2014 5* RB Racean "Roc" Thomas COMMITS TO AUBURN!!!!

bigbuck

War Eagle Roc!!!!! Yeah I would take him on my team any day even if he was a 1 star. He has the gift and determination that makes those around him better. He sets an example with hard work, dedication, effort and determination, not running his mouth. Great Team player. Stay grounded Roc Greatness awaits you!!!! :wareagle:

I'm sure there are a bunch a 1 stars with those qualities. Maybe we should offer a few of them.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What type of stats is the "Roc" putting up this year?

football

well being the great mod you are that was very helpful. Thanks so much

He doesn't know anything about football; he's only a high school coach!!

Everything I'm reading from turd boards (I know I know....) is that they aren't comfortable with LF coming to turdistan and that Roc would definitely and immediately commit to the turds when/if the spot opens up. Anyone have any insight on this or is it turds just being turds?

I hope they do attempt this and he shuts them down publicly and in mature manner. If I were them though, I would worry about keeping who I have...

Everything I'm reading from turd boards (I know I know....) is that they aren't comfortable with LF coming to turdistan and that Roc would definitely and immediately commit to the turds when/if the spot opens up. Anyone have any insight on this or is it turds just being turds?

They have been arrogantly saying this since Roc committed. Nothing new. They were the same way with Jaboo 2 years ago being arrogant that they were going to get him from FSU. Look how that turned out.

Their day is coming...may take sabear leaving but that day will happen IMO. It is simply not possible to stay where they have without the other shoe flling at some point. It may only be the playoff leveling the field but I can't see anyone EVER winning 3/4 again or 4/5 if they go on this year. With conference championships and having to play 2 games to win it the odds are just too great IYAM. I'm no Math Wiz but I can imagine that the extra game makes a big difference as far as possibilities of this ever occuring in the Play-off Era. This will make it even more important IMO that we control our base. We have to get our share in AL but also GA, FL and MS.

I think UAt, USCw and ND will be able to recruit nationally always more so than we could. We still go after selected kids nationally but we HAVE to rule the roost at home!

I think UAt, USCw and ND will be able to recruit nationally always more so than we could. We still go after selected kids nationally but we HAVE to rule the roost at home!

Dixie, I think in Alabama we will always get some very important recruits but, I think it is critical for AU to do very well in regional recruiting. With the sports politics that exist in Alabama, I don't see us dominating the recruiting in Alabama. We need to keep getting several good players a year from GA, FL, with a few each from MS, LA, AR, TN, SC.

By home, I meant AL, GA, FL and MS. Add SC, TN, LA and maybe NC some.

Ok, so we are on the same page.

By home, I meant AL, GA, FL and MS. Add SC, TN, LA and maybe NC some.

Ok, so we are on the same page.

Yep. If my first post had been less wordy, maybe it would have been read. :laugh:

Conflicting reports. Roc either had 294 yards rushing and 4 TDs in a 41-20 win over Pell City or 237 yards on 28 carries with 5 TDs.

Conflicting reports. Roc either had 294 yards rushing and 4 TDs in a 41-20 win over Pell City or 237 yards on 28 carries with 5 TDs.

either way is extremely impressive!

According to the Anniston Star it was 237 yds on 28 carries with 4 TDs. I'm trying to find video of one of the most amazing runs that I have seen on any level. I saw it on the ABC 33/40 Friday Night Blitz.

http://www.annistonstar.com/view/full_story/23924067/article-With-Thomas-leading-the-way--Oxford-has-a-great-night-from-start-to-finish

FOUND IT! Click on Friday Night Blitz Part 2 on the second page of videos. Watch the entire Oxford segment. The amazing run where he breaks 8 tackles and goes 28 yards for a TD starts at about the 30 second mark.

http://www.abc3340.com/category/269632/friday-night-blitz

Archived