don't tell anyone and he will get his buyout without a fight and without spreading of dirty laundry by either party.  Mods probably know a lot more than they share, but it's going to be hard to separate fact from fiction. And what if a miracle of miracles occurs and we win the next four games. I'm beginning to be concerned we won't have enough players to finish the season.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

4 hours ago, autan said:

What if new AD crawls out from under a rock somewhere and does his independent research and determines CBH has been treated unfairly and should get another year? Will there be a meltdown rivaling 3-mlie Island? All seriousness aside 😁do you think maybe Harsin has been told by Roberts he will be terminated after the Iron Bowl. Just don't tell anyone and he will get his buyout without a fight and without spreading of dirty laundry by either party.  Mods probably know a lot more than they share, but it's going to be hard to separate fact from fiction. And what if a miracle of miracles occurs and we win the next four games. I'm beginning to be concerned we won't have enough players to finish the season.

Not sure why you were downvoted but good point about potential for a deal to get his buyout and bounce without drama and gossip.

Some Mods seem to subtley prep folks for Grimes but it could be personal preference as opposed to actual insider info. 

I wonder if Auburn is waiting/hoping that he gets and takes a job out West? It seems really hard to imagine him getting another job offer with how things have gone here. But maybe other schools just think this was a bad fit and he is still a decent coaching candidate? Its really the only thing i can come up with as to why they have not fired him. Its a huge risk to take because you throw away next season as well if he does not take another job. If there is no appetite to fire him and pay the buyout now then i don't think that changes at the end of the season. 

6 minutes ago, gravejd said:

I wonder if Auburn is waiting/hoping that he gets and takes a job out West? It seems really hard to imagine him getting another job offer with how things have gone here. But maybe other schools just think this was a bad fit and he is still a decent coaching candidate? Its really the only thing i can come up with as to why they have not fired him. Its a huge risk to take because you throw away next season as well if he does not take another job. If there is no appetite to fire him and pay the buyout now then i don't think that changes at the end of the season. 

They aren’t going to fire him without first hiring an AD. That is a very logical conclusion 

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

They aren’t going to fire him without first hiring an AD. That is a very logical conclusion 

Then that means its not a forgone conclusion he is being fired right? Thats its the new AD that will make the decision. Just trying to rationalize what the AU admin is doing right now and why Harsin is still the coach. Probably a worthless exercise to understand the mind set. I don't see why you wait for the new AD to come in and fire him unless there is a chance he stays. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, gravejd said:

I wonder if Auburn is waiting/hoping that he gets and takes a job out West?

Who exactly wanted this guy before we hired him? He was a coach at a decent program and yet had absolutely zero buzz beyond the "Pat Dye 2.0" narrative Auburn fans created themselves. Now, if nothing else, the guy has proven he doesn't recruit, doesn't get along well with others, refuses to connect with the fan base, media and administration and had given an SEC school it's first back to back losing season in decades. 

If someone hires this guy outside of a high school, I have some beachfront property in Nebraska I'd like to sell them. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, gravejd said:

Then that means it’s not a forgone conclusion he is being fired right? Thats its the new AD that will make the decision. Just trying to rationalize what the AU admin is doing right now and why Harsin is still the coach. Probably a worthless exercise to understand the mind set. I don't see why you wait for the new AD to come in and fire him unless there is a chance he stays. 

I have been said he was not going to get fired to the end of the year. Auburn has never in my lifetime fires anyone this early in the season. That was fools gold IMO. If Gene made it a full year with guys who blatantly quit on him, I figured CBH won’t get fired till the end. Therefore, it is no rush for them to hire an AD.

3 minutes ago, gravejd said:

Then that means its not a forgone conclusion he is being fired right? Thats its the new AD that will make the decision. Just trying to rationalize what the AU admin is doing right now and why Harsin is still the coach. Probably a worthless exercise to understand the mind set. I don't see why you wait for the new AD to come in and fire him unless there is a chance he stays. 

I just think there is so much that goes into it and right now there is nobody in place in Auburn to make those decisions. Obviously Rich is not going to make the call because he has not made it yet. If you fired the head coach, who calls the plays? Do you fire the OC and DC as well since they are connected? Who runs the team? Who runs recruiting? Team meetings, conference calls, booster meetings, radio engagements, etc. etc. Auburn football is a business. 

8 minutes ago, DAG said:

I have been said he was not going to get fired to the end of the year. Auburn has never in my lifetime fires anyone this early in the season. That was fools gold IMO. If Gene made it a full year with guys who blatantly quit on him, I figured CBH won’t get fired till the end. Therefore, it is no rush for them to hire an AD.

I agree with you however I think the main difference these days is the new signing day. Now that recruiting has been moved up to December, every team seems to be firing their coach mid season to try to get a Headstart on finding a new coach to save recruiting. 

Of course we don’t even have an AD so…

18 hours ago, Hay Field 101 said:

Looks like i picked the wrong week to quit drinking, smoking, sniffing glue, and taking amphetamines. 

Surely, you can't be serious...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

7 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

I agree with you however I think the main difference these days is the new signing day. Now that recruiting has been moved up to December, every team seems to be firing their coach mid season to try to get a Headstart on finding a new coach to save recruiting. 

Of course we don’t even have an AD so…

Yep! Trust I been saying this process is slow and we should’ve had an AD within one month of Greene departure. It is not like this was a surprise .

• Like 1

On 10/25/2022 at 5:36 PM, Johndunc said:

I really don’t think any coach that inherited what he did could have done any better.

He inherited a team that hadn't had a losing record in eight years and promptly coached them down to a losing record. This year will be worse than last year. He didn't retain many of his best players and can't hire satisfactory assistant coaches. He's inept at his job of coaching in the SEC and the sooner he's fired the better.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Tigerfinz said:

Surely, you can't be serious...

do people really still sniff glue? i watched some folks try that crap and you could see the brain cells melting away.

Just now, aubiefifty said:

do people really still sniff glue? i watched some folks try that crap and you could see the brain cells melting away.

I was responding as if we were watching Airplane...where the quote came from...lol. but I'm sure people still are...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tigerfinz said:

I was responding as if we were watching Airplane...where the quote came from...lol. but I'm sure people still are...

i was just talking. i am lonely today for some odd reason.

Just now, aubiefifty said:

i was just talking. i am lonely today for some odd reason.

You're good Fifty!  I figured you would have picked up the reference...lol. we are all lonely sometimes brother, that's why we need each other!  Have a great day! War Eagle!

• Like 1

I am late to this topic it has already gone to 6 pages. I read a few but don't have time to read them all so I will just give my view on the topic.  I may have been Harsin's biggest supporter I liked that he had managed to win at a program like Boise that had none of the advantages of Auburn.  Auburn in the middle of one of the best recruiting areas of the US, we have name recognition one of the few teams to have won a national championship both in past are and recent era, great campus, family atmosphere, etc. I loved the way Harsin presented himself in initial interviews as a man who loved the game beleived in hard work and actually seemed like a modern Pat Dye.

Then reality set in. Large number of players leaving after 1st year I assumed they didn't fit his culture and he wanted his type player then rumor's about not going out into state and meeting HS coaches. I gave him benefit of the doubt as he came in late was busy catching up and middle of covid. Then the debacle in February with some of it being very unfair especially some of the more salacious internet rumor's. Again I gave him benefit of the doubt. 

This year he still has not gotten out and met the Alabama HS coaches, Saban is a known quantity but still meets these coaches, Other new coaches with less of the advantages then Auburn killing us on the recruiting trail and finally the product he has put on the field this year has been abysmal. 

I have always said a new coach needs a minimum of 3 years but should get 4 years to get his players in and his system working but his performance has been so bad that more time will not make a difference and now he is losing talented players by not allowing them to Redshirt.   This year our team seems to play ok in 1st half then other teams make adjustments we don't or if we do we make wrong adjustments and we look bad in second half. Our Offense is anemic and our defense is being gashed add in players leaving in Portal and an anemic recruiting class and he has to go this year,

Edited by AuburnNTexas
  • Like 1