2023 Recruiting Hot-Board

Zeek

11 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

QB + Edge should be 1a & 1b on our list right now.

If we're truly going to a 2 LB system, we might be OK at LB without anymore.

Agree, we need more OL at a minimum a guard.  Finding a center would be a bonus.

I'd love to get a WR, but I think it's the least of our current needs.  I haven't heard much from the Oregon WR that visited early

I think Mardner or Thrash might be our best chance at WR. I have not heard if Green actually visited.  As to LB it really depends on how good some of our current LB's can be. Riley, Steiner, Woodyard, and maybe Powell need to step up and Ilkey Steiner will graduate after this year so I think we need another Portal LB with at least 2 years 

9 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I think Mardner or Thrash might be our best chance at WR. I have not heard if Green actually visited.  As to LB it really depends on how good some of our current LB's can be. Riley, Steiner, Woodyard, and maybe Powell need to step up and Ilkey Steiner will graduate after this year so I think we need another Portal LB with at least 2 years 

Thrash signed with L'ville

6 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Thrash signed with L'ville

Thank you I missed that.  Do you know if Green showed up this weekend?

5 hours ago, Mikey said:

We must all realize that those NIL figures are the site's estimate of a player's value. It's similar to the star system for recruits. Those dollar figures have nothing to do with how much a player is actually paid. What a player is paid under the NIL is no more public information than your personal salary is.

Thank you for explaining this to me. I don't want to put out any misinformation so I'm going to delete my earlier post about this. 

Now that I've learned this about NIL, can you explain exactly how the recruiting sites get in the ballpark on a players NIL worth? Since the exact amount isn't made public. Thanks again!

6 hours ago, Mikey said:

We must all realize that those NIL figures are the site's estimate of a player's value. It's similar to the star system for recruits. Those dollar figures have nothing to do with how much a player is actually paid. What a player is paid under the NIL is no more public information than your personal salary is.

I personally think it's pretty dumb that they do that. For one thing, there will be kids that look at that and think that's their true value, if it's not. Then there's the whole matter of how they even calculate it

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Are you being serious?

Pretty that is sarcasm from previous posters analysis 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, AUatHeart said:

Did we really need another soft TX player in the secondary?

Yes, give me the Charmin crew

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Thank you I missed that.  Do you know if Green showed up this weekend?

Greens gonna follow Spencer Sanders wherever he goes, which looks like Ole Miss.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, DAG said:

Pretty that is sarcasm from previous posters analysis 

Yea I kind of thought it might be. I remember something a year or two ago where people were calling Texas players soft and Bird took up the good fight IIRC

3 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Yea I kind of thought it might be. I remember something a year or two ago where people were calling Texas players soft and Bird took up the good fight IIRC

One person in actuality lol

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

51 minutes ago, DAG said:

One person in actuality lol

I used to think Texas players were soft until @bigbird posted a bunch of gifs that convinced me they weren’t soft.  It took some time to change my mind, then my heart.

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

I used to think Texas players were soft until @bigbird posted a bunch of gifs that convinced me they weren’t soft.  It took some time to change my mind, then my heart.

phoebook-ripping.gif 

#Texassoft

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

Now that I've learned this about NIL, can you explain exactly how the recruiting sites get in the ballpark on a players NIL worth? Since the exact amount isn't made public. Thanks again!

They probably aren't even in the ballpark. Player A's assigned value relative to players B and C may be close, but none of those values reflect an actual payment. Example: If they assign a value of $200,000 to Tank, then assigning $150,000 to Hunter and $75,000 to Alston is probably reasonable. However, it's possible none of them even got a 100 dollar bill. Consider those values like crypto currency: They don't exist in the real world.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AUinMS9528 said:

But there are many good Edge players still in the portal.

Who are these people?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AUinMS9528 said:

https://247sports.com/Season/2023-Football/TransferPortal/
That’s a really long list, but of them, there are several that I think would be very helpful for us.  

There are two edge players on that list that are uncommitted 

So far the staff has done an excellent job of improving this team. 

O-Line we have 3 OT's two Portal and a JUCO plus a nice HS Class. Still need interior O-line Portal with 2 possibilities left. We need at least one of these but both would be perfect. 

Micah Mazzccua - Decision Tuesday Night 

Damieon George - Not sure when deciding

Interior DL - Two Portal and a couple HS so looking good may have a shot at previous 5* DT in Portal plus some solid returning players

LB - Portal Demario Tolan - Appears that is all staff wants. Personally and I know a lot less then staff I would like one more.

Edge - 1 Portal signed so far need at least one more

DB - Picked up two more HS this week along with others and returning players - this is an area of strength.

WR - None so far -  Nick Mardner probably our best possibility- Bryson Green visited Friday but will probably go where Sanders goes. I like him a lot but either would be great. Some feel we don't need a WR I disagree.

QB - Sanders did not show word is that staff was not that high on him so not sure where are.

Final synopsis:

We need 1-2 Interior DL or guys that can play OT and interior, need another Edge, may need another LB, may need another WR and need a QB But only if better then what we have.

Right now if we had to pick a starting 5 on O-Line I think it would be:

Wade Diilon LT

Gunner Britton RT

Jeremiah Wright LG

Izavion Miller RG and backup tackle

Conner Lew - C

Existing Roster and New Freshman would be the backups

Edited by AuburnNTexas
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, alabastertiger said:

What is the last day for to get somebody from the transfer portal and still have them register for this semester? 

I think it's the 18th of this month, not positive... 

• Like 1