Rumors are flying this morning

AUY2K

I just hope President Roberts and AD Cohen have paid attention to what Auburn has had to do the past 2 years and what Texas A&M is going through right now.  Freeze, Kiffin, Deion, whoever isn't worth 10 mill and 10 year contracts with ridiculous buy outs.  All that will happen with a deal like this is a very unhappy fan base in 3-4 years if Auburn isn't a top 5 program year in and year out and we're right back to where we are today.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Guest MustardSeed
1 hour ago, Hank2020 said:

It’s going to be about the annual salary, rather than the length of the contract IMO.

Length of contract severely affects buyout. It’s going to be about both. 

20 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

Mississippi law won't let Ole Miss go 7 years. 4 years is the max on a contract in the state of Mississippi. So that shoots that rumor down.

Nobody knows what will happen except the few people that need to know.

No. They claim our offer is 7 year 78 MM

1 hour ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

I can understand Kiffin/Sanders being

1a and 1b 

But not ever having Sanders in a back up plan? That’s not good.

I’m good with LK even though Sanders is my top pick.

I’m ok (not good) with Kiffin if it was guaranteed he stay the rest of his career. But he won’t. He will leave us hanging or disappointed, just like he has everyone else. He relishes being a douche. When Saban retires, he will be all guns blazing for it. He would become the most hated HC in the history of CFB. And he would be just fine with it.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, AUCE05 said:

No. They claim our offer is 7 year 78 MM

You said “OM guys are claiming they won't match.”

We’re saying Ole Miss can’t match it. They can’t go past 4 years. 

14 minutes ago, Viper said:

I’m ok (not good) with Kiffin if it was guaranteed he stay the rest of his career. But he won’t. He will leave us hanging or disappointed, just like he has everyone else. He relishes being a douche. When Saban retires, he will be all guns blazing for it. He would become the most hated HC in the history of CFB. And he would be just fine with it.

Well, if LK were to come to AU then he would not be going to Tuskalooser... one thing is for sure,  if you are the coach at Auburn you will never be the coach at Mississippi east

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Viper said:

You said “OM guys are claiming they won't match.”

We’re saying Ole Miss can’t match it. They can’t go past 4 years. 

I know. I am giving two data points that say we are offering close to 12 MM/year and OM won't match. The only difference is years. 

5 hours ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

Yeah,  Tennessee was pissed Kiffin left  them.    

There are a few things about this video I want to comment on. 

1. I can actually smell the PBR leaking out of this man

2. He is 100000% a Tennessee fan

3. He was upset about lane leaving 

4. He didn't have to worry about meeting USC in a bowl game

5. Did he make any videos for Derek, Butch, or Pruitt. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Win4AU said:

I just hope President Roberts and AD Cohen have paid attention to what Auburn has had to do the past 2 years and what Texas A&M is going through right now.  Freeze, Kiffin, Deion, whoever isn't worth 10 mill and 10 year contracts with ridiculous buy outs.  All that will happen with a deal like this is a very unhappy fan base in 3-4 years if Auburn isn't a top 5 program year in and year out and we're right back to where we are today.

I agree 100%. However, I don’t know if colleges or universities have yet to realize that these astronomical contracts are not sustainable.

On 11/14/2022 at 7:37 AM, Win4AU said:

Josh Pate hinted it could be someone that no one is looking at.  Watch it be PJ Fleck or James Franklin.

Sweet baby Jesus I hope not. 

• Like 2

Sorry if someone has already posted this news (I read a bunch of these pages but not all)... The Memphis paper reported that Deion told his Jax State team last week that he's not leaving. Seems to me his name began to fade from the coaching speculation about then. Because Jax State has played in Memphis in the Southern Heritage Classic for years, Memphis reporters cover them. I've said all along that I didn't think Deion would leave Jax State this year. He'll leave eventually, but he's gotten them to make significant investments in the program based on selling out their stadium because of him. If he left now he'd be leaving them in a bind. So, I think he's staying there, & I think that has nothing to do with us. I may turn out to be dead wrong, but that's what I'm seeing with him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Taker said:

Well, if LK were to come to AU then he would not be going to Tuskalooser... one thing is for sure,  if you are the coach at Auburn you will never be the coach at Mississippi east

9b164ebb-1f12-475b-aead-5d3adc68bcdf_tex

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AUCE05 said:

I know. I am giving two data points that say we are offering close to 12 MM/year and OM won't match. The only difference is years. 

AU is not going to make Lane Kiffin the richest HC in CFB. He isn’t worth it. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

So there’s talk that Yabba Dabo’s reps reached out…giphy.gif?cid=5e214886zzueflgqnw7d7pyxq6

Dabo and Harsin share the same agent.  There is zero chance that Dabo has reached out.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Systems said:

If it's not Freeze, Kiffin, or Sanders - you can have my season tickets.

Dibbs..you still gotta pay for them though

• Love 1

7 minutes ago, Taker said:

Dibbs..you still gotta pay for them though

Of course, you'd be number 1 on my list.

2 minutes ago, AUY2K said:

Sonny Dykes

Please......no

• Like 1