My closing case for Deion

auburnatl1

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

Two & 3/4 years. At a school well below the level of Troy. There is zero evidence that being able to bring a few good prospects to JSU while selling the guys on helping build up HBCU schools will translate into competing for multiple prospects against other P5 programs.

Could Sanders be a great hire if the fan's pipe dreams were to come true? Sure. He could also be a total bust if he gets to a major program and is suddenly the little dog that caught the car and doesn't know what to do next.

When I say "several years" and you correct me with "two & 3/4 years," it deflates any interest I have in debating. 

• Love 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, cbo said:

When I say "several years" and you correct me with "two & 3/4 years," it deflates any interest I have in debating. 

Ok.

11 hours ago, Mikey said:

Maybe he doesn't want a lower classification school. He's a solid HC prospect. Experienced and he's familiar with Auburn. Maybe AU hires Grimes, maybe not. He's a better bet than many who have been speculated about.

Lower classification. Something Prime has under his HC belt. And Grimes does not. 

3 impressive points against K State. Would just be awesome to see against SEC defenses. Offense is supposed to be his forte. 

If AU hires Grimes, it will be many more years of losing records. 

3 minutes ago, Viper said:

See my Harsin predictions and you’ll have a change of mind. 

A blind bat could have seen the Harsin failure.  If you griped prior to his appearance at Auburn, fine. I was down on him a little later, around February of 2021.

11 hours ago, cbo said:

Let it go. All threads will inevitably mutate to Hugh threads eventually. There’s a few folks that it’s gone cultish. He beat bama, he’s cheap (that’s what happens when there’s absolutely no market for you), and the hell with the rest. And somebody would actually have to pay a substantial buy out to get him.  What can you say.

Edited by auburnatl1

3 minutes ago, Mikey said:

A blind bat could have seen the Harsin failure.  If you griped prior to his appearance at Auburn, fine. I was down on him a little later, around February of 2021.

As I said a billion times, no one knew who the hell Harsin was. THAT was the problem. I had him ousted November 2021 because our pathetic recruiting continued to nosedive. And of course, no one agreed.

In fact, I made several posts stating it’s sad our RB Coach has more clout than Harsin. And of course, many disagreed with that, including one mod, who has since admitted he was wrong.

Now look at Cadillac. EVERYONE knows he’s the HC. After TWO games. He always had more clout than Harsin. That cannot happen.

Grimes barely has more clout than Harsin. Sure, we remember him from 10 years ago. How about the current recruits/transfers in the AL/GA/FL footprint? Not a chance. But they sure as hell know who Prime and Kiffin are.

Back on topic. This is a Sanders thread and I still believe he’s the highest ceiling, instant impact option available. By far. With no buy out or 10 yr contract. Him being worth over $100m has its advantages to us.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

12 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Back on topic. This is a Sanders thread and I still believe he’s the highest ceiling, instant impact option available. By far. With no buy out or 10 yr contract. Him being worth over $100m has its advantages to us.

This!

12 hours ago, Mikey said:

Two & 3/4 years. At a school well below the level of Troy. There is zero evidence that being able to bring a few good prospects to JSU while selling the guys on helping build up HBCU schools will translate into competing for multiple prospects against other P5 programs.

Could Sanders be a great hire if the fan's pipe dreams were to come true? Sure. He could also be a total bust if he gets to a major program and is suddenly the little dog that caught the car and doesn't know what to do next.

I agree with all of this!!

Let's just say that the Deion fans here at Auburn get their wish and we hire him as HC. 90% of what we hear positive about Deion is that he would relate to recruits and he would be recruiting at a top level. So if he recruits at a top level, that means that he will have us on the same level as Alabama and Georgia. 

Then what?? We know that Nick Saban and any staff he has under him can coach and win titles. We know that Kirby Smart and his staff can coach and win titles. 

Deion hasn't proven anything as far as coaching. If Harsin winning at Boise State doesn't prove a coach can win at Auburn then Deion having 1 or 2 good years at an FCS school for sure doesn't prove anything. 

Just like our fans are caught up in their emotions because Caddy had an overtime loss at Mississippi State and beat Jimbo by a FG, the Deion fans are also caught up in their emotions because they've watched some JSU hype videos on YouTube. 

I was onboard with letting Gus go but if he gets fired for 8 winning seasons, an SEC Title and NC game appearance and 3 wins against Alabama then our next Auburn coach better not be a RB coach with no experience or a guy that loves the camera and wins at his FCS school. 

We better get a coach with SEC experience and a proven winner at this level and not somebody thats just a hype man in jewelry with his PR team filming his every move. 

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

Prime is my first choice.

I would also be very happy LK.

If LK stays in Oxford, Prime should be the next in line. If AU has a chance (if LK and Prime are willing to come) to get one of the two and we settle on Freeze with supposedly all the PTB pulling together that’s is JABA...

I think Freeze would be Gus 2.0. Solid but not great. 

4 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

I Just like our fans are caught up in their emotions because Caddy had an overtime loss at Mississippi State and beat Jimbo by a FG, the Deion fans are also caught up in their emotions because they've watched some JSU hype videos on YouTube. I

Deion and caddy aren’t and shouldn’t be compared. Other than both being evangelical personality types, they couldn’t be more different. It’s not hype or emotion thinking . It’s the right analytical decision of ceiling vs risk and cost. If you don’t believe that, that’s your right.  But respectfully, your points have  been brought up 500 times before. If you don’t see it. Fine. But let’s stop looping

One of the more humorous things you will find on the Sanders thread is if you support him inevitably a dummy will say everybody that supports him is cultish or blind because THEY don't know anything about him. Then if you were to try to educate them they would get offended.

Many can't understand Sanders impact because they don't understand the culture aspect of his effect. But also if you tried to explain the culture aspect then they are uncomfortable with that as well because you have to look at the demographic of this board. Once again this could be explained but there's not many who is really interested. They are more set in their ways in thing something like a coach yelling is the motivating factor needed for success, which is why most on here are embarrassed and don't want to really talk about how they were dupped by Harsin in the first base. 

Unfortunately we don't have any mods on this site who can really speak or understand that part as well. You have a few on here that could explain but of course I can't because you know I will speak on race so much that I have to be hated. I'm also sure some others have watched me and why would anybody want to deal with that right?

I think I saw someone mention something about wearing a gold chain and stupid stuff like that......it's the closed mindedness of things such as that, that Sanders would actually help close a gap with that this school so badly needs.

Whether the older demographic likes it or not you won't have a successful program with black athletes period. Common sense would tell you, you would want to be more welcoming and inclusive to ALL groups if you want to maximize talent. Sanders is a hero to African American culture. So if your minds could fathom the thought of your Babe Ruth's, Tom Brady's, Johnny Unitas, Larry Bird's being accessible....that's the type of impact we're talking here.

But just as I know this will get disliked and face palmed and all of that that's how bad and blind many can't see. No different how literally none of you could see the team was being lost by what you all perceived to be nothing and minor decisions and you all laughed and stuff......But a year later when your team sucks and you're a joke and you have to watch your rivals be successful it woke a bunch of people up real quick right? 

But as usual we'll see in the future right?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, cole256 said:

One of the more humorous things you will find on the Sanders thread is if you support him inevitably a dummy will say everybody that supports him is cultish or blind because THEY don't know anything about him. Then if you were to try to educate them they would get offended.

Many can't understand Sanders impact because they don't understand the culture aspect of his effect. But also if you tried to explain the culture aspect then they are uncomfortable with that as well because you have to look at the demographic of this board. Once again this could be explained but there's not many who is really interested. They are more set in their ways in thing something like a coach yelling is the motivating factor needed for success, which is why most on here are embarrassed and don't want to really talk about how they were dupped by Harsin in the first base. 

Unfortunately we don't have any mods on this site who can really speak or understand that part as well. You have a few on here that could explain but of course I can't because you know I will speak on race so much that I have to be hated. I'm also sure some others have watched me and why would anybody want to deal with that right?

I think I saw someone mention something about wearing a gold chain and stupid stuff like that......it's the closed mindedness of things such as that, that Sanders would actually help close a gap with that this school so badly needs.

Whether the older demographic likes it or not you won't have a successful program with black athletes period. Common sense would tell you, you would want to be more welcoming and inclusive to ALL groups if you want to maximize talent. Sanders is a hero to African American culture. So if your minds could fathom the thought of your Babe Ruth's, Tom Brady's, Johnny Unitas, Larry Bird's being accessible....that's the type of impact we're talking here.

But just as I know this will get disliked and face palmed and all of that that's how bad and blind many can't see. No different how literally none of you could see the team was being lost by what you all perceived to be nothing and minor decisions and you all laughed and stuff......But a year later when your team sucks and you're a joke and you have to watch your rivals be successful it woke a bunch of people up real quick right? 

But as usual we'll see in the future right?

We think you Sanders worshippers are a cult because of this post right here. Those of us who are hesitant to want Deion hired get lectured on how ignorant and backwards we are because we question the validity of a guy who has only been a college HC for like 3 years and it has been at the FCS level. If you are others were like "Yeah, he lacks experience and I see your point but...." But no that's not it. It's always "you're ignorant and you don't want change." Do you see any Kiffin fans on here lecturing other posters who don't want him on morality or their character? Jesus, dude. It's CFB. It's entertainment and leisure. Means absolutely nothing in the abstract.

"If you don't want Deion hired then you just don't understand" = "I can't logically defend my argument for Deion so I will subvert any argument or point you have by using race and culture therefore rendering anything you say as offensive or useless." 

Now you're just making sh*t up. Not a single human being on this website is advocating to not recruit black athletes. That is the worst attempt I have ever seen on a forum and that's saying something. You are just lying therefore destroying any legitimacy you had. "more inclusive" LMAO yeah Auburn (and every other CFB program) only recruits one single type of human being. You're totally right. 

I know plenty of white Gen X'ers or older millennials who loved Deion growing up and every single FSU fan I know regardless of their age or race thinks he hung the moon. He is like their Bo Jackson. Race has absolutely nothing to do with it. Nice try.

Seek help

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, woodford said:

We think you Sanders worshippers are a cult because of this post right here. Those of us who are hesitant to want Deion hired get lectured on how ignorant and backwards we are because we question the validity of a guy who has only been a college HC for like 3 years and it has been at the FCS level. If you are others were like "Yeah, he lacks experience and I see your point but...." But no that's not it. It's always "you're ignorant and you don't want change." Do you see any Kiffin fans on here lecturing other posters who don't want him on morality or their character? Jesus, dude. It's CFB. It's entertainment and leisure. Means absolutely nothing in the abstract.

"If you don't want Deion hired then you just don't understand" = "I can't logically defend my argument for Deion so I will subvert any argument or point you have by using race and culture therefore rendering anything you say as offensive or useless." 

Now you're just making sh*t up. Not a single human being on this website is advocating to not recruit black athletes. That is the worst attempt I have ever seen on a forum and that's saying something. You are just lying therefore destroying any legitimacy you had. "more inclusive" LMAO yeah Auburn (and every other CFB program) only recruits one single type of human being. You're totally right. 

I know plenty of white Gen X'ers or older millennials who loved Deion growing up and every single FSU fan I know regardless of their age or race thinks he hung the moon. He is like their Bo Jackson. Race has absolutely nothing to do with it. Nice try.

Seek help

I'm assuming you didn't read my post and that's why you are misquoting and making stuff up.....but I'm not surprised

I'm interested though who have lectured you and called you ignorant because you mentioned his coaching experience?

Edited by cole256

47 minutes ago, woodford said:

We think you Sanders worshippers are a cult because of this post right here. Those of us who are hesitant to want Deion hired get lectured on how ignorant and backwards we are because we question the validity of a guy who has only been a college

The arguments against Deion aren’t ignorant. Totally understand.  It’s a buying a stock as its trending up and has massive potential (with some risk) vs waiting for it to peak (has hit its ceiling and your paying highest price) debate. For me, the cultural stuff is interesting I guess, some people get euphoric while others grumpy. But for me there are no greater risks than a 10 year contract or coaches with an off field screw up pattern. Agsin, I do understand having DS reservations - most decisions are based on both facts and instincts.  To each their own.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

Agreed with you all the way as you know, but unless Cohen pulls a “Greene” and goes rogue, afraid the Prime ship has sailed. 

• Like 1

I'll admit I haven't read every post but from what I have read seems to me people have been more than happy to reply back why or why not they agree or disagree.

Just because a person offers rebuttal to a thought shouldn't mean a hissy fit is thrown and experiences should be exaggerated. Sometimes all that's needed is to read a person's post more than once to make sure the way you took it initially is what was actually said. Also just because a person has disagreed with you in the past doesn't mean that you automatically have to disagree, or that person is inadequate and don't know what they are talking about. 

But that's just my opinion

2 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

We know that Nick Saban and any staff he has under him can coach and win titles. We know that Kirby Smart and his staff can coach and win titles. 

Tell us how their first seasons at their respective programs went and who their OCs were.

Point is it wasn’t all roses to begin. But what never wavered was recruiting. And what never wavers is recruiting lures assistants. 

16 minutes ago, Viper said:

Agreed with you all the way as you know, but unless Cohen pulls a “Greene” and goes rogue, afraid the Prime ship has sailed. 

You’re probably right. But if you check Prime/Auburn activity since Barkley’s interview. His name has spiked massively today.

31 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

You’re probably right. But if you check Prime/Auburn activity since Barkley’s interview. His name has spiked massively today.

Not very many sports analysts generate more buzz with their words than Barkley. But the mouthpieces’ desires rarely translate into precisely what they want. However, some sort of derivative can result i.e. Prime ending up with more interviews.

2 hours ago, woodford said:

Seek help

Have to wonder why you took it so personally?

1 hour ago, auburnatl1 said:

The arguments against Deion aren’t ignorant. Totally understand.  It’s a buying a stock as its trending up and has massive potential (with some risk) vs waiting for it to peak (has hit its ceiling and your paying highest price) debate. For me, the cultural stuff is interesting I guess, some people get euphoric while others grumpy. But for me there are no greater risks than a 10 year contract or coaches with an off field screw up pattern. Agsin, I do understand having DS reservations - most decisions are based on both facts and instincts.  To each their own.

Great analogy.  Some want to hire the coach of the past.  Some want to hire the coach of the future.

5 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Have to wonder why you took it so personally?

Lol Would never take anything personal on a CFB message board.

When I see people lie or try to warp reality I have a tendency to call them out on it. People are turning a HC vacancy into a moral issue. A microcosm of this hellscape society we live in today.

Feel free to put me on your ignore list and improve your experience on this website. 

• Facepalm 1